What Happens to Space Mobs if Ship is Destroyed?

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
I think the new positions of Training & Nesting Grounds are a tremendous improvement on what was there before.

Previously taking a ship out for pilot and repairer skilling was straightforward & if anything too easy.

The old TG location was usually close to a Space Station. Fuel was not a problem and the pilot could make allowances for any untrained repairers (or even none at all) and guide their ship back to the SS where any following mobs were destroyed.

It was difficult for a pilot to destroy the ship they were in control of unintentionally.

Which was a good thing because when a ship was destroyed the mobs survived - but they were "dry" in that no further pilot skills could be obtained from them. (I do not know if this is always the case or does the potential for pilot skilling regenerate over a time?)

The new TGs are further away so fuel consumption would play a bigger role, and it is an awfully long way back to the safety of a SS when chased by mobs. (especially by Skyflails & Hermits which can not be outrun)

So skilling expeditions will now need to be taken more seriously than the used to be. (Which is a good thing).

My concern is what happens when a ship is destroyed by mobs? It happened to me twice - one time it seemed that the mobs were also destroyed, the other I am not sure.

Can anyone advise? If mobs are destroyed with ship. then all is good - but if they aren't if would be unfortunate and unfair to other ships skilling in the grounds. And doubly so if a ship was intentionally destroyed just to maximise repairable damage.

The mobs are not killed. after 10 minutes or so of no avatars in space they disappear to their starting positions. If they were "dry" before then the respawn mobs are dry as well.

The mobs are NOT killed.

What might have started the "explosion kills mobs" rumor is that the animation of explosion makes healthbars disappear for a couple of seconds until the scene is redrawn. And perhaps wishful thinking also plays a role.

Thank you both for the information - it confirms what I was starting to suspect.

And yes, wishful thinking did play a part as it would be a low act on other players skilling for captain. I would not like it if I was wasting my time collecting dry mobs, so would not want to do that to others.

I wonder though how often that is happening now, mobs killing ships

often still... caught your ship doing that very thing yesterday ay caly ss.. respositioning at 0hp after exploding someplace.

now its pretty much.. no gunners.. no skillin

Skilling Process 101 :

Collect mobs
Repair damage
Kill Mobs

Rinse and repeat:wtg:
Simples

Yes your take was a bit simple, I think you missed the point.

how about
Collect mobs
repair damage
blow up
even more damage to repair back at the SS
heaps of repair skilling
stuffs given about other players captain skilling = nil

Honestly it would be good if it stopped

Last edited:
Back