PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT ´N LOOT
    Sure it may also depend on the country...here in Austria (also in germany) you really cant live without an id with Photo (mostly used is a passport)

We have/had so many scams and frauds (like 4 ppl use same medical card without photo to get free medicine and doctor hours, or like 5 ppl are registering on a dummy adress)..so now you need to show it on every thing you need..

I needed/need like my passport almost 4 times a week (doctor,goverment ways or documents getting, also i need it when i go to several customers although they know me..but its in their security procedures and also it is copied sometimes for their documents)

Also i can rly understand ma in this way....not every man is honest in this world...i could get easily eletric bills,and other documents from ppl which throw them away without thinking of any possible abuse there...

AND not to forget....official documents with photo are also registered and eletronically stored through the goverment with eletrical serial numbers (which ma could compare with the goverment ones in a case of a fraud/scam when they need to enable a suit or police to be on a safe side)...

Eddie

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What kind of ID can I get, if I don't have a driver's licence?
    The Ontario Photo Card is government-issued identification (ID) that you can get instead of a driver's licence.

If you don't have a driver's licence, you may be able to show other ID, such as a passport, PR Card, or a health card.

If you don't want to carry these sensitive ID documents around with you, the Ontario Photo Card may be a good option for you.

https://settlement.org/ontario/daily...ver-s-licence/
    Last edited by Xavier_Jr; 06-26-2019 at 23:26.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Oleg, there is also the citizen card in the UK. £15 21 day delivery, or £30 2 day delivery. Which I guess is similar to other countries national identity cards.
    https://www.citizencard.com/what-is-a-citizencard

And yes you can’t get a provisional if you can’t read a number plate from 20m. So would be passport or citizens card I guess.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    I would think I'm more likely to get refused entry because of being obviously way too far over 25

Getting very OT now, but I picked up a parcel from a Royal Mail sorting office about 2 weeks ago merely by waving my debit card in the guy's general direction. I don't think he even checked the name. If he did, he had tremendously good eyesight.
    • People over 30 do go to nightclubs, they aren't all sitting in wingback chairs in their slippers writing to the Daily Mail.
    • Yes, you can use a debit card too to pick up a parcel - I didn't have mine on the occasion I mentioned. So I mentioned it.
    • I tried to help, but if you are more stubborn than me, then good luck for the future!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.
    I can imagine this is used to confirm people via EU money laundering rules, Canadian anti laundering laws, and US anti laundering laws ect. to track money. Most banks now require Photo ID as a result of recent banking regulations worldwide, and yes, if you a have bank account...these agencies all have your photo stored in a database, and share them if needed worldwide. Welcome to the future.

The list of required documentation to open an account in Canada is designed to get at least one valid agency where your information is already stored and can be verified against.

I wont suggest what he should do as I am sure he already knows by now and has plans, but all banks, and institutions like Mindark, have to comply with regulations when certain amounts of money trade hands. (Mindark, if you remember, applied to become a real financial bank..only to hold off due to the 2008 financial effects, if they have any plans in the future to continue this, they will be complying with those regulations) This is the world we now live in.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Entropia Utilities - search my items, blueprints + wiki data - updated!
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 575k+ skills

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    One more thing - if anyone can explain why MA require a photo on the ID, when they have absolutely no way of being able to tell if the photo is of me or of someone completely different, I'd love to hear it.
    I'm just guessing here, but I always thought they don't need a photo per se. It just happens that all three of the most secure government identification methods require a photo.

The triplet (id card, drivers license or passport) is used for a lot of things as a means of identification. For example in my country one of them is required to open a bank account so, interestingly, for some things only a credit card is required (because you cannot get one without valid ID) but I doubt the bank uses the photo itself for anything relevant.

This changes from country to country this is just my guess, so I could be wrong.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Shawn Thark Columbo
    Society
    German White Angels
    Images
    im honestly surprised that a birth certificate is not accepted. That feels like the most basic form of ID, like if you lost all your crap in a fire and had your birth certificate at your parents for some reason, you could get all your documents back fairly easily with that, right?
    “Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?"

"Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead, and frosting of white.” I said solemnly,

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thark View Post
    im honestly surprised that a birth certificate is not accepted. That feels like the most basic form of ID, like if you lost all your crap in a fire and had your birth certificate at your parents for some reason, you could get all your documents back fairly easily with that, right?
    In the state of Minnesota (right across the street from Ontario) you can get a photo ID without even that.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Charley Moondog 1969
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    I had to prove who I was to MA a few years back. I sent them a copy of my Passport (British - no address) and this was accepted by them.
    If it killed you
    It isn't because you have the wrong armour,
    you just need a bigger gun

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    All these years I use the web and applications - games and all kind of services, I had to confirmed who am I more than once to several companies and entities. Is not a bad thing
    Passport, legal goverment ID or driving license! If you an adult and legit person you should have all or something of those at least.
    If you wanna continue to use EU, you should do it.

Good luck

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast