Server Downtime for Release

Alright guys here's what I've done so far

1. Uninstalled the game
2. Re-downloaded the launcher
3. Launched

Got the same good old 95% error on a fresh client (!!!)

4. Control panel -> Programs and Features
5. Manually uninstalled visual c redistributable 2015-2019 x86
5.5 Uninstalled visual c redistributable 2017 (which was x64 probably)
6. Manually launched installing both visual c x86 and x64 redistrubutables from "redist" folder
7. x86 started to install almost immediately
8. x64 started to install after a considerable amount of time

I think this is where launcher fails an update as it treats x64 installation thread as hanging, terminates it and displays an update error

9. Went past 95% (!!!)
10. Now re-downloading planet data all over again

Hope that helps.

P.S. Was able to finally launch the game

You are the man

You are the man

lol, one of those steps was the operative step. Don't do them all. Just run a repair on vcredist all packages above 2013 you have installed.

Temporary switching off the Norton 360 auto protect solved for me the 95% Failed to update error today.

Just run a repair on vcredist all packages above 2013 you have installed.

Correct. Just manually launch (right click: install) both visual c x86 and x64 redistrubutables from "redist" folder (probably under C: Program Files x86 : Entropia Universe : redist). Then launch the Client Loader. It'll start downloading planet content. Enjoy your game. : )

Last edited:
Same 95% error when updating. Closed client loader, retried updating, worked fine.

Had the stuck at 95% too, but I didn't wait for the error to pop up and just closed the launcher (X).

After that, went into the windows task manager, end tasked the entropia universe updater and relaunched the launcher.

It then proceeded as per normal and everything went smoothly.

Win10, 64-bit

and

Quote Originally Posted by fred5283 View Post

Yo! I had the error too!

Butttt

Now I don't!

Find this folder --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe\redist

Delete the contents only (not the folder) - I had 4 files in there

Update again --> installation successful!!

Win7, 64-bit

It was a combination of both that worked for me. had to delete the 2 files per what fred said. then had to close client loader using task manager to close completely then relaunched and it went through immediately.

I've done the complete reinstall and the client loader now keeps crashing (not responding) after apparently completing the update. Then the last time I got this message.

"The program can't start because fmodex64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix this problem."

Anyone got any ideas or shall I just delete and start again?

Thank-You MA for this release.. the long awaited chat bug fix and new mission system have revived my enjoyment quite a bit :)

After the 4th or 5th attempt to install the patch, it took.

Mine finally worked but having reinstalled from scratch had to download the planetary data and then restart to download the next planet, finally got there but what happens next update?

I had the same problem on my laptop.

All i had to do was run loader as admin then it installed allright.

Back