Entropia Universe 17.0 Release Notes

This. So far I have yet to see a single red message that was important, relevant or even accurate.

Yep, MA management needs to change their mentality when introducing game changing changes.
It's not necessary to remove options when changing something. When you change something you keep all options from before as much as possible unless it becomes obsolete, like tier upgrader skills.
It should be possible to pick what types of messages that will show in the middle of screen, like server messages from Mindark, or like when your weapon is broken and needs to be repaired etc.

Same thing with removal of an actual Fullscreen option. What reasoning did they have behind to remove it, and make it only fullscreen windowed mode. Modernization? It doesn't benefit anyone. You could run Fullscreen windowed mode before VU 17.0 too, and regular FULLSCREEN.

So why remove it? There's 0 logic behind it as far as I can tell, just removing it for the sake of removing it?

What are you thinking MA?

Reactions: Izz
I am monitoring with proc explorer and I am also seeing the private bytes slowly grow over time, but not enough data yet to say whether it's actually a leak.

Did you actually take a set of heap dumps and debug them or are you just doing the same thing as me?

edit: 45 mins since I posted this and the total allocation has grown by 1GB

Some places my fps just drops slowly over time until I relog. This happens despite my CPU and gpu being nowhere near 100% utilization. Is this the cause of that?

I am monitoring with proc explorer and I am also seeing the private bytes slowly grow over time, but not enough data yet to say whether it's actually a leak.

Did you actually take a set of heap dumps and debug them or are you just doing the same thing as me?

I play from linux, so just noted `wine bin64/entropia.exe` process growing its VSZ size, I not dived deeper into it.

Have not read all the posts but hope this has not been answered. I did not see anything in the notes as I did read them closely, I think:) Anyway sold an item to another player, he paid me and I went to drag the peds to add to my ped card as usual but it was not there and I am hoping it was put on my ped card. It was a small amount, 8 ped, so I did not noticed if my card changed or not.
TIA for the info.

This. So far I have yet to see a single red message that was important, relevant or even accurate.

I have to agree with Oleg, he is right.

Have not read all the posts but hope this has not been answered. I did not see anything in the notes as I did read them closely, I think:) Anyway sold an item to another player, he paid me and I went to drag the peds to add to my ped card as usual but it was not there and I am hoping it was put on my ped card. It was a small amount, 8 ped, so I did not noticed if my card changed or not.
TIA for the info.

Hello ...i also had 2 trades like this in the past days....but the peds went directly on the card ( i had a screenie from the trade so i saw the balance before and after)

Eddie

you people are trumpatized

13 pages and noone cares for the huge theft mindark did.

I feel sorry for people who invested much ped into tier upgrade profession, gratz guys, youre skills are worth shit overnight.

Its by far a shame and noone cares. this game is not what it used to be.

Huge ass !!!! for tier upgraders.

edit, huge LOL for the censure, i mean to say that youre taken in the behind if youre tier upgrader:)

13 pages and noone cares for the huge theft mindark did.

I feel sorry for people who invested much ped into tier upgrade profession, gratz guys, youre skills are worth shit overnight.

Its by far a shame and noone cares. this game is not what it used to be.

Huge ass !!!! for tier upgraders.

edit, huge LOL for the censure, i mean to say that youre taken in the behind if youre tier upgrader:)

What? Please, uninstall the game...

Opening storage after patch and crashed in 1-2 sec

New VU Blue

Huge red center screen text accomplishes the goal of making some kinds of important system messages more visible to new users who might miss them.

It also accomplished the goal of making the game more ugly for the majority of experienced players.

Changes to the enhancer system are very welcome. These unexpected changes were obviously the work of a person who understands this game. How clever. Surly this will move some KPIs.

Locking items is a feature we needed a decade ago. It's sudden appearance indicates a refreshing erosion of MA recalcitrance.

Return of the Clamasoid? Interesting. Makes me nostalgic for the gold days when ck was born.

On a personal note, I can report enormous satisfaction seeing that now, all parts of shadow armor display with the same glossiness. I'd be way more excited about that if so many other textures didn't just break. Is it possible that the new big red bold message robbed my face paint of it's red colors?

My Formidon carpet is so embarrassing, I had to roll it up and put it in storage.

I feel so sorry for the guy who expensively tiered up his gear the day before you announced. Seriously. I know him. I sold him tier comps.

Oh look the servers are back online....

Same for me, tried opening storage with my BP tab open there.. Looked like it was loading. It didn't crash instantly like before.. got to 66%.. crash. I have a lot of books there filled and sorted with BP's.. Something is still causing crashes.. :yay:

Some places my fps just drops slowly over time until I relog. This happens despite my CPU and gpu being nowhere near 100% utilization. Is this the cause of that?

Hm, it's certainly a possibility. I could see a scenario where a particular object isn't getting destroyed properly and over time the object graph becomes large and time consuming to manage on each game loop. It could be worse for objects that require network synchronization, as maybe their event subscriptions are still being processed. I'm just spitballing though, there could be any number of reasons.

Game has been like this forever for me

Open up your map / inventory / options and see what happens to FPS

Now hide your interface and see what happens to FPS

Play in windows mode vs full screen and see what happens to FPS (can't do this anymore)

Adjusting
Code:
r_Height = 1200
r_HeightWin = 1166
r_Width = 1920
r_WidthWin = 1914
(window geometry for fullscreen and windowed respectively)
in settings-ce.cfg looks safer, than hacking internal winAPI magic.
(although MA not recommends touching these settings, so all on your own risc)

Those won't work, it keeps resetting the values on every restart.
Which is annoying as ffffffffffffff.....
Every time need to go change resolution in options, then re-arrange UI stuff.

I like so much the small changes in past months. Hope they will adjust some textures tho next weekend.

Keep it up boys :)

(Only one crash since vu 17)

How long should i wait for the new VU to load? Now that MA has removed the progress bar i have no idea.

Is 10 minutes to long? Maybe i should reinstall?

I used to go afk and leave Entropia minimized which would stop my fans from running like crazy on my laptop.
Now they are always working like I'm playing the game normally even if I minimize the game.
Can I do something about it?

I used to go afk and leave Entropia minimized which would stop my fans from running like crazy on my laptop.
Now they are always working like I'm playing the game normally even if I minimize the game.

Get a desktop.

How long should i wait for the new VU to load? Now that MA has removed the progress bar i have no idea.

Is 10 minutes to long? Maybe i should reinstall?

nothing changed for me

Creatures killed by automated turrets, drowned, or despawned by the system will return loot in the form of Shrapnel, when appropriate.

Turreted mob = you get loot.

Killed but not looted mob "despawns" = no loot.

Makes sense. :scratch2:

Same for me, since VU my fans are turning max speed 100% time. :mad:

I supsect it's because of this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...indow-is-NOT-Fullscreen&p=3738780#post3738780

Since VU, EU now uses the 2 GPU of my laptop, the main one for game , and 20% of integrated GPU for window desktop manager :( (because of "fake" fullscreen mode)

Last edited:
VU still broken for me even after a reinstall. Now my client loader just says not responding and greys out.

Same for me, since VU my fans are turning max speed 100% time. :mad:

I supsect it's because of this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...indow-is-NOT-Fullscreen&p=3738780#post3738780

Since VU, EU now uses the 2 GPU of my laptop, the main one for game , and 20% of integrated GPU for window desktop manager :( (because of "fake" fullscreen mode)
I not sure what you are saying but on my desk top and lap top I have my full screen mode to "Auto" and it seems to be work fine for me. I full the entire screen from top to bottom and can not even see my taskbar at the bottom on the screen.

VU still broken for me even after a reinstall. Now my client loader just says not responding and greys out.

just a small "shot in the dark", but sometimes little tips work...
My client loader on a couple of recent VUs and patches wouldn't respond. I managed to quickly click on the tools on a new attempt before the loader went unresponsive. After that the loader worked properly. Next patch.... same problem, same solution!!!
Hope it works for you :eyecrazy:

just a small "shot in the dark", but sometimes little tips work...
My client loader on a couple of recent VUs and patches wouldn't respond. I managed to quickly click on the tools on a new attempt before the loader went unresponsive. After that the loader worked properly. Next patch.... same problem, same solution!!!
Hope it works for you :eyecrazy:

This worked for me, thank you for the tip!! Now I only get the graphics card does not support direct X 11 error but at least I can get to the loading screen now.

Mine usually locks up at some point during updates. I close it and agree to send the error report to Microsoft. On restarting, it will get some more updating done before it locks up again...

close > send report > restart

... eventually everything gets updated and it works as intended.

Most likely something to do with being based on Internet Explorer routines instead of being a proper client launcher. MS doesn't even like IE but MA does.

I not sure what you are saying but on my desk top and lap top I have my full screen mode to "Auto" and it seems to be work fine for me. I full the entire screen from top to bottom and can not even see my taskbar at the bottom on the screen.

Don't see what is not clear.
Yes, it LOOKS like fullscreen, but as I explained it's now a borderless window (whith fullscreen size)

When an application runs in "real" fullscreen mode, it runs in "exclusive mode". That means it has full and direct control over the screen output.

But when it runs in window mode, it needs to send its output to the window manager (windows explorer) which then manages where on the screen that output is drawn (even if the window is borderless and full screen size). This takes some additional performance.

Open your Task Manager and check GPU load for "windows desktop manager", should be very low, even close to 0%.
Then open another game in fullscreen, should still be about 0%.
Now open EU, and check again, should be alot more.(20% of integrated chipset for me)

Also if you are used to Fullscreen before the VU, and used Alt+Echap to minimize it, you can see it don't react the same now.
EU won't minimize anymore, it goes on background, but it's still here on its full screen borderless window.

Don't see what is not clear.
Yes, it LOOKS like fullscreen, but as I explained it's now a borderless window (whith fullscreen size)

When an application runs in "real" fullscreen mode, it runs in "exclusive mode". That means it has full and direct control over the screen output.

But when it runs in window mode, it needs to send its output to the window manager (windows explorer) which then manages where on the screen that output is drawn (even if the window is borderless and full screen size). This takes some additional performance.

Open your Task Manager and check GPU load for "windows desktop manager", should be very low, even close to 0%.
Then open another game in fullscreen, should still be about 0%.
Now open EU, and check again, should be alot more.(20% of integrated chipset for me)

Also if you are used to Fullscreen before the VU, and used Alt+Echap to minimize it, you can see it don't react the same now.
EU won't minimize anymore, it goes on background, but it's still here on its full screen borderless window.

Not sure if I looked it the right place but under performance tab it said GPU 0, then the name and then 100% . It that the right tab ?

This VU killed my graphics.At low settings it gets 130 FPS,at medium 35 FPS and at high and up 20 FPS.So the question is what settings my cheap Radeon RX550 2Gb should have?This game I know has strange software but cant upgrade my laptop and PC everytime MA decides to kick out some of the players.Funny is that I play a lot of other games easy most of them at high and ultra high settings.

My graphics are going haywire. Lighting has gone wierd, everything is dark. Colours are all messed up. When I TP'd to Nea's, my screen when black, and then sporadic textures kept exploding onscreen randomly. Even at 100% SAFE MODE, I have flickering textures everywhere!

dark-gfx.jpg

Does MA even test their releases?

Last edited:
Back