How about a RENTAL SYSTEM

Lumar

Old Alpha
Master Lumar Shadow
Hello to all,

I know i'm an idiot for having this ideias but i love you all :laugh:.

So the ideia is a simple rental system you could safely RENT your items and earn some ped from them.

Nothing new there since ppl already do that, but if MA made a system we could all forget the hard part most of the times, and that one we all know, COLATERAL, you need KK COLATERAL.

This way all players would benefit from something SAFE and even MA since they could charge a small fee for each rental.

The fee would be automatically deducted from the amount the player is getting from renting the item.

In the pick below you can see a TT of 10 PED in the item +100 peds per day, and a fee of 1%, the player would get only 109 peds since MA would take the 1 PED fee.

I think it would be a win win for all of us including MA.

I think ppl would invest more in items that could provide some nice ROI in the long run.

System would work like the trade to player but once trade was open you just click the rental button.

The rest you can see on the pick below.

Each player would also get a rental deed,proof for rent agreement with all info.

Item rentend would be account bound and once the days from rental end would be automatically returned to is rightful owner into is inventory or planet storage.

It´s just an ideia.:wise:

Regards to all,
Lumar.

Nope ... been suggested like 1000 times :)

MA has already said they will not do it. Please read the other 10's of threads on this topic :D

I have a feeling they will never support this as its in they're best interests that we each grind to get our own items.

Or how about the opposite? Maybe the unl weapon market wouldn't be "over saturated" if high tiered weapons weren't passed around so 2 or 3 weapons win the majority of the top 10 places in mayhem.

even if the request to be able to rent objects has been made several times without ever being satisfied by MA, it is always attractive!

the price of objects drops and it is a brake on the purchase; the cost of upgrading third parties is excessive, even more so with the problem of opal at 500%.

think that the majority of players will invest in such expensive items is not serious.

over time the price of objects will drop further because even by limiting the loot, the base of active players and ability to make large purchases is not at all assured renewal.

what will be the interest then to spend 1 year on a single mob in the hope of looter 1 item (which will no longer loot) and whose price anyway will have melted ??? to hunt for shrapnel or to loot objects of value?

so allow us to be able to rent our items should be considered, it would offset a lot of imbalance

Implementing that would free up too much ped that otherwise have to be deposited.

Magnus Eriksson:

As we have consistently stated in the past there are no plans to implement any sort item renting or loan system.

The thing is they want us to invest more in the game because of same reason. U cant have everything best in the game withouth bigg investment. Thats the nature of business. I like your idea tho but sadly it wont happen plus u would devaluate everything we own.

Was just an ideia and my fault i miss all other threads.

Regards to all,
Lumar

Shame MA has no foresight to realize just how much more revenue they would get from people cycling on guns many players cannot afford that would otherwise be gathering dust.

Shame MA has no foresight to realize just how much more revenue they would get from people cycling on guns many players cannot afford that would otherwise be gathering dust.

I think most good weapons are used. Or sold if they are not. With renting the markup on those weapons would go up as they would be bought by investors instead of active players for passive rental revenue.

There could have been a CONTRACT system, with:
-duration until automatic return of item(s)
-cost of contract (renter pays owner upfront for the time)
-cost of handling (renter pays an amount to MA to handle the contract)
-checkbox to allow contract forward (forward rental allowed or not)

This dialog must look nothing to the trade contract.

Yea, maybe said before, but lost in chatter.. A good thing can't be repeated too often.

Back