Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

They certainly can. They don´t even have to offer compensation for it. It is just that this time they did.

It is also not so much about a difference in what you would receive in return for your skills. It is two factors
1. They explicitly stated what would happen. At some point it´s time for MA to own up to their statements.
2. Why would I waste my precious ESI TT on just over 1TT worth of Tier Upgrading when they explicitly stated I wouldn´t have to? :)
I remember them stating that Efficiency was determinate of the loot composition not return.. Apparently that isn't the case.. Or still is, but not really.. IDK. They change a lot, this is MINDARK lol..
*Don't mean to rehash that old chestnut*

I remember them stating that Efficiency was determinate of the loot composition not return.. Apparently that isn't the case.. Or still is, but not really.. IDK. They change a lot, this is MINDARK lol..
*Don't mean to rehash that old chestnut*
Nah, Efficiency has always been TT return while DPP is loot compositions

We all know (and all saw) that the biggest benefactor of this skill removal/compensation thing was Auktuma, who didn't waste any time in placing his "massive" skill chip on the auction the very next day after the announcement.

Since Auktuma was doing "everyone's" tier upgrading for them, then MA must feel that they already have compensated "everyone".

:p
If anything, then the same applies to each and everyone who had anything in their possession which suddenly increased in value due to introduction of upgrade missions or similar. So, what is this supposed to mean?

If anything, then the same applies to each and everyone who had anything in their possession which suddenly increased in value due to introduction of upgrade missions or similar. So, what is this supposed to mean?
It’s just a joke that auk had like 95% of all tiering skills already by chance, so by buying him out, they figured statistically they were finished.

not that any of it’s true but that’s his joke and I found it funny

RE: Auk + tiering (For those w/ bad memory, or are too young and think they know things:)

When tiering first came out, it required 2 of the same item (plus materials) and there was a good chance one of the 2 items would be destroyed.
Kind of a big gamble on valuable, expensive items. (YOU wanna tier a mod fap w/ your level 6 tiering profession?)
Auk, due to already super high crafting skills, had head start on Tiering profession.
Plus he offered his services for free (IIRC)
He wanted the skills, not because he knew they'd be bought back years later, but because he skills as mush as possible in crafting skills/professions
So, less chance of lost item, and free...
Made sense many folks used his services
They stopped the "chance to lose item" because was huge impediment to tiering system
But by that time, Auk was clear leader

So yeah when the decision was to scrap the "scrap and tier" profession, he got paid.

I believe other high crafters also offered services but Auk was just the biggest one at the time IIRC.

@Ludvig|MindArk Are you guys still buying the tier upgrade skill out of the auction?

I finally extracted my few skills points of tier upgrade and auctioned it. Talked with Zeus who advised me to send support case, this was 3 days ago and I dont want to relist the skills again. So far no response from support.

Oh this is a gem heh.

index.php

can haz 20k%?

My First Withdrawal :love:

@Ludvig|MindArk Are you guys still buying the tier upgrade skill out of the auction?

I finally extracted my few skills points of tier upgrade and auctioned it. Talked with Zeus who advised me to send support case, this was 3 days ago and I dont want to relist the skills again. So far no response from support.

No answer from support but skills were purchased today. Thanks.

soooooooooo hard to code

10 SET shrapnel = Tier Upgrading x 20'000%
20 IF [active in past 30/90/180/360 days] THEN [place shrapnel in inventory]

Yes, thats BASIC...
Yes, i'm old....

Last edited:
In Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes, published in late 2019, an announcement regarding the removal of the Tier Upgrade skill and plans for an automated buyback program was announced. The original plan was to remove the skill entirely through this system. Unfortunately, due to technical restraints and the Entropia Unreal migration, it is impractical to complete this project in the current Entropia.

Going forward, any remaining Tier Upgrade Skill Implant chips placed on auction will be purchased on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at the originally announced markup of 20000%.

We understand that this is different from our stated plan and want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Originally Posted Here

Better cause hassle and inconveniences to 3'500 active players than to invest few coder hours to make the paying customer happy.

Mission accomplished!

Certainly would be better if we didn't need to buy an ESI to extract and sell the skill. But I guess it is one way to stimulate the economy :thumbup:

Certainly would be better if we didn't need to buy an ESI to extract and sell the skill. But I guess it is one way to stimulate the economy :thumbup:
Or you can wait until you loot one. :D

Back