Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

I haven't read the full thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Haven't MA made it longer to tier an item? Instead of going from 0 to 9 we now need to go from 0 to 99 which is effectively the same as going from 0 to 10 in the old system :(

I haven't read the full thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned.

Haven't MA made it longer to tier an item? Instead of going from 0 to 9 we now need to go from 0 to 99 which is effectively the same as going from 0 to 10 in the old system :(

One would hope that the tier increases come 10x as frequent.

Yes, they will come more frequently but 0-9 in old system is 0-90 in new system but we need to get to 99 before we tier, so that's almost 1 extra tier point in the old system.

Reactions: das
Yes, they will come more frequently but 0-9 in old system is 0-90 in new system but we need to get to 99 before we tier, so that's almost 1 extra tier point in the old system.

Unless the old system was tracking the second decimal in tiering all along.

Did you notice when they activated the decimal system on globals you could go back and check the ATH board and see all the decimals of all the loot from years ago? The decimal system was always there for globals, it was just never shown to us until now. And then all of a sudden it's turned off again :D

I kinda think its possible the second decimal for the tiering system was in place before as well. Pure conjecture, I really don't know for certain :)

it surely does not,i hunted all day yesterday and on 1 sb-90 adj(l) i had the tierrates were 75/110/75 orso for the first three,

it took me about 2 hours to get to tier 2..in the old system that would have been 10 minutes,

breakrate enhancers is way down yes,i like that,but you can forget to get limited items to high tiers

it surely does not,i hunted all day yesterday and on 1 sb-90 adj(l) i had the tierrates were 75/110/75 orso for the first three,

it took me about 2 hours to get to tier 2..in the old system that would have been 10 minutes,

breakrate enhancers is way down yes,i like that,but you can forget to get limited items to high tiers

In release notes they said that TIR is not working as intended so that will probably get fixed.

In release notes they said that TIR is not working as intended so that will probably get fixed.

ah ok,thx totally missed that

Unless the old system was tracking the second decimal in tiering all along.

Did you notice when they activated the decimal system on globals you could go back and check the ATH board and see all the decimals of all the loot from years ago? The decimal system was always there for globals, it was just never shown to us until now. And then all of a sudden it's turned off again :D

I kinda think its possible the second decimal for the tiering system was in place before as well. Pure conjecture, I really don't know for certain :)

Even if the second decimal was in place it wouldn't make any difference, once you got to 0.90 you would be allowed to tier your item but now u need 0.99

Even if the second decimal was in place it wouldn't make any difference, once you got to 0.90 you would be allowed to tier your item but now u need 0.99

You're right. And after second thought, the 2nd decimal place was almost certainly added this VU. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see it the first time. :)

Hello everyone. I am under the impression that limited weapons tend to Tier a lot slower after that VU. I am talking about limited items with decent i.e. 4 digit tier rates here. Did anyone alse experience the same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I am under the impression that limited weapons tend to Tier a lot slower after that VU. I amtalking about limited items with decent i.e. 4 digit tier rates here. Did anyone alse experience the same issue?

They said something like that the tierates dont work properly yet.
I guess they didnt adjust by factor 11 to make up for the larger number range now that its 2 digits at the end.
Maybe thought that they could slow it abit down now that players can 'see' more.
So its not only slower in the range from .00 to .90 but the whole added range of 0.91 to 0.99 adds on top as well.
At least the tiering itself is cheaper now, so i guess they wanted to keep some breaks on to slow the rush.

They said something like that the tierates dont work properly yet.
I guess they didnt adjust by factor 11 to make up for the larger number range now that its 2 digits at the end.
Maybe thought that they could slow it abit down now that players can 'see' more.
So its not only slower in the range from .00 to .90 but the whole added range of 0.91 to 0.99 adds on top as well.
At least the tiering itself is cheaper now, so i guess they wanted to keep some breaks on to slow the rush.

May well be. So I suggest people stop tiering their L guns at the moment and until this is fixed. Just to give an example: After burning through half the tt value of an Armatrix LR my gun reached Tier 3. The Armatrix LR has 4 digit tier rates and ofc I was using an extender…

So there is really is no point atm in doing this.

May well be. So I suggest people stop tiering their L guns at the moment and until this is fixed. Just to give an example: After burning through half the tt value of an Armatrix LR my gun reached Tier 3. The Armatrix LR has 4 digit tier rates and ofc I was using an extender…

So there is really is no point atm in doing this.

After some hours of mayhem, like 7, I broke 3 enhancers overall. This is a great update !
Only on L weapons, Armatrix and CDF daily ones.

EDIT : This morning broke more than 5 in one hour....guess I was just being lucky.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I am under the impression that limited weapons tend to Tier a lot slower after that VU. I am talking about limited items with decent i.e. 4 digit tier rates here. Did anyone alse experience the same issue?

Heya all. I have the same impression, mining tools DEFINITELLY tier A LOT SLOWER. This needs to be fixed asap, it is frustrating. I have acquired 4-digit tier equipment for additional markup and they just don't tier properly.... half of the tt value and I have tier 2 !!! Just my 2pecs.

I would find it entirely sufficient if notification about tier increases was given as before in steps of 0.1, only after x.9 is reached in steps of 0.01.

I would find it entirely sufficient if notification about tier increases was given as before in steps of 0.1, only after x.9 is reached in steps of 0.01.

It should (BEEP) display only every 0.x (BEEP), like it was before for (L) at least (BEEP).
I can't even (BEEP) read my (BEEP) skill gain anymore since chat is (BEEP) totaly (BEEP) spammed whith tier messages.. :( (BEEP)

Also remove at least this fuckin sound (BEEP) that happens now so often that it becomes a torture when hunting whith (L) gear.. (BEEP) (BEEP) :banghead:

[*]In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.
[/LIST]

Originally Posted Here

This is funny, but the representative MindArk does not buy chips with Tier Upgrading skill from auction. Lots are returned without bids.

This is funny, but the representative MindArk does not buy chips with Tier Upgrading skill from auction. Lots are returned without bids.

Yes, I've just listed mine again for the 2nd time now, with a 12 ped fee.
Come on Mindark, why say something then forget about the promise 5 minutes later.

Yes, I've just listed mine again for the 2nd time now, with a 12 ped fee.
Come on Mindark, why say something then forget about the promise 5 minutes later.

Here is an update regarding this issue. If you have created an auction for Tier Upgrade skill implants before this, please make sure to file a support case and the auction listing cost will be refunded.

It should (BEEP) display only every 0.x (BEEP), like it was before for (L) at least (BEEP).
I can't even (BEEP) read my (BEEP) skill gain anymore since chat is (BEEP) totaly (BEEP) spammed whith tier messages.. :( (BEEP)

Also remove at least this fuckin sound (BEEP) that happens now so often that it becomes a torture when hunting whith (L) gear.. (BEEP) (BEEP) :banghead:

Potty mouth

Please fix this ASAP!
I'm Sitting on 1000 Ped worth of High Tier Number Persius gear.
I burned 20 percent of the TT just to find out I got hosed on the numbers.
With all the constant dings it took me a while to figure out that things were not right!
Makes we wonder if all my gear is slowed down now or just the high numbers.

Waiting ......
Rock

Potty mouth

I don't know what that means. :dunno:

And I guess if you took the time to write this comment, it must be so meaningfull, bring a lot, and move the discussion forward so much.

So please can you explain it to me?
I'd really hate to miss a crucial part of the argument. :wise:

Any update on this ? MINDARK come on, I am stuck with high tier equipment that I cannot use... 4digit tiers and all tt value wasted goin to tier 2, wtf ? Come on wake up please...

• Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.
  • In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

For my own sanity because I'm unsure ... if we're feeling impatient, then we can use a skill implant (900%) and extract the skills, list them on auction (for a fee) and sell them for 20k%. If we're not impatient, then we get the skill value at 20k% without the expense. Is that correct?

For my own sanity because I'm unsure ... if we're feeling impatient, then we can use a skill implant (900%) and extract the skills, list them on auction (for a fee) and sell them for 20k%. If we're not impatient, then we get the skill value at 20k% without the expense. Is that correct?

It doesn't generally work out to anywhere near that profit. The auction fee and ESI markup eat some, the extraction process eats some, etc. And the extraction process has a couple of quirks to be aware of.... back in the day, jdegre published some good info about it on his pages.

It doesn't generally work out to anywhere near that profit. The auction fee and ESI markup eat some, the extraction process eats some, etc. And the extraction process has a couple of quirks to be aware of.... back in the day, jdegre published some good info about it on his pages.

you mean like having a 15 ped TT ESI and extracting 5,01 ped worth of skills? :D

Hmmm ... maybe let me be a little clearer ...

If I do nothing now (i.e. don't extract the skills), will MA do that for me eventually and give me the MU value of the skills?

Dear MindArk,

You said in a post that the tiering system isn't working as expected from VU.
(didn't find it, so if someone want to link it, you're welcome)

And indeed many people have noticed that (L) items increase in tiering much slower than before. (I don't know about UL items but maybe it's the same)

It is now impossible to increase an (L) item with excellent tier rates (4 digits on all 10 rates) higher than tier 5 before the item broke..
I have items waiting in storage for tiering, and I don't think I'm the only one.

So could you please confirm that this is what you were referring to ?

And could we have an approximate date by which you plan to fix this ?

Thank you.

17.0 release notes

"The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes."

Back