Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

99 Dings to Tier 1 !!!

I am totally Sick of this crap.
99 dings to tier 1!! WTF were you thinking??
Completely clogging up my system log!!
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding ........... AHHHHHHH shutup already!!

I wasn't so pissed about the red error messages but now after a while I hate that too.
In the wrong light you cant see it.
The messages have to fade out and are not logged in the system log, so you can't figure it out.

Is the tier system working correctly yet?
We been totally burned on this change for a month!
Were gonna make tiers free and give back shrap, but it takes 10 times longer to tier up your U stuff.
High tier L is Hosed.
FIX IT!!!

Rock

I am totally Sick of this crap.
99 dings to tier 1!! WTF were you thinking??
Completely clogging up my system log!!
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding ........... AHHHHHHH shutup already!!

I wasn't so pissed about the red error messages but now after a while I hate that too.
In the wrong light you cant see it.
The messages have to fade out and are not logged in the system log, so you can't figure it out.

Is the tier system working correctly yet?
We been totally burned on this change for a month!
Were gonna make tiers free and give back shrap, but it takes 10 times longer to tier up your U stuff.
High tier L is Hosed.
FIX IT!!!

Rock

high tier numbers still dont improve anything, if at all then currently the items with really bad tiernumbers have the advantage of ticking faster then they originally would have because all items tick same average speed ;)
I tested it with a sword that had all 4 digit tierrates, couldnt get it to tier 3, right after a dagger with single and double digit tierrates made it just as far with round about same tt burn...

If anyone loots an hightier number item, save it till mindark fixes tierrates.

Beyond that i assume that a slight slowdown on tiering overall was intended to balance the reduced cost of the actual tiering.

I noticed that now!
My 3 digit tier L weapon went up really fast!
My 2 digit U stuff is like super glued.
My 4 digit L stuff is slower than the 3 digit L stuff.

Just get rid of the .00 stupid dings.
It was way more fun to hear the .0 ding and be happy something went up.
Now it's not even fun.
Depressing and annoying.
Like watching paint dry!

If this is an experiment please collect your data and make it fun again.:wise:
This sucks!!

I noticed that now!
My 3 digit tier L weapon went up really fast!
My 2 digit U stuff is like super glued.
My 4 digit L stuff is slower than the 3 digit L stuff.

Just get rid of the .00 stupid dings.
It was way more fun to hear the .0 ding and be happy something went up.
Now it's not even fun.
Depressing and annoying.
Like watching paint dry!

If this is an experiment please collect your data and make it fun again.:wise:
This sucks!!

They need to get rid of the messages into chat as well as the "dings". Looking at all those green lines thinking you are gaining skills to realise its just your weapon tiering up from 0.00 - 0.50.
Just give us a message that says your weapon is ready to tier if UL...or if L, that it has reached the next level. Everything else is useless.

Edit: Also if your wearing L armour, you are getting up to 7x the messages....one for each part

Dear MindArk,

You said in a post that the tiering system isn't working as expected from VU.
(didn't find it, so if someone want to link it, you're welcome)

And indeed many people have noticed that (L) items increase in tiering much slower than before. (I don't know about UL items but maybe it's the same)

It is now impossible to increase an (L) item with excellent tier rates (4 digits on all 10 rates) higher than tier 5 before the item broke..
I have items waiting in storage for tiering, and I don't think I'm the only one.

So could you please confirm that this is what you were referring to ?

And could we have an approximate date by which you plan to fix this ?

Thank you.

Ludvig, or anyone from MA, please could we get an answer to that ?

Tiering is a big part of gameplay, we still in the dark, and don't know if we have to save some items for later or if it's useless..

I have a (L) gun that keep telling me everyday "I want to go tier 10, I can do it", and I don't know what to answer, it's cold and sad in my storage.. :dunno:

It would be nice if we could get an idea of what to expect and when.

Thanks.

Tiering on L mining finders are 11x slower now will it remain same ?

Agreed, it is painfully slower to tier now, plus the additional 0.x9 to get to 0.99

This needs to be corrected asap

I was originally very happy with this update, as my Kallous-7 hadn't moved in 2 years, albeit, I took about a year off, but have been playing nearly daily since early December.

Here are my results with 120k ped cycled:

Code:
2019-12-18 04:23:19 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.60
2019-12-20 03:42:09 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.61
2019-12-24 02:23:22 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.62
2019-12-26 16:55:11 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.63
2019-12-26 17:16:03 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.64
2019-12-27 12:08:28 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.65
2020-01-01 03:33:22 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.66
2020-01-02 18:34:53 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.67
2020-01-05 03:50:13 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.68
2020-01-09 16:25:42 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.69
2020-01-09 16:56:31 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.70
2020-01-22 20:47:25 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.71
2020-01-22 21:08:09 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.72
2020-01-22 21:28:35 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.73
2020-01-25 07:50:04 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.74
2020-02-01 14:55:47 :: MarCorp Kallous-7 - 9.75

It seems to have stalled out at 9.75. I've been finishing irons, and just recently completed my 5k Atrox challenge on Dom+, and just before that finished 5k Argo Elites, as well as many rounds of Mayhem, and also completing my Maffoid Iron that I had pending.. I just want to get to t10 :)

Chip out

I am trying to work out what size chip to buy to chip out my tier skills.

Current Tier Upgrading Skills 1386, Level 30 Tier upgrader

What size chip do I need?

Cheers
Bjorn

I am trying to work out what size chip to buy to chip out my tier skills.

Current Tier Upgrading Skills 1386, Level 30 Tier upgrader

What size chip do I need?

Cheers
Bjorn

Hey. You can always check here what size of an ESI you would need:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/SkillCalc.aspx

This tool gives the following result for 1386 skill points:

Extracting, ESI needed: 5.67 PED, Final chip size: 5.10 PED

Hope that helps

:)

• Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

When will this happen? We are sliding out of "early 2020"...

When will this happen? We are sliding out of "early 2020"...

oh you didn't think they meant the year 2020 did you?

No they meant you need 2020 vision or you wont see it.... :D

hay everyone... when is the tiering update?

It's a typo, they meant year 2200. :)

On a more serious note, probably very soon since Ludvig said tier rates will be fixed in a patch after the last VU, so maybe tiering system will be fixed/changed as a whole at a same time.

And another month has passed and still nothing ?? No word, no update ? Just nothing ... :(

I can accept to get looter skills instead of PED compensation. :D :silly2:

That's actually an idea, provided it's not already set in stone. Issue ready-to-eat loaded skill implants of same TT value to their inventories, either 3 for everybody with 1/3 of the value on each of the different main looter skills, or a random one. People can trade them around until they are satisfied with theirs. MA saves the cash, at the hidden cost of slightly lifting many players' looter skills which entitles them to better returns. However, it may collide with expectations already created through the announcement, and possibly upset players who don't hunt. I do think it was a bit premature though, and also wonder what keeps them from following through as announced.

Edit: Or create an exchange facility on Entropia's website and let players simply choose a skill they want instead, but then make the issued skill implant untradable for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Even sweeter would be to get an equivalent tt value any skill out there - no chip needed. I would definitely accept that instead of peds.

[h=3]Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes[/h]

Tier Upgrade Profession
  • Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

An updated timeline please?

Tiering System Changes
  • Increasing the Tier Level and salvaging ingredients during the Tier Upgrade process are no longer skill dependent.
  • 100% of the Trade Terminal value of the ingredients required to increase the Tier Level of an item is now always returned in the form of Shrapnel.
  • A second decimal place has been added to item Tier Levels. After the Version Update, all existing items will have a 9 added in the second decimal place. For example, an item that currently has a Tier Level of 3.9 will have a Tier Level of 3.99 after the VU.
  • It is no longer necessary to drag items from inventory to the Tier Upgrade interface. Items from your avatar's Inventory as well as from an open Storage Terminal will automatically be used in the Tier Upgrade UI. Items in storage containers, vehicle inventories etc. will however not be used.
  • It is now possible to increase the Tier Level of an item in storage.

Tier Upgrade Profession
  • In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

so when is the tier upgrade profession going to be removed?
Or could you even reconsider and just revamp what the tier upgrade profession does?
returning 100% TT of the materials is certainly a step in the right direction, but with the removal of tier upgrader you're going too far imo.

How about making it the higher the tier upgrader skill, the higher the percentage of used materials being returned?

example:
if something costs 10 PED TT to tier, then:
a level 1 tier upgrader may get 10 pec materials + 9,9 PED shrapnell
a level 10 tier upgrader may get back 1 PED materials + 9 PED shrapnell
a level 100 tier upgrader may get back 10 PED materials

this way not so good items, which normally nobody would tier, could serve the purpose of skilling tier upgrader profession.

returning 100% TT of the materials is certainly a step in the right direction, but with the removal of tier upgrader you're going too far imo.

You do realise that the only reason we get back 100% TT of the mats is because tier upgrader no longer matters.
If tier upgrader is kept and affects the returns of the new system, then TT return wont be 100%, you get one or the other, not both....the removal of tier upgrader affecting tiering and the associated changes is good compared to what it was. Try to find some good in some of the changes they have made to the game.

If tier upgrader is kept and affects the returns of the new system, then TT return wont be 100%, you get one or the other, not both....

you do realize this doesn't make sense?

There can be both, tier upgrader and 100% TT-return, like stated in my previous post...

Tier Upgrade Profession
  • Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%
when is this going to happen?

wow i still have tier upgrading skill...wasn't that part of the promise...o wait love/hate mindcontrol is all about broken promises...what a dumb psychologist you guys have...get some real programmers damitol

Doing all these nice changes but lowering pyrite amount, plus very bad drop rate rate of tier components, on bad mobs on bad spawns makes no sense.
The changes determined a much higher demand but at the same time you lowered the supply, why?

Last edited:
[h=3]Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes[/h]

Tier Upgrade Profession
  • In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.
Originally Posted Here

As a Texan would say- Remember the Tieramo!
the Leviathan lover - Free Tiery!
Blue faced scots - Tiiieeeerrrrdom!

Tier Upgrade Profession
Im here for the long run, I can wait a year or 2 but...
support case sent

Im here for the long run, I can wait a year or 2 but...
support case sent
I did that some months ago. Was closed after 3 weeks.

Make many promises, don't follow though and wait for people to forget, if enough people refuse to forget, keep bringing it up AND you need them for something new make good on 1/1000 promises and make a big show about it. A tale as old as time, maybe this will be the 1/1000 or maybe it will be CP events, or maybe it will be etc etc.. :D.

Back