Codex concerns

There are people that for any problem they find a solution, and others, for any solution they find a problem. They can only be unhappy and rage over whatever gives them a glimpse of motivation. For a moment, you get to blame the world for something and that way, you get to feel better about yourself.

There are reasons for why things are the way they are. A way to move forward is to enjoy things as they are and make the best of it. Complaining about everything won't do any good anyway, because the only reasonable thing for anyone is to ignore it.

It is one to give constructive suggestions or criticism, another to cry and want the universe to just be different.

I agree, but you left out one thing "If you don't like the game now then don't play" ;)

I agree, but you left out one thing "If you don't like the game now then don't play" ;)

Why would I say that? I'm not your father. If you enjoy pain, go for pain. Anyone can do anything. When they require everything else to change, or else... at that point I would just say... Chill.

I guess pain is in the eye of the beholder because I consider the game much better after the new version 16 up date. Oh by the way I guarantee you are not my father unless you are over the age 87, I could be yours though.

A friendly stranger who is not on PCF asked me to post the following arguments here and I can't see any harm. :)

1 : "the" repeatable mission 26 (so the 2nd time you do it) is costing 25% more, +25% more after and after and after.... meaning the reward is decreasing each time when the cost is increasing each time.

2 : The attributes issue : mindark (whoever is their CEO) do not care anymore of attributes since they bring nothing. Only agility was bringing speed, but even with my 127 agility i run like a fucking snail and find fruits. BUY Rings or toys is what they want. And strength attribute only bring such shitty interest that noone cares.

3 : You can show that mindark released stamina and attributes gains after the VU 7.4 new skill system as players were thinking to quit the game as getting attributes naturally was then impossible.

1 : "the" repeatable mission 26 (so the 2nd time you do it) is costing 25% more, +25% more after and after and after.... meaning the reward is decreasing each time when the cost is increasing each time.

2 : The attributes issue : mindark (whoever is their CEO) do not care anymore of attributes since they bring nothing. Only agility was bringing speed, but even with my 127 agility i run like a fucking snail and find fruits. BUY Rings or toys is what they want. And strength attribute only bring such shitty interest that noone cares.

3 : You can show that mindark released stamina and attributes gains after the VU 7.4 new skill system as players were thinking to quit the game as getting attributes naturally was then impossible.

I think these points pretty well sum up why I hunt the way I do, that is just for the fun of the game play. Back in the day when I hunted the bigger mobs I did the missions for them but did not start hunting a new one just for the mission. I had my fav mobs and those were the missions I did, however if I got tired of the mob or loot was getting bad I would quit the mob without any concern about mission. To me it was just a gift because I was doing it (hunting a mob) anyway.

I believe that everything MA does is to earn more money not because they like us :). But I find no fault in that because its business. But that does not mean that we don't have fun because I sure do and if I get a little extra for something that I am doing anyway that's all the better.

MA's goal is to make the most money from the game by innovations that makes a player want to play more,IMO and my goal is to have the most fun for the least amount of costs but I finely figured out that the more money I made the more it cost me to play. That sounds strange but in 2014 or 15 I did the LT Event for the entire time (6-10 hours a day) and I had 4 HOFs and just over 1000 globals (you can check tracker) and I still had to depo 200 USD to finish the event.

Anyway my advice is to play for the fun of the game and forget the idea you can make a living here.

problem solved

I think most complaints can easily be solved by extending the existance of the old missions for lets say... untill the end of 2022? Or at perhaps at least nly the non-repeatable ones. Then everyone has a chance to get some of those attributes.

Of course, repeatable iron missions should NOT have given attributes.

I think most complaints can easily be solved by extending the existance of the old missions for lets say... untill the end of 2022? Or at perhaps at least nly the non-repeatable ones. Then everyone has a chance to get some of those attributes.

Of course, repeatable iron missions should NOT have given attributes.

The problem still exist that the codex is terribly designed. Old mission systems and other planet missions are superior in reward and fitting to an adventure in an MMO.

They need to design some unique rewards on these codex and give each mob a uniqueness to them. This system has had no thought put into it. Its boring and sad.

Also the best reward in game is attributes. It was a great final achievement. It was why many of us picked certain missions and there isn't a point to grind 25 stages of codex.

Then the reapeatable mission should be easier and the same every time not harder. Who even designed this backwards system without any thought?

A lot of work needs to be done to fix codex and hope it doesn't come to other planets ruining the missioins and adventure of the game. An MMO should be about exploring and finding some hidden missions and completing some chains.

The system is very disappointing from a game dev standpoint. I just hope they will decide to fix if they can. Or just leave it off other planets.

If one should look at it with a positive attitude, MA mentioned the Codex is just basic
atm and it will be further developed, maybe we will get missions with attribute rewards
in the future.
If one look at it with a historic view of MAs all promisses they have given, their odd policy
concerning further development of excisiting features, its easy to get very very sceptic.
On the other hand, we can't blame todays managment and staff for mistakes they made
10-15yrs ago, so hopefully we'll see some positive new features in the Codex.

If one should look at it with a positive attitude, MA mentioned the Codex is just basic
atm and it will be further developed, maybe we will get missions with attribute rewards
in the future.
If one look at it with a historic view of MAs all promisses they have given, their odd policy
concerning further development of excisiting features, its easy to get very very sceptic.
On the other hand, we can't blame todays managment and staff for mistakes they made
10-15yrs ago, so hopefully we'll see some positive new features in the Codex.

erhhhhh...how long did it take to have taming back in the game ?
Even though " it was just around the corner " ?
Their cash restrains right now are greater than 10 years ago, so an half hearted attempt to fix something does not really help. The way it was presented showed it was not ready and defiately not in the planned timeline.
Not well thought through, planned and defiantely not even really scheduled.

erhhhhh...how long did it take to have taming back in the game ?
Even though " it was just around the corner " ?
Their cash restrains right now are greater than 10 years ago, so an half hearted attempt to fix something does not really help. The way it was presented showed it was not ready and defiately not in the planned timeline.
Not well thought through, planned and defiantely not even really scheduled.

The Codex should solve the problems old system had when it comes to performance issues.
The annoying part is that the solution gave us missions with rewards that are a bit too
generic, but as some have already mentioned, we do get this for free.

The negative impact for MA, as it is today, is that a lot of grinding will slow down when
there are no more attributes in rewards. This might be fixed with new missions in the
future, who knows?
I hope they introduce daily missions that reward with one attribute token per day, and per
type of attribute, so five missions.

I do hope they will be able to develop features a bit more before they release them.
There is an exponential curve when it comes to time vs amount of code when features
are developed, at a certain point alot of time will be spent for almost no gain in actions,
so it is right to balance this but not so features are released before they are "good enough". ;)

I guess I never thought about this but is there any skills that say increases AGILITY. I see once in a great while that I have gained a little agility in the chat window, but very little when hunting. I think what I am seeing in this post is that the only way to get agility is hunting etc. or one of the other professions and none of the other things we are getting from codex is helping.
It that correct ? Hope that is clear:confused:

They could simply fix this by adding attributes rewards at level 40 or 50 or something stupid like that... Make some people happy...

I have a suggestion. Add a function to the codex that allows you to add your own waypoints that you discover to each mob, maybe with a maturity option so that we dont have to trawl through pages of sticky notes to find a mob. Make it amendable so that you can remove wp's that are no longer valid. this really would make the tool useful.

Oh, and as already mentioned previously, enable the size of the codex box to be changed (make it smaller) currently when you open it when you are hunting it hides the mob you re currently killing.

Other than that and despite other peoples opinions, I like the new system. I have a couple of points though.

1. What happens if people want to access the brood cave but don't have the Aurli 5000 mission ?
2. What happens when the old system is removed if player wants to gain access to mount Hephastos,
will this mission chain still be available
3. There are log mission chains on other planets such as Zorra HK on Cyrene. Once the codex is
implemented on other planets what will happen to these mission chains, will they still be available ?

Moondog

Last edited:
I have a suggestion. Add a function to the codex that allows you to add your own waypoints that you discover to each mob, maybe with a maturity option so that we dont have to trawl through pages of sticky notes to find a mob. Make it amendable so that you can remove wp's that are no longer valid. this really would make the tool useful.

Oh, and as already mentioned previously, enable the size of the codex box to be changed (make it smaller) currently when you open it when you are hunting it hides the mob you re currently killing.

Other than that and despite other peoples opinions, I like the new system. I have a couple of points though.

1. What happens if people want to access the brood cave but don't have the Aurli 5000 mission ?
2. What happens when the old system is removed if player wants to gain access to mount Hephastos,
3. There are log mission chains on other planets such as Zorra HK on Cyrene. Once the codex is
implemented on other planets what will happen to these mission chains, will they still be available ?

Moondog

They could do a "Save this spawn?" when you kill a mob from a new spawn controller.
Areas with several controllers could be united to one position.

Moondog[/QUOTE

I had to laugh (not at you really) when I read the above. You have been playing long enough that MA has never released that type of information. The usual response from support is "We are not allow to discuss game play" if I remember correctly. I don't think I have ever seen an enterprise company that would not give a customer (player in this instance) information that would help spend more money. It is kind of like the catalog (mail order) companies like the Sears- Roebuck company from long ago. A huge company in 50s and 60s and into the 70s. Anyway it would be like them saying "Oh yes we have many things to sell but we don't furnish a catalog of our items". BTW the catalog was about 2 inchs thick.

Moondog

1, they have added a different mission that will count the kills for unlocking the cave.

2, codex just replace "IRON" missions, all other missions remains the same as now.

3, same as 2nd answer, guess they will just change the hunting challenges, like IFN, IRON, etc to Codex, all other will still remain the same as in Caly.

1, they have added a different mission that will count the kills for unlocking the cave.

2, codex just replace "IRON" missions, all other missions remains the same as now.

3, same as 2nd answer, guess they will just change the hunting challenges, like IFN, IRON, etc to Codex, all other will still remain the same as in Caly.

Nope, they do not just replace the "Iron" mission but also bronze, silver and gold.
Strangely I was able to progress as Leviathan hunter, but maybe they really only castrated the missions that at the end of the chain give attribute rewards.

Nope, they do not just replace the "Iron" mission but also bronze, silver and gold.
Strangely I was able to progress as Leviathan hunter, but maybe they really only castrated the missions that at the end of the chain give attribute rewards.

Levi, Rext, and Traesk missions are not of the Iron/Bronze/Silver/Gold mission type, and seem not to have been capped as of now.

Strange

I finished lvl 9 and received a 10.98 implant. Now on lvl 10 the chip size went to 5.84 less than half the lvl 9 chip. Have I missed something here ? Is the amount random ??

I finished lvl 9 and received a 10.98 implant. Now on lvl 10 the chip size went to 5.84 less than half the lvl 9 chip. Have I missed something here ? Is the amount random ??

the list of skills certainly differs

Depending the point of view.
Mine is: Bronze, Silver and Gold is the stages of the Iron mission's, so what i said, is correct.

the list of skills certainly differs

I did not think you would get less skills when going to the higher level if no reason just that you must kill more mobs to complete the level, ofc that means more cost.

I did not think you would get less skills when going to the higher level if no reason just that you must kill more mobs to complete the level, ofc that means more cost.

Its the same as it was before codex, different skill's had different TT value reward for the same stage of IRON's too, like you get 3 x the TT of Aim than you select Dodge.
The next rank of your codex are just all higher valued skill's, so you get less TT than the trash skills from the previsious rank.

Its the same as it was before codex, different skill's had different TT value reward for the same stage of IRON's too, like you get 3 x the TT of Aim than you select Dodge.
The next rank of your codex are just all higher valued skill's, so you get less TT than the trash skills from the previsious rank.

Very true, I did forget about that.

Since the latest update I can no longer press the Claim Reward button when I complete a section.
Previously I could & then select the skill I wanted 2 apply the reward to.

Is this now done automatically? I have not noticed anything posted about this - is it a change or just MA picking on me?

Since the latest update I can no longer press the Claim Reward button when I complete a section.
Previously I could & then select the skill I wanted 2 apply the reward to.

Is this now done automatically? I have not noticed anything posted about this - is it a change or just MA picking on me?

They mentioned this in Known Issues: "Codex rewards cannot be claimed, but progress is not lost."

Thank you Joat

However this begs the question, what is the point of progressing - it does not seem that there is any benefit in doing so

Thank you Joat

However this begs the question, what is the point of progressing - it does not seem that there is any benefit in doing so

I would think that the issue would be resolved. I wonder how it was rendered useless in the first place as there WAS nothing wrong with its functionally.

I have noticed several issues but they are not play stoppers for me and I hesitate(have not reported them) to even mention them because of just this type of thing, MA breaking something that is a play stopper to fix something stupid that they have done.

.... I wonder how it was rendered useless in the first place as there WAS nothing wrong with its functionally.

This is MA's specialty!!

Breaking things that work perfectly by adding stuff we don't need.

...after getting up higher on the Codex chains and taking a close look at my return rates (or rather bank account)...
The higher you get up, the worse they are.
Sure, you will not really notice it on Ambulimax until you reach around level 20.
But finishing the full Bronce on Kreltins (which gets you to around level 22)...
Already had the fealing with the iron mission, that somehow I was paying for those skills, with the codex I am almost convinced that I am paying for them not just at TT value but with MU and ESI included.
Would make sense, because MA is surely not handing out something for free and they definately have to stabilize the skill market somehow.
And clever as they are, you can not simply drop the mission to get a normal return but are forced to pay for the "reward".

Back