Let's Help MindArk Improve PvP - Idea Thread

VandalHand

Guardian
Society
AO
VandalHand
Discussion Thread

Hello All,

I am very passionate about PvP in general, as I am sure a lot of people are, or were at some point. Or, perhaps you want to PvP but feel it's a waste of your time and money.

Right now, I feel it is a waste to an extent, with there being no miners to hunt in planet PvP zones, and only 2 societies competing in Land Grabs.

So, here's some ideas I have for improving the PvP activity and culture within the Entropia Universe..

• 1 - Create a Codex rank for killing Players and implement a new skill(s) for killing players as rewards.
  • 2 - Nerf Medi Stims to diminish healing while you are moving to balance offensive play while undergoing heals.
  • 3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.
  • 4 - Host Land Grabs on servers that are dedicated / not toasters or the equivalent of Raspberry Pi computing power.
  • 5 - More powerful guns for mid tier players to combat the huge HP given to god tier players. Perhaps higher level Gauss?
  • 6 - Make Adjusted, Improved, etc Divine Intervention chips, with Perfected being 100% chance to restore greater amounts of HP. This can be added to the existing Mission Galactica.

Topic 1 expanded:
The skills implemented within the Codex of player killing could effect the ability to hit avatars more (less dodges / jams). My other idea would be for an HP skill - but I think we already have enough HP skills we need to have balanced (see topic 2, 5).

Topic 3 expanded: The ores within PvP can have their own mining chain to also grant the new PvP / Pk skills, and can be used with crafting new armors for PvP, or guns such as have been suggested.

I think the rest of the topics are self explanatory. Please, I encourage all of you to assist me with supporting ideas you like, give new ideas, or perhaps critique some of mine.

Unless people who want PvP to survive stand up and say we want more for this aspect of the Entropia Universe, MindArk will never see the untapped potential, and it will remain a dying part of this game. I truly believe more people will begin PvP or participate with these changes, and thus grow the PvP community.

Respectfully,
- VH

Last edited:
All really great ideas Vandal. I think its odd that PK-68 or AL-29 are still some of the most lethal weapons in pvp at high tier, and have basically disappeared from the game, need something new to combat the hp people are getting to.

Another thing that could be changed is rockets in lootable pvp, for those that shoot the ground and go to 1hp so they do not lose their loot, bit silly in my opinion. If someone lands killing blow on you in lootable zones, they should be able to loot you.

Last edited:
I'm not a miner myself, but why should miners be forced to do pvp when they are interested in mining and not killing other players? Sounds like PvP'ers just want to shoot people while they are occupied trying to extract a claim. So they can get easy kills and easy loot.

If you want PvP to be great, you need to interest the ones who enjoy PvP and shooting each other, not the miners who are minding their own business.

3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.

Instead of new ores. Just make existing ores matts have a manufacturing property that is worth mining for

No interest of mining in pvp at all.

As for pyrite ... I do not care if in lootable only, there is enough other stuff to mine.

And there is still morpheus only in lootable so have fun :)

If pyrite is in non-lootable, I'll mine for it.

Here's why I think it won't work:

1. Full loot PvP is very niche. Add real money involvement on top of it. See how it goes
  2. No gameplay. Really. PvP in EU is just having the biggest gun, the biggest armor, and the skill to use them. All obtainable by money
  3. Codex rank for killing players will just enable players to create alt avatars and have the main avatar farm them for the skills
  4. There are tons of other MMORPGs out there that gives a whole fucking lot better pvp experience with a fucking lot less investment than EU
  5. MA won't bother with PvP since they can't afford the development or don't want to

Remove medistims.

if MA going to make all type of intervention chip

how about adj-imp-mod2350/2600(25-25-25shrooms)
can be more upgradedable following last two augment,perfect 2350/2600

byebye imp/mod fap

just sayin:laugh:

I'm not a miner myself, but why should miners be forced to do pvp when they are interested in mining and not killing other players? Sounds like PvP'ers just want to shoot people while they are occupied trying to extract a claim. So they can get easy kills and easy loot.

If you want PvP to be great, you need to interest the ones who enjoy PvP and shooting each other, not the miners who are minding their own business.

So I would think if a PK'er can only loot as much as he carries himselfe in lootable items it would bring more players into PvP as they know, if they kill the PK'er who want to loot the minerals he carries has also loot on himselve and also has to risks something to gain something.

Like all other professions, to gain something you have to risk something.

So I would think if a PK'er can only loot as much as he carries himselfe in lootable items it would bring more players into PvP as they know, if they kill the PK'er who want to loot the minerals he carries has also loot on himselve and also has to risks something to gain something.

I carry lots in pvp and stream my pos np
Come get me

I like the ideas VH, i think many recipes where to complicated and bigger amps have become more easy obtainable so they rotated alot of older guns out.

There are quite alot of high damage mid range guns out there. lc60 lower skill req and similar dps to laserfaust. not as retarded in the one shot potential though.

Keep in mind bigger mid level guns like pk68 will just mean i survive a hit while beeing able to one shot every mid level player with 100 burn prot guarenteed at 186hp up to 388 hp.

Basically ur whole society. While u can try the same and ill have 200 hp left ^^

Come get me

I like the ideas VH, i think many recipes where to complicated and bigger amps have become more easy obtainable so they rotated alot of older guns out.

There are quite alot of high damage mid range guns out there. lc60 lower skill req and similar dps to laserfaust. not as retarded in the one shot potential though.

Keep in mind bigger mid level guns like pk68 will just mean i survive a hit while beeing able to one shot every mid level player with 100 burn prot guarenteed at 186hp up to 388 hp.

Basically ur whole society. While u can try the same and ill have 200 hp left ^^

I look forward to the old days of joda living in pvp4 again

i think i read somewhere that the bigger the hp, the smaller the penis size. it's like the guys who drive overly large trucks to compensate for their micro dicks. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Come get me

i think i read somewhere that the bigger the hp, the smaller the penis size. it's like the guys who drive overly large trucks to compensate for their micro dicks. :eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

My hp has grown a lot over the past years, don't think my dick has gotten any smaller though...

[*]No gameplay. Really. PvP in EU is just having the biggest gun, the biggest armor, and the skill to use them. All obtainable by money
[*]There are tons of other MMORPGs out there that gives a whole fucking lot better pvp experience with a fucking lot less investment than EU
[/LIST]

This.. I don't understand why anyone would want to PvP in a game with zero mechanics. EU's combat system is like something designed by someone who just took a Udacity micro-course in game programming over the weekend. IMO they can just remove PvP altogether.

i think i read somewhere that the bigger the hp, the smaller the penis size.

Have you ever thought about the possibility of a person to have registered playing when he was 12 years and keep playing and achieve lets say 300 hp by the age of 20?
Now can you picture in your mind your statement and see how ridiculous it sounds.
Perhaps you should stop reading about dicks and try some critical thinking.

Come get me

Who exacly are you then? The real you with the bad english and lots of playing, or the 2nd one who were selling bot before quitting or the current rich in RL 3rd buyer who is an old player but not using his rl account? Don't jump on others shoulders thinking you have got any achievments by buying an avatar...

About the ideas. I think we could use what we have now of the pills and buffs with some tweaks.
I think we should move into more strategic teamplay pvp.

Here are few examples:

You got 100 HP. You take 1 pill of speed, you move extremely fast lets say on the cost of any extra % above 30% will make your standard HP reduced to say x%. THe higher speed you get up to 100% faster from the currently 30%, the less HP you gain. HP vs speed.

Other scenario. You have 100 HP, you take some HP pills and become a tank. You get 100 more HP but loose speed and become a "tank". Loosing some speed for the sake of HP.

I think this sounds really good as you can from that do some tactics. Speed or tank. Something in this regard.

Who exacly are you then? The real you with the bad english and lots of playing, or the 2nd one who were selling bot before quitting or the current rich in RL 3rd buyer who is an old player but not using his rl account? Don't jump on others shoulders thinking you have got any achievments by buying an avatar...

The real Yoda 1, a very nice guy, sold his ava many many many years ago to some 1 that hardly spoke english, let's call him yoda 2, and yoda 3 ... speaks very nice english again indeed :)

But then again, I do not want to meet any of the 3 in pvp :p

What you are actually saying its called toxic shot 5 ped each for every player who wants to explore lootable pvp areas.
What you are proposing is to extend the value of toxic shot infinitely.Instead of being responsible for your actions in pvp4 and be accountable for carrying resources or anything else you want others to be responsible or you want them to take risks and be over competent for something you can't be.
So instead of shaping others why can't we all agree that 5 ped entrance free is enough and everything else can be our own responsibility within the danger zone.
There are so many changes to be made within the lootable areas but Mindark as game developer is amateur, it has no vision and they don't even play their own game and its community is clearly not helping either because everything in this game starts with the individual not with a concept.

If I am not wrong you got corrected in another thread about the same issue but you seem not to understand or remember.

Pyrite, among other rares, were previously only available in lootable PvP as a means of attracting people to the lootable zones. Most avid PKers also mine for these resources.

Regarding "force", there is plenty to mine outside of PvP zones.

No interest of mining in pvp at all.

As for pyrite ... I do not care if in lootable only, there is enough other stuff to mine.

And there is still morpheus only in lootable so have fun :)

If pyrite is in non-lootable, I'll mine for it.

Well said, and from a dedicated miner.

Last edited:
1) I did not talk about the 5 ped the reason I thought the thread starter wanted to get more action in PvP or am I wrong?

What you are actually saying its called toxic shot 5 ped each for every player who wants to explore lootable pvp areas.
What you are proposing is to extend the value of toxic shot infinitely.Instead of being responsible for your actions in pvp4 and be accountable for carrying resources or anything else you want others to be responsible or you want them to take risks and be over competent for something you can't be.
So instead of shaping others why can't we all agree that 5 ped entrance free is enough and everything else can be our own responsibility within the danger zone.
There are so many changes to be made within the lootable areas but Mindark as game developer is amateur, it has no vision and they don't even play their own game and its community is clearly not helping either because everything in this game starts with the individual not with a concept.

If I am not wrong you got corrected in another thread about the same issue but you seem not to understand or remember.

2) About the other thread you mean the one with posts like this:

As long he isn´t forced to carry any lootables to be able to loot others, it is stealing in my honest opinion.
If both sides would take the same risk, then it wouldn´t be stealing.
As it is now, I see it as stealing nothing else!

Edit:
Make it fair, so any PKer or Pirate in space can only loot as much as he carry in lootable resources themselfs.

Then it was this Thread: "Now lets show some love for the pvp and fix all exploits"

You can reread it and I think the conclusion was that some want PvP to profit from others by killing them and get their loot while they themselve do not carry anything lootable while they doing it.

The reason some wants PvP to be like it is and that they do not want to carry Lootables while in PvP is because it is his way to profit in EU by looting players and not mobs.

People don't understand that it's in their best interest to play Versus other players.
They don't get it, and so they continue playing against MA, I wish them good luck whith that, but they'll loose at the end.
:broke:

:tiphat:

Regarding ideas for improving PvP, here's an idea...

Privately Hosted Land Grabs:

1. Allow LA owners to purchase a land grab fortress for a reasonable price (one time 10K PED or less, not f*cking ridiculous annal subscription fees).

2. Private fortress owners can then host land grabs with a variety of participation requirements and prize formats.

2.1: Participation requirements:
(1). Can add a ticket fee for entry to generate prize pots or ROIs.
(2). Can add soft HP caps, equipment restriction, and buff restrictions (no medistims? No problem)
(3). Can have teams either randomly assigned, balanced by HP, or assigned by roster (so my team can fight your team) regardless of society membership (so tukuta-potatas can team up with yippybootyhahas, etc)

2.2: Prize variation
(1). Accumulate ammo/decay, which is then divided by the winning team and distributed based on damage inflicted.
(2). Winning team wins the LA for a specified period of time (like with public LGs).
(3). Cash prizes

What's the benefit for the LA owner?
The LA owner can still collect the tax rate for ammo/decay, or charge a ticket admission fee, or have an option to profit-share with the winning team.

Last edited:
Have you ever thought about the possibility of a person to have registered playing when he was 12 years and keep playing and achieve lets say 300 hp by the age of 20?
Now can you picture in your mind your statement and see how ridiculous it sounds.
Perhaps you should stop reading about dicks and try some critical thinking.

:laugh:Ruffle:laugh:

I love how you're trying to justify your own existence while you fantasize about dicks. At least you haven't sold your avatar yet. You've got that going for you.

How much would you sell it for anyway? Asking for a friend...

:laugh:Ruffle:laugh:

I love how you're trying to justify your own existence while you fantasize about dicks. At least you haven't sold your avatar yet. You've got that going for you.

How much would you sell it for anyway? Asking for a friend...

I just attacked an idea instead you went for the person.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - I don't know if this dood had a big dick or a small one but makes a lot of sense when I read it.

Tell your friend my avatar is not yet for sale and also tell him he can't afford it even though I believe everything is for sale in this world.

I just attacked an idea instead you went for the person.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - I don't know if this dood had a big dick or a small one but makes a lot of sense when I read it.

Tell your friend my avatar is not yet for sale and also tell him he can't afford it even though I believe everything is for sale in this world.

Your intellect really impresses me. I can tell you were well educated.

About the ideas. I think we could use what we have now of the pills and buffs with some tweaks.
I think we should move into more strategic teamplay pvp.

Here are few examples:

You got 100 HP. You take 1 pill of speed, you move extremely fast lets say on the cost of any extra % above 30% will make your standard HP reduced to say x%. THe higher speed you get up to 100% faster from the currently 30%, the less HP you gain. HP vs speed.

Other scenario. You have 100 HP, you take some HP pills and become a tank. You get 100 more HP but loose speed and become a "tank". Loosing some speed for the sake of HP.

I think this sounds really good as you can from that do some tactics. Speed or tank. Something in this regard.

Whats with the obession, too much time on ur hands while ur bot runs?

Anyway, what a bitter place this has become when there is no more room for a conversation without instantly aiming for a person for reasons not even related to the conversation. U recon that does the game any good?
I dont dig the overly fanboys as the hardcore negative's. Whats the point to talk in the same place if everything has an angle and everyone just feels like they are protecting there intrests while its hurting the things they are trying to protect.
Its ridiculous that your blind spot has become so huge that there is no self awareness on it.

Anyway, ill skip this place and go back to lurking.

Peace

Anyway, what a bitter place this has become when there is no more room for a conversation without instantly aiming for a person for reasons not even related to the conversation. U recon that does the game any good?

I agree, this thread was made with the intention we could all voice opinions and ideas for improvement. If you have issues with each other, message in game or keep it between yourselves.

There are plenty of things you said with your intial post thay were not pertaining to ideas of PvP improvement either, Joda. Like calling out my society and bragging about streaming.

I suppose I have overestimated the potential of this thread.

Im mostly a Miner.

To point1 :
This would caus, that you get shoot as miner also in no lootable PVP, just about a dude will get kill points. What does this means to me?
I don't like PVP, so i would just avoid every pvp, also the no lootable. If so, then i can give up to play EU, about mining would be near impossible then. Or at least you get a lot more decay cost, or need to prodect for mining. This also caus a higher MU on ores, what maybe kill crafting then.

It is enought hard to mine just about all the creatures around, and creature free lands, mostly are also bad mining lands. (Not all ofc)

I think there are way better ideas for making PVP fun. Why miners should get more bad mining, just that some dude have more PVP fun? The miners life is enought hard :)

Back