Codex concerns

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
It seems most people are generally happy with the new system. I have some concerns though and am not so hopeful.

I have a really hard time understanding where MA is coming from on this, I am certain the new management really has no comprehensive knowledge or play time in this game, and the people they rely on for suggestions, use bots.

Missions are a core part of the Entropia Experience, and so far missions have had a massive variety in what they offer the player. The variety has forced me to branch out and seek mobs, and importantly Land Areas I would never have considered otherwise. (which other customers have invested largely in mobs based on specific mob mission rewards, another major concern...those investors will vacate in short order with their money if the investment goes to shit)

As it stands, In the end people will be hunting 3-4 mobs only for the best cost on the repeatable, since skills are all the same, it would only matter which is cheapest.

This new system is lazy and bland, and offers no excitement to me the player. MA is lazy, the coding is lazy and I despise it as a customer to get such a downgrade in the mission system overall without any feedback from the people who actually play the game. Sure you might ask messi what he thinks but you are incredibly stupid to think that is an actual representative of the player base, in many cases its questionable he is even playing, only a fool would ignore the evidence that a single human being cannot possibly play that many hours in a week, let alone a year without major health problems or circumventing your own system. Also kind of interesting that messi was able to complete most of these repeatable attribute missions many many times, while 90% of the game has no idea they exist. You will end up forever locking the rest of the game from ever catching him, but perhaps that is ultimately the idea anyhow, lock in the players you want at the top.

My concerns dip into the other planets and plans from MA to change those rewards and progress. We have not seen any attributes so far. Does this mean that new players get the joy of realizing they will never ever have a chance to get caught up with stats one day? What possible motivation do they have to invest if they will forever be low stat/low skill gain players? Does this mean that specific repeatable missions which took a very long time to achieve will now disappear in favor of the same reward choices a new player has?

I have very little faith that MA is considering everything properly. I also have a high concern that these changes will drastically and negatively affect the game and its future.

I would have left long ago if not for the mission system that was in place. That is the way I climbed past most of the player base in a few short years, and all without a bot. Without that ability to overcome the rest with time and dedication, this game is pointless and has no future.

So, I am one of the people who is highly skeptical and quite concerned about the future of the game with this lazy codex in place of the very well thought out and balanced reward system we had. Same rewards is shitty, and lazy, no attributes is a concern for all. Hope they offer more improvements, but I am far from impressed, and quite upset they have to mess with it at all in all honesty. I feel bad for new players who will have a harder time getting the important attributes, and also for the land owners who invested in mobs with certain rewards, only to get 1 of 130 options for the same reward.

The ideas MA has coming out are neat in concept, but hurting the game. You guys are and have been wasting valuable time remodeling the look and feel of the game while focusing very little on the structure and mechanics of the game. Codex is a good example, you probably spend 1/10th the development time on the critical mission system than you did on the pointless camera system. These changes to look and feel are alienating more players than you seem to think it will attract.

I share OPs concerns. I love the new Codex interface, and not having to find mission brokers - big improvement. But the release was - surprise - premature. My main concerns:

1. If the Codex isn't improved on rapidly, a lot of players will not bother to play the game anymore I think. The game has always been a grind fest, but at least we had to change mob + planet/area to get different rewards, planning our gear a bit etc. Now, as OP says, the rational thing will be to stick to a few mobs that give good loot and skills. Requires no brain work at all. Gets boring pretty soon, after the excitement about those 5 extra HP the first week has gone.

2. Flooding the market with skills. Have they considered this at all? Skill gain/influx must be 10x of what it was before. MU will plummet on hunting skills to ~ESI MU within a year (no big deal for many of us perhaps, but takes away the margins). No more hard work to gain tons of skills. The next big VU update will be a button that says "Level up to L105 hit/dmg)" so everyone can run around cycling 1500 ped/hour. or what:smoke:

3. LA owners got partly shafted - why bother to hunt atrox, scipu etc. for dodge/evade when any mob gives plenty of it? TLA owners need to change mob types to survive - I imagine it's costly. (but I haven't seen any complaints yet, so I dunno?)

I am really hoping MA read these posts and start to make updates, i.e. adding variety to the missions before it's too late.

As it stands, In the end people will be hunting 3-4 mobs only for the best cost on the repeatable, since skills are all the same, it would only matter which is cheapest.

If this happens the loot from the other mobs will go up in mark-up due to scarcity which will make players hunt them, it is economic theory and MA knows it very well...after all they are for 17 years in the business and counting.

Also kind of interesting that messi was able to complete most of these repeatable attribute missions many many times, while 90% of the game has no idea they exist.

Those were shut down a while back, soon after Messi hit 200 agility. Now I recently discovered you can't even get to stage 5 (that was repeatable), it doesn't exist anymore. 4 stages and done. There were players who chased attribute gains, MA should add them back in somehow, and also make them do more. Last I checked there was no increase in run speed after 100 agility which is unfair for those who grinded tons of missions (not just one over and over).

those who hunt a mobs for the skill reward give those who hunt for markup a better edge (mu%)

agree codex not good for LA owners with rare skill gain chips for missions....but on the other hand the other 95% of LA owners me included might see some action and actually see some returns for their $10k-$20k US investments

those who hunt a mobs for the skill reward give those who hunt for markup a better edge (mu%)

That is just the thing - since you will get the skill reward regardless of mob, there's no reason not to hunt for MU anymore.

On the other hand, it's a null sum game, so if some mobs are hunted more, some must be hunted less and therefore MU will shift.

Not detracting from your concerns - and I do hope MA pays attention to them - but you are assuming everyone cares about chasing skill gains, which is certainly false.

Can you clarify the "cheapest" consideration? All skill rewards are based on turnover, so I honestly don't understand how can it be "cheap" or "expensive".

On some of the points, I hold opinions exactly opposite.

1. Skill inflation

It didn't started now, it started in SGA, 10 years ago, with 3 months with 100% (or what it was) skillgain bonus.

Then it was increased with the very missions you seem to have appreciated (and I despised for this very reason).
Then it was increased with introduction of skill pills.
Then it was increased with introduction of random skillgain bonuses.

If you talk about skill inflation you are very very very extremely late to the party.

Skillgain inflation transformed Entropia from a competition to survive to a grindfest of sheeps who throw their money to vanity points. Which then very fast open abhoring turnover levels. With stupid-hp size mobs, with stupid regen. To which you, as an individual player, are forced, because that's where MA hid decent MU opportunities. Since two years, you are also forced with the efficiency cage, which is a torture as %roi on low mobs and a torture as absolute value costs on high mobs. Pleasure everywhere, plenty of choices :wank:

In theory, this inflation helps them to lower their rake %, in fact what it does is that it pushes random joe to hunt way above his wallet because his "skill level" only has monstruos guns which can chew up easily 1-2-3-400$ per evening and monstruous mobs which quickly escalate to 1-1,5$ per attempt.

While it would have been great to have alternatives, MA quashed them, both on their own intent and tools and using the aforementioned sheeps. Any available MU on lower mobs is destroyed by players desperate to shoot again whatever maximum dps they can reach.

2. Excitement

I don't see anything exciting in shooting atrox. It was a fantastic mob. Atrox young had, iirc, 400ish hp. The hitrate of mobs was comparable (higher, even) to that of Cyrene mobs nowadays. Mobs were always hitting for maximum damage, before the introduction of "critical hit" (which is kind of a scam in Entropia). Decay on armour was costing an arm and a leg. With agility growing, you could measure your progression with outrunning merps and atroxes. It was an achievement and progression was *there*, visible, palpable, with genuine direct effect. As such, hunting atrox dominants and higher really was something and really opened opportunities to profit. You could genuinely brag with your evader level, because everyone could measure it at the repair terminal. Now it's only a number. It's hard to evocate what atrox meant, with that thumping sound of their steps and the suffocating hits. Now it's.. lol... a sponge whose only threat it that it costs alot per kill.

MA slowly quashed all this in their quest to make Entropia a game for idiots. Armour up as much as you can, don't care about skill effect itself, just about the number and possibility to use this and this gun and throw your wallet in the screen with no meaning of evolution.

In this bland and boring context, Codex introduction is actually an improvement. It spares me and others with tastes alike the effort of shooting those absurdly high hp and high regen stupidities atrox and ambu have become. At least I have the liberty of choosing my mobs, whereas before we were all caged and herded toward certain high gambling mobs, at the cost of falling behind (which I did). I simply refused to do iron missions for skills themselves, it is a system I despise. I "managed" to complete a whooping, what, 4 of them. At the cost of falling out of the tier of players who can loot, for example, esi's.

But within this stupid system within which I have no actual freedom of choice, the bad Codex alternative is alot better than the big-brother-ish system, sometimes even punitive, the iron missions were. You were struggling to get to, say, stage 4 for some random skill you wanted, but you were forced in the process to pick who knows what stupidity like vechicle repair at stage 3 because yay reasons.

Again, if excitement is what you miss, being nostalgic about iron missions is lolable. In terms of excitement, them were as interesting as diluted coffee without coffeine.

Where I do agree, is two points: what they will do with attributes (hopefully will somehow improve) and how Codex will synergize with the genuinely exciting chain missions from Arkadia, Cyrene and Monria.

God, it's been a long time since I ranted.

Last edited:
Theres two sides to that coin. Yes there is a possibility in the short term more people may hunt fewer higher profit mobs but what happens to the loots form the other mobs that aren't being hunted? Also while your venturing out to seek that mob on that LA youd never normally go to isn't the previous LA u were on now suffering because of it?

I think it will all balance out in the end and people "hunters" can now enjoy theyre hunting experience hunting what they love at a minimum.

It would be nice if the rewards were tailored a bit tho to the mobs in question aka space mobs shud have spacey rewards IMO.

To add to my previous comment about space rewards.. There is absolutely 0 use for lets say rifle or pistol skill reward in space...

Yes they are HP raising skill but that means nothing in space.. You have your ship and your ship guns. Id suggest replacing some of the impossible to use in space skill rewards with something like pilot or gunner or repair or all of the above.

Some have always hunted for skills, others for MU, a few just hunt what they fancy at the time (for fun). We are all different in the balance of our reasons for hunting, in the size of our ped cards, our existing skills, the damage we are able to deliver. There is no right or wrong way, only our own individual way.

But..

I would be very surprised if any of us enjoy boredom. Anything that repeats often, will quickly lose it's novelty and become boring to the point of being a chore to be endured, rather than a challenge (completion of long missions).
We will with this new system (codex) lose our sense of personal achievement, our bragging rights (Hey I just finished the 20k thingymob) or the teasing of friends from being a newb for only being on Iron not bronze or Silver. It seems that the codex is yet another feature that has lowered game complexity in the name of making it better for newbs, and to increase player retention.
I'm sorry MA but the people you need to retain are your high rollers, your mid-level regular grinders as that is where the ped are. Personally I have quit many games over the years because of unmitigated repetition. Please MA make this more interesting, give us things to make us feel we have done well and feel proud of our success, make us want to strive and most importantly make us want to stay for many years more.

Perhaps use say completion of a repeatable 'X Times' as a means of giving us a different reward, or an unlock to something else.

This is a game, it is supposed to be fun :duh:

Missions are a core part of the Entropia Experience,
the game existed a long time before missions did... so it may be a core part now but was not always, and may not be at some future time?

If it doesn't matter what one hunts skillwise than MU matters more. This is how it should be in a RCE.
Skills are not that valuable anymore but why should they be?

Some have always hunted for skills, others for MU, a few just hunt what they fancy at the time (for fun). We are all different in the balance of our reasons for hunting, in the size of our ped cards, our existing skills, the damage we are able to deliver. There is no right or wrong way, only our own individual way.

But..

I would be very surprised if any of us enjoy boredom. Anything that repeats often, will quickly lose it's novelty and become boring to the point of being a chore to be endured, rather than a challenge (completion of long missions).
We will with this new system (codex) lose our sense of personal achievement, our bragging rights (Hey I just finished the 20k thingymob) or the teasing of friends from being a newb for only being on Iron not bronze or Silver. It seems that the codex is yet another feature that has lowered game complexity in the name of making it better for newbs, and to increase player retention.
I'm sorry MA but the people you need to retain are your high rollers, your mid-level regular grinders as that is where the ped are. Personally I have quit many games over the years because of unmitigated repetition. Please MA make this more interesting, give us things to make us feel we have done well and feel proud of our success, make us want to strive and most importantly make us want to stay for many years more.

Perhaps use say completion of a repeatable 'X Times' as a means of giving us a different reward, or an unlock to something else.

This is a game, it is supposed to be fun :duh:

Exactly this. I've already had the same opinion as you the moment I saw the codex

130 x 26 missions. All are "Kill X amount of mobs". If this is other MMOs like GW2 or WoW, you can imagine the outrage from the players. I fear this only serves to alleviate boredom from waiting in-between VUs for a short time. Some of the hunters will get bored quickly, realizing that the grind is endless.

I don't even think it will keep player retention high. For a short time, yes, but not for long.

What happened to meaningful and story-rich mission chains?

You mean spelling error riddled mission chains? They went the way of the Orb, Egg, umbra's, thori temple,...

Some games have voice acting NPC's, cut scenes and books full of background story.
Entropia has loot. Everyone knows that PE died with cryengine and with Marco and the last of original staff leaving.

If you want good storylines, there are some good games out there; but there is only one RCE and that is what EU is about. Whether one likes it or not. You can whine like a McCormick about the old times but they aint not coming back.

Is there room for a pure scifi type of RCE without aberrations like rocktropia? Maybe. Thing is a couple ambitious project started in the past and none made it so far.
Maybe there is only room for one RCE.

Exactly this. I've already had the same opinion as you the moment I saw the codex

130 x 26 missions. All are "Kill X amount of mobs". If this is other MMOs like GW2 or WoW, you can imagine the outrage from the players. I fear this only serves to alleviate boredom from waiting in-between VUs for a short time. Some of the hunters will get bored quickly, realizing that the grind is endless.

I don't even think it will keep player retention high. For a short time, yes, but not for long.

Id have to agree with you and granny. I cant stand the solo grind so I never really bothered much with it. For those that have done the 5k aurli or other ridiculous missions I can see kewl factor for having completed it and in my experience that matters a lot to the person that's done it. To take that away is taking away theyre retention big time.

But.. Ma also stated they plan to expand on the codex further so it may be just to replace the iron missions themselves but they have more exciting things planned as well.

The Iron missions have always been a mess. The Codex, and the way it calculates progress, is a huge improvement. I want skills to progress towards my goals, so I'm no longer forced to take unwanted or unneeded skills. No more stuck being finished with a mob I like, but feeling like I should stop hunting it. No more kill-count grinds where I feel stupid hunting higher maturities.

Now I get the skill gain bonus for any mob I want to hunt, and gain skills that support my goals. This system allows all players to hunt freely, track progress, and earn skill rewards without artificial constraints. And for the achievers (I am a bit of one) there are all those new levels to complete.

Since the Codex is new, and additional developments are expected, it seems like a logical start. Since the old mission system is not going away - it will now serve story-line mission without so much clutter - I suspect the missions we have completed will remain in our completed mission logs. We just cant start any new ones.

Peace, Miles.

Last edited:
agree codex not good for LA owners with rare skill gain chips for missions....but on the other hand the other 95% of LA owners me included might see some action and actually see some returns for their $10k-$20k US investments

MA has made it very clear they don't give a rip about LA owners. They don't see LA owners as partners in promoting their product, but rather as customers who have already paid a one time fee. MA isn't interested in helping LA owners be successful, but rather promoting their next deposit.

Id have to agree with you and granny. I cant stand the solo grind so I never really bothered much with it. For those that have done the 5k aurli or other ridiculous missions I can see kewl factor for having completed it and in my experience that matters a lot to the person that's done it. To take that away is taking away theyre retention big time.

But.. Ma also stated they plan to expand on the codex further so it may be just to replace the iron missions themselves but they have more exciting things planned as well.

I am a solo player all the time, I do not enjoy team hunts.
And yes, I finished a few 10k Irons and a silver and a gold. Not for bragging rights, but for the archievement in my mission log.
And I expected way more of the "codex", some more information about the creature, some buffs as you go higher up the ranks....but being right now at rank 16 in Ambus, I must say it is bland. Even the trouble of going to the mission giver and have a talk with him and having a medicore chat was better.
When They said, we wer able to finish out Iron missions till summer next year, I supposed it would mean the the whole chain and not just the lag you are on. Only thing I am happy about is that I got my Wurmsteiger cup before the chang and I must admit, that some mobs I havent't done in some time are interesting again.
...still...I do not know who decides those things at MA but the communication is really bad and the way it was presented during the SUMMER was even worse.
EU is no place for drastic changes, pisses off too many paying players and does not bring in fresh blood.
I mean, I had a few disciples, but as soon as I told them that it would cost them a few K USD to get to level 50 they quit.Most do not have the patience to trade, they want to pew pew.

So..all in all....the updates this year do not please me. The codex takes away the last "kind of stories" EU had to offer, I could only play with the view of sourroundings I like if I played at 4k (you do not want to see waht the inventory looks at that resolution) and ironically....my choice of "what the hell, deposit 2k PEDS via Paypal" has been taken away...
Not gonna quit, but I think I must re-adjust myself to something cheaper and more pleasuring for my free time.

3. LA owners got partly shafted - why bother to hunt atrox, scipu etc. for dodge/evade when any mob gives plenty of it? TLA owners need to change mob types to survive - I imagine it's costly. (but I haven't seen any complaints yet, so I dunno?)

Landareas with exotic mobs, like mourner, equus, , phasm, mushrooms will benefit from the new system + it makes sense to max the maturity now. A big win for those landarea holders+ the players.

From a society point of view it's great as well, large teamhunts on random mobs are cool now, you get points for anything now, and it's also shared among the team. Let the old times of great fun roll (after I finish all my old irons)

I have finished a lot of mission chains on caly and since finished have not hunted them mobs again ...it is refreshing to hunt these mobs again for the 1st time in what 5yrs or more?....bet some LA owners happy bout that.

Finished chains include spiders falx feff LT 5+ times levi mulman plongu prot rex scip sumina and about the same amount of other mobs almost finished....the new codex opens up a whole lotta fun for me :)

I don't think Im alone in saying I would like to see every mob that is on a player owned LA removed from MA free to hunt areas

MA should be less greedy and let their biggest investors have some fair play ….its just so wrong of MA to sabotage people who spend 10s of thousands US dollars forcing LAs prices and income down ...I don't think I need to give examples coz us the players know already wat MA have done and continue to do.

How about for every free MA mob they delete replace that mob with a brand new free mob until DNA is discovered and so on ...its a win for all not just MA then

MA want peeps to deposit and I don't think there is a better way to get investors involved with large sums on cash

Im posting here but also gonna start a new thread with this I think

Last edited:
How about for every free MA mob they delete replace that mob with a brand new free mob until DNA is discovered and so on ...its a win for all not just NA then

well, uh...

Honestly though, I get what you are saying... What they should do is DO AWAY with every non-player owned portion of every planet, or expand borders of all LAS so that the existing LAs take up 100% of the planet, not just little squares.... but resolve all the old court cases, etc. that may be still lingering first...

and uh, maybe release every dang deed estate brokers hold on every planet once and for all... tired of seeing the ghost towns that estate brokers still hold deeds on for half or 3/4 of everything...

Along similar lines should remove all non stackable stuff from loot pool of hunting or mining and make it all crafted to increase demand for crafting...

should along the way also increase usefulness of pets and crafted stuff... give ability to craft buffs in to items, upgrade stuff via crafting, etc.

And while we are at it put in a new continent with old school Landgrabs, etc.

As for codex... well, what about doing something interesting... like perhaps a multi-story driven type mission, etc. For example, you get to top of each repeat mission and you get some item for each time you go through it, and it's a unique item for each mission... so each mob is a different item, etc. You can then use said item to do something similar to the galactica mission or maybe it lets you jump in to that at higher levels than doing it the traditional way, but you'd hvae to turn in x, y, z mission complete jewel or whatever... the enigma thing and cyrene maze are interesting for the first 3 times you do it then it gets old fast... something complex like that that was constantly being updated and created on the fly every quarter would make things interesting... more stuff like old school Marika things to make the community work together in ways, and think about things, etc.

The system that Rocktropia used to do the clock tower christmas gift missions, and povr stuff is something that would be interesting to do on every planet in some way... sort of a way to combine mystery of the loot box idea with something else that can be kind of fun...

Last edited:
my message will be short..

as a mission gridner i like completing missions and i really hate repeatable ones (that's the reason i left ark i never returned in the last many years)

also i mentioned to my friends, that after i'll complete the remaining old missions i have, i'll probably stop hunting and i'll stay as only miner/crafter since i don't see any reason to keep hunting if i don't have a goal/motivation since the missions never ends..

the game is not only pvp and not all ppl care about how to become higher skilled players fast, some ppl also like to just completing missions too

here's my thread with all the final stage missions i have complete and i'll be sad that i couldn't improve this list in the future..

Codex is a great addition to the game. It will inflate skills and now anyone can reach the highest skill levels relatively fast and cheap.
This is a good thing for the game and bad for myself, because I have a ton of skills that are worth nothing at this point.

The fact that the codex is implemented could result in problems down the road, but those can be solved. Is obvious that there will be people who will reach huge skill levels. Level 300 or even 400 will become in reach for some players. This begs for items suited for those skill levels. WE need items for level 120, 130, 140... 200 ...250 and so on.

Codex is a great addition to the game. It will inflate skills and now anyone can reach the highest skill levels relatively fast and cheap.
This is a good thing for the game and bad for myself, because I have a ton of skills that are worth nothing at this point.

The fact that the codex is implemented could result in problems down the road, but those can be solved. Is obvious that there will be people who will reach huge skill levels. Level 300 or even 400 will become in reach for some players. This begs for items suited for those skill levels. WE need items for level 120, 130, 140... 200 ...250 and so on.

Define "fast and cheap" :D
I am not sure where those mission rewards come from and who pays for them...in the old system I had the feeling that the higher up I go, the worse my return rate got.
Normal skill gains AFAIK are based on 1% of decay spent, where are those bonus mission/codex payouts coming from ? A gift from MA ? Highly doubt it that they would miss out on the auction fees you would normaly spent to get those skills.
Best example for me were Atrox, Iron mission were mixeds bags of returns and with highly different hunting areas and maturities it was nothing I could put my finger on.
Silver and Gold were done on the same LA with same setup and almost same guns. From the average return I could have easily bought that skills on a chip without having the losses I had.
Not complaining, just stating that absolutely nothing is for free in EU.

as for more items....we need way more of them at Levels below 100, after level 60 it really is a pain to even get a suitable SiB Gun and not have to use it for the next 6 levels after maxing it. Who in his right mind would use a level 60 gun when hitting level 60 ? Tried it and it did not give me proportional way more skills than using a lvel 55, or get me to level 66 in "no-time". Below level 65 there were at least some inbetween (I think Pirons have a level 62 or so), but above it, nothing. Don't even know how many guns of the same make I burned from level 66 till 74, but variety is surely lacking

The codex missions give a lot of skill reward and are relatively cheap to finish. The TT loss these days is way lower than it used to be. I am not saying that it is free. I am saying that it is not as expensive to reach level 100 as it was back in the day.
The result of having the codex as it is, will have some implications for the new players. They won't appreciate those advantages, because they don't know any better, but there are advantages none the less.

One advantage is that you get the rewards and that makes you unlock skills a lot faster. You get to put skills in the unlocked ones and unlock all for less effort. It still takes a lot of time to reach level 100, but it will probably be 3-4 times less than it used to be.

The impact in the economy is that more people will have the opportunity to use items of high level. Note that having a high level does not mean that it is a good idea to use items for that level. But people will, because if you can do something stupid, is likely that you will.

Having a class of items every 5 levels is good enough. More diversity than that is detrimental to the game, because even as it is, there is no markup in the game anymore. The way to have markup is to have scarcity. If you are smart, you deal with that and take advantage of the way things are, instead of complaining that the things are that way.

Having items at levels above 100 is needed, especially if items of level 150-160 will be way better than the ones at lower levels. That will encourage people to skill up to those levels and even chip up to those levels. The result will be that skills will begin to have a market value again. I expect them to implement that, but not in the near future, because I do not see this as a priority for MA. They just want the game to be playable for as many people as possible, and that means that the lower the overall markup in the game, the better it is for most people who are incapable to take advantage of the fact that there is markup in game. Basically, having less markup, makes the game a little cheaper for idiots.

Another thing they could/should do is to add brackets in Mayhem for levels 110- 120 and above. Having people at level 100 competing against people at level 150 is not that fun.
They could have a bracket for every 25-30 levels... That would result in less people willing to give away skills for free, just for the ESI cost.

Define "fast and cheap" :D
I am not sure where those mission rewards come from and who pays for them..., just stating that absolutely nothing is for free in EU.

I suspect loot was adjusted just a tad to allow for the change. Just seems like getting from one global to next is a little harder now than before this system came in to place. I think they may have adjusted it so dropped the tt value of the reward from the average loot to flatten it out even more than Loot 2.0 did? If average used to be 90% now it's little less than it used to be... not a lot more, but just enough to notice if you grind for a long period of time. Over in the other thread someone figured out the algorithm and it's something like hp of mob/16 or something a little similar... for those tracking data very closely maybe they could do some math to see if that correlates to average loot return, etc.

Back