Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Good morning

Quite a nice read and some very nice improvements and changes...although for L users, but I'm quite positive they have something coming up for unl users too...they haven't forgotten you guys.

1 step at a time.

They are trying to make things better for everyone. This is just the beginning.

Kind regards
    Tees

2. 11-30-2019, 09:25
    Reason
    Violating rule 2.2, 2.3 or reply to rulebreaking post.

3. 11-30-2019, 10:48
    Reason

4. 11-30-2019, 11:05
    Reason

MindArk Official
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Please keep insults and personal issues out of this thread, and stay on topic.

2.2 - Insults/Flaming
    Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted.

2.3 - Personal Disputes
    Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted.
    Community liaison in charge of player-developer communications.
    If you have feedback or questions, please make a thread about it.

I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
    This account was made official on June 15th, 2016. Posts from before this date are not official.

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it will be too complex to find a compensation based on TT value, all depends on how
    much MA keep track of.
    The question is where to draw the line? Tiering a mod fap or a imk2 isn't cheap either.
    Only for those who have tiered the whole way or the current owner?
    If current owner "only" tiered T10, will they be able to see that or will he get compensated
    for all tier levels? He paid MU for T1 to T9 but not something that can be seen directly.
    My guess is they will probably not compensate for this.
    Its easy to decide.
    If you tiered up something to t10 and you sold it, you decided to sell the weapon for your price, you decided if that is including the tier up cost or not, you are done.

The actual owner should be compensated, he paid the price of the tier up cost when he purchased the high tier item.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Nice!

Been meaning to ask for a while already, wouldn't it be great if enhancer break rates on all items would be adapted to maintain a constant relation to the actual effect they have which is different for each item they are attached to. This means, extend the break rates of enhancers on e.g. a small weapon so that the tt value of the spent enhancer has the same relation to its effect as on a big weapon. The idea is to make it equally worthy tiering up a low-level item, which would further increase the market for enhancers. (I don't actually know for sure if enhancer break rates are so far constant, but it's a current working theory handed around the playerbase that therefore tiering up items with smaller effect isn't worth it.)
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhereg View Post
    To add on to my previous point, the players who invested in the tiers for loot 2.0 guns are just asking for a fair playing field for the amount of peds we put in the weapons.

Someone can now tier a bc80 to the same tier as me, for a fraction of the cost it took for me to get it there. So it does seem a bit unfair doesn't it?
    You chose to do that knowing that you wouldn't get the tier cost back if you sold the gun, and knowing that more high-dps high-efficiency would keep entering the game. You chose to do that hoping that short-term gain would outweigh the long-term loss. You got the short-term gain, and you still have the same dps and efficiency.

My tiered-up Slugstorm has been superseded by numerous new weapons since 2.0 came in. Should I be compensated for that? I don't think so.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    player a buys gun for 20k spends 10k tiering and sells for 30k

player b buys gun for 30k, spends 5k tiering but desperate for cash so sells for 25k

player c buys gun for 25k spend 5k tiering and sells for 45k

=

player a got his costs back

player b lost peds by choice

player c made a nice profit

Why should any of these get compensated? And if these guys don't then why should anyone else?

Things change, roll with it or cash out.

edit

My tiered-up Slugstorm has been superseded by numerous new weapons since 2.0 came in. Should I be compensated for that? I don't think so.
    agreed

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    @Oleg and @slither

Agreed.

Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    You chose to do that knowing that you wouldn't get the tier cost back if you sold the gun, and knowing that more high-dps high-efficiency would keep entering the game. You chose to do that hoping that short-term gain would outweigh the long-term loss. You got the short-term gain, and you still have the same dps and efficiency.

1) Sure I never expected to get ALL the tier cost back when I sold it, but I also expected tiering my weapon to be just as challenging for the other BC80 owners in terms of ped cost. But now MA essentially handed out a freebie for something I paid quite a bit for.

2) When you speak of short term gain, what I saw was a long term investment. Currently, enhancing with loot 2.0 weapons destroys any efficiency they have due to the high breakage rate versus peds cycled. So I only used it enhanced on Mayhem events. It can take 2-3 Mayhems to recoup the cost of a single tier. I've had my gun for two Mayhems total (Summer and Halloween) before they made this change, once at tier 5 in Summer and once at tier 6 in Halloween.

3) I did pay quite a bit for a BC80, probably a bit more than a tiered up slug lol.

While I'm not an idiot and I expect MA to eventually change things, often those changes are drastic and with not a lot of warning. Which means I can't plan for them, and I assume, as I think most players would, status quo stays the same. So I made some decisions on the viability of tiering my gun based on the status quo, and got hosed by MA. Now I will likely have to compete with other BC80s that were able to get their gun higher tier much more cheaply than I did mine for.

Anyways, your post over-simplifies a lot of the nuances with this VU. I think the VU isn't a bad idea. I just think it sucks that these changes tend to ride on the backs of players who dump quite a few PEDs into the game because they believe in the system and they are willing to put their money where their mouths are.

Anyways, my 2 cents.
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very good update, much needed

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    they believe in the system and they are willing to put their money where their mouths are.
    While I don't agree with compensation I do agree with you that it's BS that changes can cause such massive losses.

That's why I don't believe in the system anymore. I cashed most peds out years back and have been playing on what was left (except for a couple of weak moments when I opened a few loot boxes).

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast