Status

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Hi guys,

I made this thread a while back:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310934-Why-doesn-t-MA-have-competition

And suddenly this comes up:

If these guys dont make same mistakes as MA, we might find the answer to this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?223139-How-long-do-you-think-MA-will-survive

Alpha is coming out this september, but plans for beta is 2021. What do you guys think? Do they have a chance? Will MA start working overtime to finally fix all the broke things in-game and also add new interesting content?

Time will tell...

True :bandit:

EDIT:
Removed some info that was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Alpha in september, beta in 2021, release in 2023, gone and forgotten by 2025.

Until they have a withdrawal system up and running, there is no competition even if they'd already had a working game.

All those games that are a copy of EU are just an alternative for those who failed bad in Entropia :laugh:

OP u failed hard also :laugh:

Now I see they have Patreon. Everything will be fine then.

All those games that are a copy of EU are just an alternative for those who failed bad in Entropia :laugh:

Why did I fail? :scratch2: For posting this or are you trying to say there are things that dont need fixing here? :)

That's also my feeling.Whoever is searching or try to promote alternatives for EU start in mind with the idea of Mindark stole my toy and I will revenge by playing something else and I will show them they will go bankrupt (because they didn't do what I've suggested and I don't like their roadmap because it doesn't fit my expectation)
So far I've never heard or seen any successful player talking about it.
Lets see how the game will be whenever they will release it if they will ever release it and time will tell.
Most likely will fail but who knows :)

:

Maybe you are right. But by insulting them as losers they could go to the other game faster, and the 4 very successful players here could be left alone. And they probably wouldn't be successful as before. It is best to let it happen as an alternative. For the rest, the competition is good, I understand that the philosophy they claim is not the same as here. MA is caring for and retaining a very small class of big depositors, caring them like it were gold. Those in the new game are trying to create a massive game. So "competition" is not exactly what they will be for MA. They could try that new philosophy because they are new. (They don't owe anyone anything yet.) Here, in nowadays, MA depends a lot on the small elite with very big deposits and that would very difficult to change without an economic shock for MA. So you have to take this competition with a little more seriousness. Because finally, we are just players. We are not shareholders of MA or am I wrong? :wtg:

Last edited:
Funny how the 2 sides are fighting

On 1 hand, there are people who are disappointed by EU. The people some would say the "Failures of EU". They see an alternative (which already looks better than EU, graphics-wise) and they are willing to participate into it. They don't see any more merit playing in EU when the grass is a lot greener on the other side

On the other hand, u have big investors and ubers, whose income depends on deeds, people cycling peds in their LA or people buying items from their (sometimes) overpriced shop. They see it as a threat and are more than willing to downplay any upcoming competitor, in hopes that people will stay in EU.

With how MA is going forward (with the ever lack of communication and meaningful updates), I can see the reason why people will jump boat, and the reason why all those ubers and big investors are so quick to comment negatively

The sky is falling slowly but surely. It may not look like it, but the small pieces of it are starting to crack

Funny how the 2 sides are fighting

On 1 hand, there are people who are disappointed by EU. The people some would say the "Failures of EU". They see an alternative (which already looks better than EU, graphics-wise) and they are willing to participate into it. They don't see any more merit playing in EU when the grass is a lot greener on the other side

On the other hand, u have big investors and ubers, whose income depends on deeds, people cycling peds in their LA or people buying items from their (sometimes) overpriced shop. They see it as a threat and are more than willing to downplay any upcoming competitor, in hopes that people will stay in EU.

With how MA is going forward (with the ever lack of communication and meaningful updates), I can see the reason why people will jump boat, and the reason why all those ubers and big investors are so quick to comment negatively

The sky is falling slowly but surely. It may not look like it, but the small pieces of it are starting to crack

The sky falled years ago... atm are only 2 type of players: noobs that have no clue about the game and rich ppl that don't give a shit about money and just enjoy the game.... eh.... always was like this :))) that's why MA don't give a shit :) they know it.... addicted gamblers will keep this game alive forever :D So yea.... ubers that invested shitload money to make money ofc are a bit scared because gamblers doesn't buy their items :)))) so they don't need normal ppl leave the game :)))

rich ppl that don't give a shit about money and just enjoy the game

Very very small amount of people that do this in EU. If they truly don't care about money, there are at least 4 other MMOs that can satisfy their craving. EU is decades behind even from 2010's MMOs.

Either way, it will be pretty interesting to see how it goes in EU once Virtuverse actually makes it

Competition is good

Competition is good, where I live taxis used to have a monopoly on the market and they got lazy. You could book a taxi 24 hours in advance and sometimes they still wouldn't show up, the drivers were rude late and lazy.

Then uber came along and it was easy to book through the app, they were polite, had mints and water to offer you were cheaper and showed up quickly.

The taxi drivers sh*t their pants and had to adapt, it took a while but now i actually don't mind getting a taxi because their service has improved, most companies have an app to book through now also.

So you see competition keeps companies and services honest and drives improvement.

I look forward to a day that Entropia has some competition, it might just mean Mindark listen to us a bit more and push to improve their service.

Good companies and services generally don't die when a new competitor enters the market.

If the competitor is worse than here it could drive people to come here and also it may even just raise awareness/interest in this game too.

Last edited:
Alpha in september, beta in 2021, release in 2023, gone and forgotten by 2025.

Until they have a withdrawal system up and running, there is no competition even if they'd already had a working game.

Agreed. Functioning and sustainable fixed rate withdrawal system is necessary to be competitive.

I dont think it is like that. Okay, I always complain a lot because I don't get the expected results and I end up getting more money, which I don't always have ... and I understand the game.

However, I think that withdraw is a drag for many: many of us would give up withdraw in exchange for better loot and fun, because the only thing we want is to play without getting too expensive.

Moreover, I have always thought that when you create an avatar, there should be a checkbox that says "give up the withdraw" ... people who marked the box could not withdraw but would have a much better loot, to keep the game.

Therefore, a game with better graphics, similar gameplay and fun, similar plot, although you cant withdraw, it would be a huge niche market for people who are looking for fun, not getting rich ...

I've heard this sentence since i was introduced to this game 15y ago.

I have wasted way too much time playing alternatives that promised to add withdrawal. Sooner or later all announced that it will never happen or game simply died. Don't forget that EU was built with huge pile of cash and somehow it has managed to get pass all of the laws related to gambling issues.

I don't say it will be quaraneed fail, but history shows us that odds for that are way too high

Few examples:

AfterWorld - most successful competitor that have existed, but never managed to add withdrawal. Developers killed it with new version since they were lack of resources and never managed to complete new version. Servers are closed

Project ION- similar to EU. Outdated graphics. Withdrawal was promised, but later on it was announced that it will never happen. Still running, but playerbase and content is basically non-existent

Planet of Dreams- was promising at the beginning, rather big investments made by me (I still own most uber gear in game). Withdrawal is still working, but project is abandoned. No more updates, lack of content and graphics is non-existent

Planet of Luck- Created/copied by the same guy as above one. never tried it, withdrawal is working (although i am not sure about it's legality). few player daily average and development is extremely slow (maybe one update per year)

Aftertime Diaries- Biggest scam so far. Marketing videos and promises were awesome. A lot of cash received from investors, but game never saw daylight. I'd say that it was the closest thing to EU's alpha version

Of course i hope for the best for this project, but please be careful before investing too much and getting your hopes too high.

I dont think it is like that. Okay, I always complain a lot because I don't get the expected results and I end up getting more money, which I don't always have ... and I understand the game.

However, I think that withdraw is a drag for many: many of us would give up withdraw in exchange for better loot and fun, because the only thing we want is to play without getting too expensive.

Moreover, I have always thought that when you create an avatar, there should be a checkbox that says "give up the withdraw" ... people who marked the box could not withdraw but would have a much better loot, to keep the game.

Therefore, a game with better graphics, similar gameplay and fun, similar plot, although you cant withdraw, it would be a huge niche market for people who are looking for fun, not getting rich ...

In this case you can't be in the same server with other folks or you shouldn't be able to make any kind of trades- never. This is silly idea and you can play other games if you don't want RCE

Those guys rely on government money ('game incubator' or smth. like that).

As we've seen in this universe as well (Toulan *wink*), as soon as the subsidy ends, the best that can happen is business going into hibernation mode.

What can however happen is those guys (they're located in Gothenburg btw) may compete with MA for employees, hence raising MA's labor costs. Said employees will be happy though. :)

I do regret Afterworld failing. The core concept was very good, it was a pitty they didn't got any serious investor. While I do understand the "punishing MA" idea (I also shared it years ago when I used to get angry at math), I actually believe that competition would be good, via increasing the market.

I've heard this sentence since i was introduced to this game 15y ago.

I have wasted way too much time playing alternatives that promised to add withdrawal. Sooner or later all announced that it will never happen or game simply died. Don't forget that EU was built with huge pile of cash and somehow it has managed to get pass all of the laws related to gambling issues.

I don't say it will be quaraneed fail, but history shows us that odds for that are way too high

Few examples:

AfterWorld - most successful competitor that have existed, but never managed to add withdrawal. Developers killed it with new version since they were lack of resources and never managed to complete new version. Servers are closed

Project ION- similar to EU. Outdated graphics. Withdrawal was promised, but later on it was announced that it will never happen. Still running, but playerbase and content is basically non-existent

Planet of Dreams- was promising at the beginning, rather big investments made by me (I still own most uber gear in game). Withdrawal is still working, but project is abandoned. No more updates, lack of content and graphics is non-existent

Planet of Luck- Created/copied by the same guy as above one. never tried it, withdrawal is working (although i am not sure about it's legality). few player daily average and development is extremely slow (maybe one update per year)

Aftertime Diaries- Biggest scam so far. Marketing videos and promises were awesome. A lot of cash received from investors, but game never saw daylight. I'd say that it was the closest thing to EU's alpha version

Of course i hope for the best for this project, but please be careful before investing too much and getting your hopes too high.

Feels good to hear most of those clones failed although I believe solid competition is good for everyone.
If I have to choose between competition and long history of a specific business I'd go blindly all in with the long history.
Good luck to all believers into new projects.I will try it out too who knows :) on my 2nd monitor while grinding in EU of course.If there are lots of money to be made I will hang around if not ... not :)

This looks legit to be honest, they have published their full names and contact info (twitter, facebook, etc..). They seem to be answering all the questions in both reddit and discord, the other failed projects mentioned in this thread were very different (mostly the secrecy of who was behind them). Plus they are part of that game incubator thing so there's some tiny backing already.

Competition is always good for the customer, I don't know why you guys are so negative and affraid the game isn't even in closed alpha...

If it fails... whatever, if it succeeds... yay for us. No?

Well my opinion anyway, gl :)

Even though i dont believe this game will be competitive to EU i still highly believe that EU should start advertising much much much more than they do right now. Take for example Gothenurg, the city it comes from. Its 1 million people in that city only like 20 people play it atm. Start advertising first there for start and than ofc globally in every major city. The game needs to expand the other planets are empty and there is so much more space for more players. This will also increase the profits on both sides. New depositers will come and the loot will have even higher MU like in past. Look for example entropia forum 5 years ago it said it had 6000 people online. Nowadays i see like few hundred max. So i really hope they start listening about advertising because it is extremely important if the game wanna expand. I know they will probably have issues with servers and lag in the beginning but everything can be upgraded with the higher profit from newcomer depositers. I started playing this game because it has huge capacity and i dont wanna give up on it but I hope they will exploit it more.

This looks legit to be honest, they have published their full names and contact info (twitter, facebook, etc..). They seem to be answering all the questions in both reddit and discord, the other failed projects mentioned in this thread were very different (mostly the secrecy of who was behind them). Plus they are part of that game incubator thing so there's some tiny backing already.

Competition is always good for the customer, I don't know why you guys are so negative and affraid the game isn't even in closed alpha...

If it fails... whatever, if it succeeds... yay for us. No?

Well my opinion anyway, gl :)

I don't say it is not legit, but negativity is real since none of the clones has succeeded

None of these projects were different. Clones of EU and made by previous EU players who either failed big time or thought they can do better. By "better" every single project managed to get playing costs so low, that there was literally no money to provide decent development progress nor server upkeep.

I really wish that Virtuverse will be something different from previous clones

I do regret Afterworld failing. The core concept was very good, it was a pitty they didn't got any serious investor. While I do understand the "punishing MA" idea (I also shared it years ago when I used to get angry at math), I actually believe that competition would be good, via increasing the market.

They choosed the wrong engine. Torque engine is outdated. PPL today use Unreal engine, or other AAA engines.
And it was much boring to play that clone.

Even though i dont believe this game will be competitive to EU i still highly believe that EU should start advertising much much much more than they do right now. Take for example Gothenurg, the city it comes from. Its 1 million people in that city only like 20 people play it atm. Start advertising first there for start and than ofc globally in every major city. The game needs to expand the other planets are empty and there is so much more space for more players. This will also increase the profits on both sides. New depositers will come and the loot will have even higher MU like in past. Look for example entropia forum 5 years ago it said it had 6000 people online. Nowadays i see like few hundred max. So i really hope they start listening about advertising because it is extremely important if the game wanna expand. I know they will probably have issues with servers and lag in the beginning but everything can be upgraded with the higher profit from newcomer depositers. I started playing this game because it has huge capacity and i dont wanna give up on it but I hope they will exploit it more.

YES... maybe 5 ppl in my whole country know about EU, and switzerland is a gamer land!

Hi guys,

I made this thread a while back:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?310934-Why-doesn-t-MA-have-competition

And suddenly this comes up: virtuverse.io

If these guys dont make same mistakes as MA, we might find the answer to this thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?223139-How-long-do-you-think-MA-will-survive

Alpha is coming out this september, but plans for beta is 2021. What do you guys think? Do they have a chance? Will MA start working overtime to finally fix all the broke things in-game and also add new interesting content?

Time will tell...

True :bandit:

At least, they choosed the right Engine :)

Status
Back