Entropia Universe 16.4.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixes Issues:

• Fixed an issue where Quantity in a Trade Terminal defaults to one if the Quantity is not changed
!
Changes:

• The game will no longer affect the mouse cursor when it’s outside the game window (during startup).
!
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

268MB for this fix? :scratch2:

Is that it ? - It hardly seems worth it, unless there is a change to the loot distribution

Probably also along with future stuff so future patches will not be very big

Or they loaded everything so that Summer Mayhem can start Friday with just the flip of a switch.

the game is not visable, it is a black screen

the game is not visable, it is a black screen.

When i start the game from the client loader and the window come up, its all black, i hear the Classic entropia sound that you get from the start.
but the window is black and nothing else. someone else have this problem?

Or they loaded everything so that Summer Mayhem can start Friday with just the flip of a switch.
Yes and I think Mayhem starts tomorrow June 19

That's not very big, lol. Also it's pretty simple to see what's been updated, on linux (or cygwin/mingw) with judicious use of find piped to sort:

1560854561.3570000000 Tue, Jun 18, 2019 06:42:41 ./bin32/ClientLoader.exe
1560854561.3570000000 Tue, Jun 18, 2019 06:42:41 ./bin32/Entropia.exe
1560854561.3570000000 Tue, Jun 18, 2019 06:42:41 ./bin32/EntropiaUpdater.exe
1560854561.3570000000 Tue, Jun 18, 2019 06:42:41 ./bin64/Entropia.exe
(... etc etc content paks etc ... )

Just those binaries alone are 1/4 of the update. I'm going to guess they don't do binary diffs (would assume encryption on clients) and replace whole files during updates. Add in one or two dynamic_content .paks and that's your update.

Is that it ? - It hardly seems worth it, unless there is a change to the loot distribution

yay finally they've gotten through the list of bugs and are now working on the "less noticeable" ones.

When i start the game from the client loader and the window come up, its all black, i hear the Classic entropia sound that you get from the start.

yes same issue.

Yep, same here.

What should we do? :scratch2:

If you read in client loader, there is more info whatelse they fixed.

Dont get why MA doesn´t post it here, too.

I uninstall it, downloaded it agien and fired it up agien, it worked :)

For me launcher stop working after every patch or update and I need to forced close for some times (i think it's needed for every planetary update at a time) till it finish and the last action, that's the "compacting data" procedure.
After that is opening and working ok.

EDIT: as Goni said above, why they don't tell us all and what exactly they patch? Seems didn't told everything.

Last edited:
Changes:

• The game will no longer affect the mouse cursor when it’s outside the game window (during startup).

Originally Posted Here[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain me what this change?all i can say is that after this change the LBML is not working since radar gets diselected when ever mouse pointer is dragged away from game screen.now u hv to keep the mouse pointer on top of radar so that the lbml circle to follow.was loving mining now its becomming pain in the ass.why do you programmers make it so fucking horrible for us update after update?

Can someone explain me what this change?all i can say is that after this change the LBML is not working since radar gets diselected when ever mouse pointer is dragged away from game screen.now u hv to keep the mouse pointer on top of radar so that the lbml circle to follow.was loving mining now its becomming pain in the ass.why do you programmers make it so fucking horrible for us update after update?

Didn't know MA were the ones behind lbml??? If its not their product, they have no reason to ensure anything works with that tool...its the publisher of the tool that has to keep it updated.

Didn't know MA were the ones behind lbml??? If its not their product, they have no reason to ensure anything works with that tool...its the publisher of the tool that has to keep it updated.

I understand that but what is the reason behind this change?what i was told MA accepted Lbml to work with EU and could it be that they dnt want lbml or any other 3rd party software interfering anymore?why was the radar thing changed anyways was my argument and who ever uses lbml can see what im asking.if u cant answer that pls spare me the lectures.

I understand that but what is the reason behind this change?what i was told MA accepted Lbml to work with EU and could it be that they dnt want lbml or any other 3rd party software interfering anymore?why was the radar thing changed anyways was my argument and who ever uses lbml can see what im asking.if u cant answer that pls spare me the lectures.

Do you have note behind rader? I have note and rader top right corner i get 100%. You might need reset you rader settings.

Do you have note behind rader? I have note and rader top right corner i get 100%. You might need reset you rader settings.

As Hitman (and many others) I have problem with this too. Never in the past had such issues. I reset all the things are needed for LBML to work also made that "note" trick behind the radar, but is useless.
The strange thing is when EU client is on (i'm playing in window mode), everything in my system are slow down.
Have to constantly open inventory (I button) or push ESC to have focus to my cursor!!!! This is stupid!
Can't do anything else with my PC as I could in the past (reading forum, have browser on, have mail client on or listen music etc. Now I need to quit because this is way to annoying.

Yup.i used sticky note behind radar and was working 100%.its not the case since radar goes on and off black and grey as others explained.hope it get back to where it was b4.pretty annoying.

The reason for the change doesn't matter, MA have changed something and its up to the publisher of the 3rd party tool to update their program. Also have you opened a support case to MA to advise what is happening? If not i would suggest you do as it might be an unintended side effect considering the change notes said "(during start-up)".

Perhaps its not supposed to be doing what it is during play. One reason i can think of that change is that it was stopping people from being able to click/do other things on their desktop while the game is windowed. I personally haven't had any issues like that, but i also have never experiernced the chat window bugs or the black screens on startup or the unable to update. So it might be a fix that affects a small number of people.

Also sorry to say this, but sometimes lectures are needed, especially when people complain about a company doing something that affects a third party application. Even more so when the basics of that system has not changed within the game.

Back