PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to go afk and leave Entropia minimized which would stop my fans from running like crazy on my laptop.
    Now they are always working like I'm playing the game normally even if I minimize the game.
    Can I do something about it?
    Same for me, since VU my fans are turning max speed 100% time.

I supsect it's because of this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...80#post3738780

Since VU, EU now uses the 2 GPU of my laptop, the main one for game , and 20% of integrated GPU for window desktop manager (because of "fake" fullscreen mode)
    Last edited by ~ Cirrus ~; 12-17-2019 at 21:25.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    VU still broken for me even after a reinstall. Now my client loader just says not responding and greys out.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    Same for me, since VU my fans are turning max speed 100% time.

I supsect it's because of this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...80#post3738780

Since VU, EU now uses the 2 GPU of my laptop, the main one for game , and 20% of integrated GPU for window desktop manager (because of "fake" fullscreen mode)
    I not sure what you are saying but on my desk top and lap top I have my full screen mode to "Auto" and it seems to be work fine for me. I full the entire screen from top to bottom and can not even see my taskbar at the bottom on the screen.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    VU still broken for me even after a reinstall. Now my client loader just says not responding and greys out.
    just a small "shot in the dark", but sometimes little tips work...
    My client loader on a couple of recent VUs and patches wouldn't respond. I managed to quickly click on the tools on a new attempt before the loader went unresponsive. After that the loader worked properly. Next patch.... same problem, same solution!!!
    Hope it works for you

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    just a small "shot in the dark", but sometimes little tips work...
    My client loader on a couple of recent VUs and patches wouldn't respond. I managed to quickly click on the tools on a new attempt before the loader went unresponsive. After that the loader worked properly. Next patch.... same problem, same solution!!!
    Hope it works for you
    This worked for me, thank you for the tip!! Now I only get the graphics card does not support direct X 11 error but at least I can get to the loading screen now.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
    Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Mine usually locks up at some point during updates. I close it and agree to send the error report to Microsoft. On restarting, it will get some more updating done before it locks up again...

close > send report > restart

... eventually everything gets updated and it works as intended.

Most likely something to do with being based on Internet Explorer routines instead of being a proper client launcher. MS doesn't even like IE but MA does.
    HHH Says: If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    I not sure what you are saying but on my desk top and lap top I have my full screen mode to "Auto" and it seems to be work fine for me. I full the entire screen from top to bottom and can not even see my taskbar at the bottom on the screen.
    Don't see what is not clear.
    Yes, it LOOKS like fullscreen, but as I explained it's now a borderless window (whith fullscreen size)

When an application runs in "real" fullscreen mode, it runs in "exclusive mode". That means it has full and direct control over the screen output.

But when it runs in window mode, it needs to send its output to the window manager (windows explorer) which then manages where on the screen that output is drawn (even if the window is borderless and full screen size). This takes some additional performance.

Open your Task Manager and check GPU load for "windows desktop manager", should be very low, even close to 0%.
    Then open another game in fullscreen, should still be about 0%.
    Now open EU, and check again, should be alot more.(20% of integrated chipset for me)

Also if you are used to Fullscreen before the VU, and used Alt+Echap to minimize it, you can see it don't react the same now.
    EU won't minimize anymore, it goes on background, but it's still here on its full screen borderless window.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    Don't see what is not clear.
    Yes, it LOOKS like fullscreen, but as I explained it's now a borderless window (whith fullscreen size)

When an application runs in "real" fullscreen mode, it runs in "exclusive mode". That means it has full and direct control over the screen output.

But when it runs in window mode, it needs to send its output to the window manager (windows explorer) which then manages where on the screen that output is drawn (even if the window is borderless and full screen size). This takes some additional performance.

Open your Task Manager and check GPU load for "windows desktop manager", should be very low, even close to 0%.
    Then open another game in fullscreen, should still be about 0%.
    Now open EU, and check again, should be alot more.(20% of integrated chipset for me)

Also if you are used to Fullscreen before the VU, and used Alt+Echap to minimize it, you can see it don't react the same now.
    EU won't minimize anymore, it goes on background, but it's still here on its full screen borderless window.
    Not sure if I looked it the right place but under performance tab it said GPU 0, then the name and then 100% . It that the right tab ?
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

This VU killed my graphics.At low settings it gets 130 FPS,at medium 35 FPS and at high and up 20 FPS.So the question is what settings my cheap Radeon RX550 2Gb should have?This game I know has strange software but cant upgrade my laptop and PC everytime MA decides to kick out some of the players.Funny is that I play a lot of other games easy most of them at high and ultra high settings.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Entropia Studios: Twin Peaks Mall, Floor 1, #4
    Shard-Angel
    Society
    Project Entropia
    Images

Angry

My graphics are going haywire. Lighting has gone wierd, everything is dark. Colours are all messed up. When I TP'd to Nea's, my screen when black, and then sporadic textures kept exploding onscreen randomly. Even at 100% SAFE MODE, I have flickering textures everywhere!

Does MA even test their releases?
    Last edited by Shard-Angel; 12-28-2019 at 14:39. Reason: Image added

Points to ponder
    1 day work @Minimum wage in McDonald's = 500 peds
    1 week with $10,000+ investment for 100 CLDs
    in Entropia = 400 peds

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast