Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes

T
instructions were so simple, use ESI to chip out skill, place on auction for no more than 20k % and MA employee will buy it, do this before the year is over.

did ppl expect MA to give them free ESI and wave the auction fee and then on top of that pay them 20k %... :hammer:
the quote specifically says they will put it onto an implant for you for free, your only suppose to list an auction if you wanted a rush and to lose 10% and 1000% mu

It’s just been so long you’ve forgotten already

• Given the change to the item tiering process described above, the Tier Upgrader profession will no longer have any purpose, and will be removed completely in early 2020. Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.
  • In the meantime, anyone wishing to convert their existing Tier Upgrading skill points to PED can list Tier Upgrading Skill Implants on the auction and a MindArk Official avatar will periodically (once per week) buy any implants listed for 20000% markup or lower.

This is not true. MA gave two options, one option they lived upto the other option they failed to carry out.
And you're suprised MA didn't deliver on a promise? There are 100s of examples of this.
They, to this day however still buy up enhancer skills for up to 20k% which is fair for everyone who missed the chance to sell in the first place.

Wow, i completely forgot about this. lol
Is MA still buying these skills?
Would be a great opportunity for me to get rid of all those looted esis. :D

How to f is this written.
Do they even know english?

Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.

How to f is this written.
Do they even know english?

Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%.
To me that means they will convert the skill to chips value, meaning you lose 10%, then they will instantly remove that item from your inventory and give 20000% markup.

basically they promise to give 20000% tt value minus 10% for your skill if you leave it as is.

why this hasn’t occurred at the promised date is the question

A little time after the message about the cancellation of Tier Upgrader profession and connected skill, I asked for the clarification of this process from Live Support.
They replied there is one way: to sell through the auction. That is what they meant. An additional option was not provided. They just wrote it very clumsy in the original message. I assumed I was so stupid, but it is clear that many even English-speaking players understood this ambiguously.

A little time after the message about the cancellation of Tier Upgrader profession and connected skill, I asked for the clarification of this process from Live Support.
They replied there is one way: to sell through the auction. That is what they meant. An additional option was not provided. They just wrote it very clumsy in the original message. I assumed I was so stupid, but it is clear that many even English-speaking players understood this ambiguously.
English isnt MA's strong-suit, so you got to think exactly what they are trying to say xd. They should have had a fluent english-speaking person to proof-read this after they wrote if that is what they meant.

They just wrote it very clumsy in the original message.

That was not clumsy writing. Someone just figured out that it would be cheaper to not go through with the removal. The original message clearly states that It will be converted and then it will be compensated, as in "You, the user don´t have to do anything, this will happen"

"Any remaining Tier Upgrading skill points will then be converted to their corresponding Tier Upgrading Skill Implant value and compensated at a markup of 20000%."

The issue is that the conversion and compensation will happen once the tier upgrader profession and skill is removed, and until they do, they don´t have to do anything. Since not compensating automatically is beneficial to MA, and there is no drawback to leaving the profession and skill in (other than it making the game look a little worse), the removal will likely never happen.

Last edited:
MA held up the deal on my end.. Chipped out and sold with no fuss.. Can they, or do they really want to, just remove something from your skills attributes..?

I'd think not.. They probably saw everyone just chipping out and selling, not hanging on for a 5% saving.. It is 20000% ffs.

Can they, or do they really want to, just remove something from your skills attributes..?

I'd think not.. They probably saw everyone just chipping out and selling, not hanging on for a 5% saving.. It is 20000% ffs.

They certainly can. They don´t even have to offer compensation for it. It is just that this time they did.

It is also not so much about a difference in what you would receive in return for your skills. It is two factors
1. They explicitly stated what would happen. At some point it´s time for MA to own up to their statements.
2. Why would I waste my precious ESI TT on just over 1TT worth of Tier Upgrading when they explicitly stated I wouldn´t have to? :)

We all know (and all saw) that the biggest benefactor of this skill removal/compensation thing was Auktuma, who didn't waste any time in placing his "massive" skill chip on the auction the very next day after the announcement.

Since Auktuma was doing "everyone's" tier upgrading for them, then MA must feel that they already have compensated "everyone".

:p

To me that means they will convert the skill to chips value, meaning you lose 10%, then they will instantly remove that item from your inventory and give 20000% markup.

basically they promise to give 20000% tt value minus 10% for your skill if you leave it as is.

why this hasn’t occurred at the promised date is the question
Because UE population is mostly male.
if there were more women that have memory of ANY promise made.. they would surrender and do it :)

Back