Upgraded Graphics Engine in the Next Release

I just got my 2500 euro withdrawal in to get my ryzen 9/2070 super combo with 32 gb of 3600 mhz ram.

Just in time to see the magnificent super color sweat beam coming from my vse-1.

I just got my 2500 euro withdrawal in to get my ryzen 9/2070 super combo with 32 gb of 3600 mhz ram.

Just in time to see the magnificent super color sweat beam coming from my vse-1.

lol... I enjoyed this more than I probably should have. :lolup:

I do not understand this ... and its not the graphics

Compare this game with lots of other "FREE" games and ... then I do not see a lot of new players and THAT's what we need among a lot of other things, but for sure it isn't graphics that will make this game better.

Compare this game with lots of other "FREE" games and ... then I do not see a lot of new players and THAT's what we need among a lot of other things, but for sure it isn't graphics that will make this game better.
Yes, and also this game has a whole lot of unused potential to keep old players active, engaged, and depositing (and we even tell MA how)

Ok but i think it had been better to postphone the update to next year tho. Do it now with MM comming dont seem to be a bright idea imo ;p
And i got to agree the before and after pics looks better before hehe ;)

I do like the effort of progressing tho :)

My 2 cent i feel its pure waste

In my vision have alot others things part core of gameplay with flaws need be overhaul
but mindark keep focus in sides that most dont care

Again , its my vision

The graphics was not better 2006 but the game was 50 times better then today.
To day we only have a lot of outposts and missions but back in 2006 we had a planet feeling.

Ok, here's an attempt to see a positive side from a possible way of thinking (possible, maybe not likely, I know!)
Fiction disclaimer - the following is entirely a thought process and may not represent in any way actual thoughts by MA:
MA wants to move forward on new buildings for the land plots, new spaceships (and better interiors for existing ones), new instances with new content etc. For each of these they would like to improve the visual effects but realise they are still on an outdated visual platform. They thus decide to upgrade the graphics engine before they implement this new content. It's a lot of work, but they finally go for it as it is holding up so much progress elsewhere.
To show off the new potential, MM2019 has a completely new look and ...

Ok readers, are you now optimistic or pessimistic? ;)

Ok, here's an attempt to see a positive side from a possible way of thinking (possible, maybe not likely, I know!)
Fiction disclaimer - the following is entirely a thought process and may not represent in any way actual thoughts by MA:
MA wants to move forward on new buildings for the land plots, new spaceships (and better interiors for existing ones), new instances with new content etc. For each of these they would like to improve the visual effects but realise they are still on an outdated visual platform. They thus decide to upgrade the graphics engine before they implement this new content. It's a lot of work, but they finally go for it as it is holding up so much progress elsewhere.
To show off the new potential, MM2019 has a completely new look and ...

Ok readers, are you now optimistic or pessimistic? ;)

Not a chance that's happening. This was just a distraction from the halloween mayhem mess. They do it all the time, flashy pointless news to divert attention from real problems.

There are hundreds of bugs that they refuse to fix, yet here we are with the "upgraded graphics" bullshit.

Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong. Very pessimistic to answer your question.

Not a chance that's happening. This was just a distraction from the halloween mayhem mess. They do it all the time, flashy pointless news to divert attention from real problems.

There are hundreds of bugs that they refuse to fix, yet here we are with the "upgraded graphics" bullshit.

Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong. Very pessimistic to answer your question.

Give me a min to put my hat on :dunce:

Ok ready ! pls give us more of this

I guess I have to say something about what they should improve and so on.

Just because they release a new update that is about graphics, doesn't mean they aren't
working on improvements on other parts. Graphcis update might have come to a
point where they feel they both can and need to release it. Other releases might
be stoped due to some features they need aren't out there yet.

Ofc do they need to improve in a lot of things. Event system obviously need to be
improved when it comes to quality.
Space need to be updated (which I guess is on its way "soon"), armor upgrade needs
to be released, whole crafting system needs to be updated so every BP will be in use,
auction needs to be updated so even small batches with materials and resources can
be sold in a way better way (introduce PEC to startbid), and a LOT of other things should
be improved, updated and introduced to the game.
Lets say they do work on all these things, do you really believe all will be released
in a linear way, one thing at the time? No, it will be developed and released when
they feel they can release it at the same time as other things are deveolped.

So please, please stop this annoying nagging about "X should be fixed before Y", since quite
often it isn't same people who works with X and Y. I know there are a lot of issues and problems
that need to be fixed, that isn't about graphics.

If you gonna let craftsmen fix the floor in the hallway, and the wall painted in the kitchen,
do you think the painter just stands there and doing nothing and just wait for the floor to
be fixed first? ;)

The graphics was not better 2006 but the game was 50 times better then today.
To day we only have a lot of outposts and missions but back in 2006 we had a planet feeling.

Even though, I like it better now than when I started, what really got me hooked in first place was, that there were no missions.
You were dropped of on a planet, no skills, no armour and not knowing what to do.
Absolute freedom to do whatever you liked with just a whimsical story line that did not interfere.
Would not say it was "better" then, but it was way cheaper for me and exploring a whole new world (on foot), being able to kill things I really should not have been able, really gave it a nice touch.
Would not say "50 times better", it was different from all the rest and not rying to be like the rest.
That has changed.
The core is still the same.
This graphice update is really welcome by me, the last one is still not (such a dump down, simply choosing nect target with a key and having to play in 4k to hve a deent FOV).
Timing though is really the worst, I have absolutely no doubts the forums will be full with complains during next Mayhem.

shit, i dont even want to imagine what will be :scratch2:, video cards, software changes etc etc

hopefully the system requirements go up a lot. that will kill about 3/4 of the playerbase :laugh:

hopefully the system requirements go up a lot. that will kill about 3/4 of the playerbase :laugh:

Not sure about the playerbase but more than likely the traderbase! =p

Get your sweat now it's gonna skyrocket!

I studied the before and after pictures very carefully (opened it in a new tab and zoomed in) and I see some big differences, and I do like the after picture more, the shadows and shadings are more realistic and the light is more realistic as well.

So, I am looking forward to it and I do applaud this, however, I really hope that we are also going to also see some great new content and I really really hope that MA will fix the problems with the Mayhem event, this is really important, more important than graphics right now I would say.

Legends

I studied the before and after pictures very carefully (opened it in a new tab and zoomed in) and I see some big differences, and I do like the after picture more, the shadows and shadings are more realistic and the light is more realistic as well.

So, I am looking forward to it and I do applaud this, however, I really hope that we are also going to also see some great new content and I really really hope that MA will fix the problems with the Mayhem event, this is really important, more important than graphics right now I would say.

Legends

they havent fixed mayhem in... what? 2 years? i dont think they r going to start with it now. especially when there are enough poor idiots who throw all their money at MA for no reason. on average people are stupid by definition. this is a prime example.

MA says.................

" Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows. "

But i have Windiws XP 8.2 and Direct X 11 on it.

XP??? Why?...

" Additional note:

As this render engine upgrade uses DirectX 11 that is only compatible with Windows Vista and later it will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release. Mindark kindly asks any players that still uses Windows XP to upgrade their computers to a DirectX 11 compatible version of Windows. "

" will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release "

Well i have Windows XP 8.2 with Direct X 11 so we will see.

" Additional note:

" will not be possible to start Entropia Universe on Windows XP after this release "

Just wondering, is there any reason, why u use win XP?
Do you get support and other things, and updates like win defender etc. ? Todays most games also have a strong use of Direct X12 and ask for win10.

Todays most games also have a strong use of Direct X12 and ask for win10.

All I can say -- "thanks god, that not DX12". I have last pre-DX12 radeon, and upgrade of hardware bit out of budget on next half year.

And I accept bets, if next updated version will work on wine or not.

" Additional note:

WTF is windows XP 8.2 ?
Windows XP is windows 5 gen , windows 6 gen are vista seven 8, 8.1, 8.2 & 10.

All I can say -- "thanks god, that not DX12". I have last pre-DX12 radeon, and upgrade of hardware bit out of budget on next half year.

i use Radeon RX 580 it dont cost a fortune, and it is it worth. It run also VR like Oculus Rift.

I doubt you'll see dx12 in EU in at least 7-8yrs. ;)

Interesting to c if the rest of the planets gets left out as per usual

WTF is windows XP 8.2 ?
Windows XP is windows 5 gen , windows 6 gen are vista seven 8, 8.1, 8.2 & 10.

haha i was wondering the same, and the last version on windows xp is still DirectX 9.0c, even after installing update 9.29... :scratch2:

No, you don't. "Windows XP 8.2" doesn't make any sense, it's like saying you have "Windows 3.1 2000". There's no version 8.2 attributed to any version of Windows, even Windows 8. Also you physically cannot install DX11 on Windows XP. Even if you download the latest version, when you go to install it on XP it will install 9.0c. Just run dxdiag and see for yourself.

Back