Thread: Codex concerns

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are people that for any problem they find a solution, and others, for any solution they find a problem. They can only be unhappy and rage over whatever gives them a glimpse of motivation. For a moment, you get to blame the world for something and that way, you get to feel better about yourself.

There are reasons for why things are the way they are. A way to move forward is to enjoy things as they are and make the best of it. Complaining about everything won't do any good anyway, because the only reasonable thing for anyone is to ignore it.

It is one to give constructive suggestions or criticism, another to cry and want the universe to just be different.
    I agree, but you left out one thing "If you don't like the game now then don't play"
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    I agree, but you left out one thing "If you don't like the game now then don't play"
    Why would I say that? I'm not your father. If you enjoy pain, go for pain. Anyone can do anything. When they require everything else to change, or else... at that point I would just say... Chill.
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    I guess pain is in the eye of the beholder because I consider the game much better after the new version 16 up date. Oh by the way I guarantee you are not my father unless you are over the age 87, I could be yours though.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
    Images
    A friendly stranger who is not on PCF asked me to post the following arguments here and I can't see any harm.

1 : "the" repeatable mission 26 (so the 2nd time you do it) is costing 25% more, +25% more after and after and after.... meaning the reward is decreasing each time when the cost is increasing each time.

2 : The attributes issue : mindark (whoever is their CEO) do not care anymore of attributes since they bring nothing. Only agility was bringing speed, but even with my 127 agility i run like a fucking snail and find fruits. BUY Rings or toys is what they want. And strength attribute only bring such shitty interest that noone cares.

3 : You can show that mindark released stamina and attributes gains after the VU 7.4 new skill system as players were thinking to quit the game as getting attributes naturally was then impossible.
    Give a man a PED and he plays for a day. Teach a man to deposit and he pays your loot for a lifetime! -- Uber proverb
    Common sense died and never showed up at the revive terminal.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And Araneatrox.
    Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    1 : "the" repeatable mission 26 (so the 2nd time you do it) is costing 25% more, +25% more after and after and after.... meaning the reward is decreasing each time when the cost is increasing each time.

2 : The attributes issue : mindark (whoever is their CEO) do not care anymore of attributes since they bring nothing. Only agility was bringing speed, but even with my 127 agility i run like a fucking snail and find fruits. BUY Rings or toys is what they want. And strength attribute only bring such shitty interest that noone cares.

3 : You can show that mindark released stamina and attributes gains after the VU 7.4 new skill system as players were thinking to quit the game as getting attributes naturally was then impossible.

I think these points pretty well sum up why I hunt the way I do, that is just for the fun of the game play. Back in the day when I hunted the bigger mobs I did the missions for them but did not start hunting a new one just for the mission. I had my fav mobs and those were the missions I did, however if I got tired of the mob or loot was getting bad I would quit the mob without any concern about mission. To me it was just a gift because I was doing it (hunting a mob) anyway.

I believe that everything MA does is to earn more money not because they like us . But I find no fault in that because its business. But that does not mean that we don't have fun because I sure do and if I get a little extra for something that I am doing anyway that's all the better.

MA's goal is to make the most money from the game by innovations that makes a player want to play more,IMO and my goal is to have the most fun for the least amount of costs but I finely figured out that the more money I made the more it cost me to play. That sounds strange but in 2014 or 15 I did the LT Event for the entire time (6-10 hours a day) and I had 4 HOFs and just over 1000 globals (you can check tracker) and I still had to depo 200 USD to finish the event.

Anyway my advice is to play for the fun of the game and forget the idea you can make a living here.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images

problem solved

I think most complaints can easily be solved by extending the existance of the old missions for lets say... untill the end of 2022? Or at perhaps at least nly the non-repeatable ones. Then everyone has a chance to get some of those attributes.

Of course, repeatable iron missions should NOT have given attributes.

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    I think most complaints can easily be solved by extending the existance of the old missions for lets say... untill the end of 2022? Or at perhaps at least nly the non-repeatable ones. Then everyone has a chance to get some of those attributes.

Of course, repeatable iron missions should NOT have given attributes.
    The problem still exist that the codex is terribly designed. Old mission systems and other planet missions are superior in reward and fitting to an adventure in an MMO.

They need to design some unique rewards on these codex and give each mob a uniqueness to them. This system has had no thought put into it. Its boring and sad.

Also the best reward in game is attributes. It was a great final achievement. It was why many of us picked certain missions and there isn't a point to grind 25 stages of codex.

Then the reapeatable mission should be easier and the same every time not harder. Who even designed this backwards system without any thought?

A lot of work needs to be done to fix codex and hope it doesn't come to other planets ruining the missioins and adventure of the game. An MMO should be about exploring and finding some hidden missions and completing some chains.

The system is very disappointing from a game dev standpoint. I just hope they will decide to fix if they can. Or just leave it off other planets.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,901 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

If one should look at it with a positive attitude, MA mentioned the Codex is just basic
    atm and it will be further developed, maybe we will get missions with attribute rewards
    in the future.
    If one look at it with a historic view of MAs all promisses they have given, their odd policy
    concerning further development of excisiting features, its easy to get very very sceptic.
    On the other hand, we can't blame todays managment and staff for mistakes they made
    10-15yrs ago, so hopefully we'll see some positive new features in the Codex.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    If one should look at it with a positive attitude, MA mentioned the Codex is just basic
    atm and it will be further developed, maybe we will get missions with attribute rewards
    in the future.
    If one look at it with a historic view of MAs all promisses they have given, their odd policy
    concerning further development of excisiting features, its easy to get very very sceptic.
    On the other hand, we can't blame todays managment and staff for mistakes they made
    10-15yrs ago, so hopefully we'll see some positive new features in the Codex.

erhhhhh...how long did it take to have taming back in the game ?
    Even though " it was just around the corner " ?
    Their cash restrains right now are greater than 10 years ago, so an half hearted attempt to fix something does not really help. The way it was presented showed it was not ready and defiately not in the planned timeline.
    Not well thought through, planned and defiantely not even really scheduled.
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 12.09.2019
    Globals Hunting: 2577 Mining: 0049 Crafting: 0582
    HoFs Hunting: 0069 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0022
    Ubers Hunting: 0012 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006

Always know where your towel is !!!

Quote Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
    erhhhhh...how long did it take to have taming back in the game ?
    Even though " it was just around the corner " ?
    Their cash restrains right now are greater than 10 years ago, so an half hearted attempt to fix something does not really help. The way it was presented showed it was not ready and defiately not in the planned timeline.
    Not well thought through, planned and defiantely not even really scheduled.
    The Codex should solve the problems old system had when it comes to performance issues.
    The annoying part is that the solution gave us missions with rewards that are a bit too
    generic, but as some have already mentioned, we do get this for free.

The negative impact for MA, as it is today, is that a lot of grinding will slow down when
    there are no more attributes in rewards. This might be fixed with new missions in the
    future, who knows?
    I hope they introduce daily missions that reward with one attribute token per day, and per
    type of attribute, so five missions.

I do hope they will be able to develop features a bit more before they release them.
    There is an exponential curve when it comes to time vs amount of code when features
    are developed, at a certain point alot of time will be spent for almost no gain in actions,
    so it is right to balance this but not so features are released before they are "good enough".

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast