Suggestion: New skills for higher profession standings

geanina

Guardian
Alex Udrica Geanina
Dear community,

I will be very direct in my intentions. The fact that the level 230 on hit and dmg hunting profession has been reached and still no new skill was unlocked, for me, it is a big disappointment. After reaching level 120, I was continuing to hope and I was imagining what level would be unlocked, but it seems that MA didn't do anything. Maybe they don't even intend to do anything about it, under the reason that there should not be a to big gap between players or maybe they think we are ok with it, or any other reason which I will not start debating in this thread.
The purpose of this thread is to make sure that MA knows very clear that we want to have new skills to be unlocked by hunting at high level. Due to the fact MA gives very big importance to the feedback linked to the recommendations made through Support Case, I have created a generic template that can be sent with copy and paste as a support case to MA, supporting the idea of implementing new skills, at least for the hunt profession.
These being said I invite those who agree with my perspective, to do a quick copy and paste, or to modify the template, even to create a support case. Also, I would like you to recommend it to your friends. I am sure that MA won't do anything, soon, and their answer will be a very diplomatic one, that will create more confusion, but that's OK...because that's what MA always did,...but, they eventually resolved our demands...and this takes time.
Please try to have proactive thinking, positive and constructive.

The template is:

Hello

This support case is sent as a petition template from the EU players to express the common vision on the system improvement of skills and their benefits.
First of all let us express our gratitude for this wonderful game, cause of its exclusivist way of being and of attracting us in its world, of its endless possibilities which can be explored.
To eliminate the possibility of confusion and, also, by no presenting the endless arguments, we will write to you whats bodering us.
The fact that the last unlocked skills are at level 70 hit and 80 damage, and now that are players which have achieved level 230 on hit and damage hunting profession and it hasn't been still unlocked a skill, which could really help ingame, we consider that being a lack of vision from you, regarding the game.
When the game was created, the vision seemed very clear, and players were excited to play, but nowadays, your expectations were exceeded and you were taken by surprise.
We know its very hard to understand that because ingame are only a few players, 5-6 players at most, who dared to get beyond level 200.
No one besides them knows what means to invest so much time and money to get to such level and not to unlock a skill, not even you. Just think about how much time and money you need to get from level 0 to level 100, when you unlock all the skills.Then imagine how much resources you need to invest to get from level 100 to level 200. You can very clearly see,that there's much more, and with all this, a player which is very dedicated and involved so much is not at all rewarded. They are being rewarded only medium players, who at the end, when they reach level 100, they quit because they realise that they have achieved about every-thing in game.
If this is what you had in mind, then it's perfect, because you made it. But if you want to have players that wish to hunt more, not just to stop skilling, and just to participate in events, or to start only doing trade, you need to motivate the playerswith high level to grow even higher, and so you will make see the medium and noob players that they have opportunities in gameand that not all ends at level 100. We recommend you to find a way to give us hope that there will be new skills which everyonewill want.
The main idea is: do something for the game regarding players higher then level 100 or 140...or you decide and, try to get more involved with the heart
by diminishing the commercial perspective.

Kind regards!

Last edited:
Ma dont want us to skill
they want us to sell(or give away) skills to stick cats for mayhem events :)

It would make sense to have some kind of advantage when getting to higher levels. I think MA started this by introducing guns that have requirement levels above lvl100. But they need to introduce more than just the handfull of guns they introduced sofar. Another step in the right direction was the level requirements in mayhem events. But again, they stopped at lvl 100 while they should make steps for the higher levels too.

It would make sense to have some kind of advantage when getting to higher levels. I think MA started this by introducing guns that have requirement levels above lvl100. But they need to introduce more than just the handfull of guns they introduced sofar. Another step in the right direction was the level requirements in mayhem events. But again, they stopped at lvl 100 while they should make steps for the higher levels too.

Um...L100+ DO have "some kind of advantage" times ten. Unlocked L100 UL weapons which gives them a large selection of high DPS, high efficiency killing tools. And obviously they combine this with higher looter level and a lot of HP to soak up crits.

Granted, a fat wallet means more than levels, but the combination is PED-deadly to us n00b/mid-level players. Giving a handful of players that already benefit greatly from their high level even MORE benefits won't make EU better.

I am not against adding new unlockable skills, but those skills should be something in the vein of:

* Double attribute skill gain after L100
* A choice of 5 attribute points chosen freely when hitting L150

Or similar cool effects that doesn't shove even more peds uphill.

Last edited:
Um...L100+ DO have "some kind of advantage" times ten. Unlocked L100 UL weapons which gives them a large selection of high DPS, high efficiency killing tools. And obviously they combine this with higher looter level and a lot of HP to soak up crits.

I agree with you that lvl 100+ players have an advantage over others. But what I was trying to say is that once you reach that point there is little benefit to keep skilling. It hardly matters if you are lvl 120 or lvl 180. I meant that there should be some benefits to keep skilling like the introduction of lvl 140 L weaps then even better lvl 160 L weaps and so on.
Just for the record this is only my opinion, I am not influenced by this as I still have to get my first lvl 100 profession.

The most important aspect of any MMO is the progression of your Avatar. That is what this game is about, it's a progression game. The Ultimate Progression game at that with no level cap where you can progress infinitely.

First I don't disagree with you completely but what needs to be fixed first is another skill/attribute update. The last skills update giving many professions love now rewarding HP was really needed. However they still missed a few professions and we all know Attributes need to be buffed instead of constantly nerfed.

Before we go ahead and adding another unlock lets actually fix the Uber mining unlocks that reward ZERO HP. How the other professions got all the unlocks rewarding HP yet being an Uber miner means nothing is pretty harsh.

Miner lvl 50 should be 1 HP per 800 skill points
Drilling Expertise lvl 60 should be 1 HP per 400 skill points

Then some professions got left out like Taming where you literally stand in front of the mob tanking it while taming.

Skills like Animal Lore, Biology, Zoology should all give HP reward

Finally Attributes which is what an Uber Avatar is about anyways and should continue to be the Ultimate reward

We need to rework the HP for them and their functions as someone with 120 agility should be 10-15% faster than someone with 80 Agility. You know like it used to be so I heard, since I wasn't around back in the glory days.

Strength caps off way too soon for the carry weight increase and there is no harm if people can carry 400, 500 or 1,000 Kg so just make it so.

Then there could be other uses put towards Intel, Stamina, Psyche

Next Attributes should also reward far more HP

Agility - 1 HP per 10
Intel - 1 HP per 10
Psyche - 1 HP per 10
Strength - 1 HP per 5
Stamina - 1 HP per 1

I much rather see better overall progression for an MMO and your Avatar then adding another unlock for only focusing on 1 profession. I also think we have all these skills because someone who is say 140 lvl in a prof should also branch out and skill other professions to develop a better character. Also Ubers should be focusing on Attribute missions to gain better rewards and advantages.

There is so much untapped potential with what we already have there really is no need for a new unlock. Lets improve what we have first.

The skill system is dynamic and the best I have seen in any MMORPG. So lets continue to improve on what is great and keep it there.

PS- Big Armatrix Melee Amps when???

Last edited:
First, some thoughts of how I see the system works.

I wonder if people realy understand what attributes, skills and professions actually do,
seems like we all have our own theory about it.
We do know skills once were caped at 10k when it comes to influence in professions,
we also know value of 1 attribute = 20 in a skill.

Why are attributes so hard to gain? Why do a top player have max 200-220 in an attribute
but can have way over 20k in several skills? 220 in an attribute is equal to 4400 in a skill.
Imo, and also in my own theory, reason why attributes are caped the way they are is that
no one can be maxed in the purpose individual skills and attributes have.

This purpose is to increase probability to a better outcome, but not in the way that they
increase a value from base value, rather so that they decrease inefficiency up until the
day the player have 10k points in all skills and 500 attribute points in the profession they
are using. There are several reasons why MA avatars have 500 in all attributes. ;)
Yes, I do believe skills are still caped at 10k when it comes to this probablility mechanism,
and no, I don't think an avatar with 1 in all skills and attributes have a probability of 1%, rather
around 30 or 40%.

If you have a system like this, a player can boost one skill a lot, and increase rank in profession
a lot, but still being unefficient in average when it comes to probability.
The winner will be the player who max all skills in that profession to 10k, but due to caped
attributes that player will never reach gods mode in probability.

Now, when it comes to making this game more interesting, we do need interesting rewards.
I always wished for a new skill when we reach 100 in average in each category of professions
(i.e Combat, Construction, Resource Collecting, Mindforce, Miscellaneous)

The way the game is currently structured does give significant incentive to high skills. As noted previously the increased capacity to survive crits is one significant advantage which opens the door for much more passive grinding of larger and larger mobs, which opens the door to significant expansion in profitable hunting.
Looter professions should not be forgotten either. Every hunting profession and many non-hunting professions give side skills which contribute to your looter level, which directly impacts your TT return. This is significant incentive as well.

Regarding incentivizing the higher professional standings? That brings up several balancing issues. PvP being a significant one which comes to mind. A player with 500+ HP and a decent set of PK gear can easily take down 10 players with 250 HP and similar equipment. Introducing new skills at the super-high levels which give HP will bring these 500+ players dangerously close to being unkillable in PvP, and that would be an imbalance. Introducing even higher DPS weapons will have the same risks.

Then there is the PvP aspect of loot itself. If the new unlocks contribute to the various looter professions, you will end up with the same kind of radical imbalances which pre-existed loot 2.0 and cause many of the same problems which 2.0 was introduced to address.

Yes, pushing new content which gives the community incentive to skill up is something I think we all desire, but it needs to be done carefully to prevent detrimental imbalances from being introduced. Considering the new weaponry recently introduced it seems MA is making progress, and they seem to be doing so keeping pace with the majority of the community rather than the 3 or so outliers who have pushed the envelope of what's possible.

It seems to me they are making adjustment, but that they are also being careful about it, and that is something to be appreciated.

Yes, pushing new content which gives the community incentive to skill up is something I think we all desire, but it needs to be done carefully to prevent detrimental imbalances from being introduced. Considering the new weaponry recently introduced it seems MA is making progress, and they seem to be doing so keeping pace with the majority of the community rather than the 3 or so outliers who have pushed the envelope of what's possible.

It seems to me they are making adjustment, but that they are also being careful about it, and that is something to be appreciated.

Let me address this first and foremost. PvP in this game or ANY MMORPG isn't really the focus and it isn't why the majority of players play an MMORPG. At no point should the core game design EVER be held back because of the least played aspect of the game. Now there are ways to address your issue and the player that like PvP very simply so they can enjoy that aspect of the game as well because I want to be clear, PvP should be awesome in this game!

First they need to hire a PvP and Space Dev to only focus on PvP and Space gameplay. These are 2 aspects of the game that need love and also require a dedicated Dev to enhance. The most popular MMORPG of all time is WoW and over 90% of their subs don't play PvP. Meaning if you removed PvP the game wouldn't miss a beat, again people don't play MMORPGs for PvP. However when I want to PvP I play WoW because I do enjoy PvP in MMO's it is a very fun aspect of the game. Just I don't PvP here because why would I? PvP in this game is not good at all!

So there are much bigger issues that need to be addressed, however the only fix would be to do what other gaming companies actually do. In WoW they have a lead PvP Dev and his sole focus is making sure PvP gameplay and skills work as intended. The only way to fix PvP in this game is to hire another Dev for PvP and Space in this game.

So no they don't need to be careful about adding something into this game because of PvP when in reality they could remove PvP completely and dedicate resources to the aspect of an MMORPG that matters which is PvE.

However I do stress that I would love for a complete overhaul in PvP combat and how skills work. Just realize the only way we get there is with hiring a lead PvP Dev.

Regarding incentivizing the higher professional standings? That brings up several balancing issues. PvP being a significant one which comes to mind. A player with 500+ HP and a decent set of PK gear can easily take down 10 players with 250 HP and similar equipment. Introducing new skills at the super-high levels which give HP will bring these 500+ players dangerously close to being unkillable in PvP, and that would be an imbalance. Introducing even higher DPS weapons will have the same risks.

This is an MMORPG and a player with 500 HP taking out 10 players with 250 HP I would say is perfectly balanced. The driving force in any MMO or RPG that has PvP is gear and level progression first. The skill of the player using his Avatar 2nd. The bigger issues is when player with low HP can kill a vastly higher level player which should be impossible in a well balanced PvP system for an MMORPG. So I believe you completely misunderstand what is balanced in an MMORPG.

There needs to be more HP updates and Attribute rebalancing as I mentioned. I personally would like to see Avatars with over 1,000 HP for the top players in this game. Again if you find that too much we must realize that fair and balanced PvP means players with the most skills and best gear should win in an MMORPG.

If someone becomes an Immortal God and you can't kill them because you don't have enough skills, gear and HP that is indeed perfectly fair and balanced for this type of game. At least in open world PvP which brings us to the next addition that needs to happen.

Again we go back to other games where there is instanced PvP and skills function differently there to try and make it more Player skill base and that is fine too. Just realize that isn't why we play an RPG or MMO which is driven by gear and Avatar progression being the leading core design.

There should be more weapons with a PvP focus like Aoe Healing debuffs, movement speed. There should be MF chips that put protective absorb bubbles on you or your team mates. Evader and Dodger need a complete PvP rework and they should also reduce player damage. As PvP damage is way to high for engaging combat. Again in other MMORPGs they reduce all PvP damage because PvE damage is way to high. PvP is bad in this game and always will be until we hire a lead Dev to work on combat to make it engaging and rebalance skills to have only a specific PvP effect.

I know there is a very small part of PvPers in this game so they shouldn't be screwed but you are and always will be until they hire a Lead PvP Dev. I might PvP some day too in Entropia if they dedicate the resources to it to actually make it good. Until then though logically we must look at what is important for this game which is PvE and that gameplay since like every other MMORPG it is what brings in the money and what players care about.

I hope you understand this state of the game so please don't hold the overall game back for something that has such a little importance like PvP. This talk of PvP makes me actually want to do some but it won't be in this game, we need a Lead PvP Dev first.

Thanks Abomb

Last edited:
Back