Entropia Universe 17.0 Release Notes

Sounds great! The bugs will be fixed eventually. Is expected to have them. The features sound great. Can't wait to get home and test

Nice update. About time MA gives somth back at least in holidays. Kinda red fog everywhere, idk if this is intented for christmas ambiance. Soc chat not working, will try to relog.

I keep crashing when I try to open one of my pitbulls. The others seem to load okay, only having issues with this one.
Graphics are pretty painful (too many reflections), I switched most to safe mode and it's better but very dark. I look forward to the coming patches.

Prices and markup are now displayed in the tooltip when hovering the mouse over items in a shop or shopkeeper.

I like this, it's actually very convenient because you don't need to click on stuff anymore to see what the price is :)

I keep crashing when I try to open one of my pitbulls. The others seem to load okay, only having issues with this one.
Graphics are pretty painful (too many reflections), I switched most to safe mode and it's better but very dark. I look forward to the coming patches.

I got the same opening storage ....

WTF!!!

I had 4 unclaimed rewards and they're gone now!!!

Support case sent!

i expected this to happen,claimed all i had yesterday just to be sure

Reactions: Izz
WTF!!!

I had 4 unclaimed rewards and they're gone now!!!

Support case sent!

Dude chill out, stop screaming like a little child in every comment... Arent you here long enough to know that all VU sux first 2-3 days? :rolleyes:

Dude chill out, stop screaming like a little child in every comment... Arent you here long enough to know that all VU sux first 2-3 days? :rolleyes:

Dude, this release is a joke.

You really can't be serious to release it in the state it is now, and especially if you claim you gave the game a visual update.

Well, yeah, it was a visual update, but I've seen quite a few updates before, but never this piss poor as it is now!!

Why on earth didnt they just log in themselves to see what a fucking mess they made out of this???

[*] For better visibility, common warning messages are now displayed in the middle of the screen rather than in the chat window.

This sounds horrible and annoying as hell! I'm always getting warning messages and switching items. If this pops up constantly it is going to get annoying really fast! HOW/WHY is there no option to just leave this message in the chat window?

Dude, this release is a joke.

You really can't be serious to release it in the state it is now, and especially if you claim you gave the game a visual update.

Well, yeah, it was a visual update, but I've seen quite a few updates before, but never this piss poor as it is now!!

Why on earth didnt they just log in themselves to see what a fucking mess they made out of this???

I understand your frustrations. In my case i didn't see anything wrong so i might be lucky. The game looks better, the armor and clothes textures are all ok for me. I'll try my vehicles later and see if all is right with them (using a Quadro P2200, if that matters).

One bug:

If you change to a resolution that is not widescreen (16:9 or 16:10) everything but the user interface is distorted (vertically stretched). Same thing happens the other way, you have to restart the game to fix it.

Another bug:

I can't stay logged in for more than 2 minutes. I'm kicked out constantly.

Not cool...

Codex bug

When i finish a rank in the codex, the "claim reward" button is inabled, I can't get the reward.

This sounds horrible and annoying as hell! I'm always getting warning messages and switching items. If this pops up constantly it is going to get annoying really fast! HOW/WHY is there no option to just leave this message in the chat window?

It is definitely an oversight on their part. Since the game doesn't anim cancel and in general is incredibly unresponsive, I suspect most people are used to hammering keys to item swap.. the result is you now get a face full of red text yelling at you that the "item is use" etc.

I would have thought they learned their lesson with the UI update shitstorm that they should always make changes like this configurable... but alas, no.

Hopefully they will patch it quickly.

I understand your frustrations. In my case i didn't see anything wrong so i might be lucky. The game looks better, the armor and clothes textures are all ok for me. I'll try my vehicles later and see if all is right with them (using a Quadro P2200, if that matters).

Same here... I wouldn't say things look "better" but I don't have any issues with any textures, custom clothing, custom vehicles, etc. Not that I've looked through every single thing, but so far no problems on a GTX2060.

Last edited:
Creatures killed by automated turrets, drowned, or despawned by the system will return loot in the form of Shrapnel, when appropriate.

MA should better take a look at this before is too late. It might transform in a big exploit. Imagine if somebody shoot 2 time in a Osseo stalker for example and then let the turret kill it and repeat on and on and on , if this thing give you ped back should be only the input ped and hopefully it cannot give you multipliers like big hofs and hopefully it’s not giving big update on the codex progress. If not we will see boots using barbarella near the turret day and night.

Do you have BP books in pittbull? I think one or more of them is causing the crashes.

my thoughts on just the items that make a difference for me (very subjective)
overall seems very positive, though probably issues with the graphics update will offset all the goodies below, but I will try to be optimistic for now
  • graphics updates - meh for me, as long as they work :)
  • Enhancers inserted into (L)imited items will now break much less often - good for the L users...
  • 100% of the Trade Terminal value of enhancers is now returned in the form of Shrapnel when an enhancer breaks - nice, though it is indeed not clear if it eventually was included in the returns long term, at least this gives more clarity + reduces wait / option of bugs to actually get it back
  • 100% of the Trade Terminal value of the ingredients required to increase the Tier Level of an item is now always returned, in the form of Shrapnel (none of the required ingredients are returned) - much better than the compensation before which most of the time resulted in minimum % returned, but it also means even less tiering resources available as no more leftovers. Should drop the rare components like precious gems and tier components more e.g. 1-10 in seasonal instances (though not too many)
  • A second decimal place has been added to item Tier Levels. All existing items have had a 9 added in the second decimal place. For example, an item that had a Tier Level of 3.9 will now have a Tier Level of 3.99.! - great change to know the progress though if some items will still take years to move 0.1 on daily use, it does not matter something needs to change on speed
  • For better visibility, common warning messages are now displayed in the middle of the screen rather than in the chat window - I hope they are still logged to the chat log, otherwise trackers / stats collectors would be broken yet again
  • It is now possible to “protect” equippable items and attachments, preventing them from being traded, dropped, placed on auction, exchanged with NPCs, or sold to the Trade Terminal. To protect an item, toggle “Protect Item” icon in the Item Info panel. Items that are protected will show a “P” on the item icon status bar. - this is great, long asked for, possible nice side-implementation - implement a flag to lock for repair - don't have to take care of items you don't want to repair, ever :)
  • It is now possible to attach and remove attachments and enhancers to/from items without unequipping the base item. - nice!
  • Global and Hall of Fame loot values no longer display decimals. - heh just after tracker finally adapted to the decimals :D
  • It is now possible to toggle the display of private messages in the Main chat tab. - nice
  • Creatures killed by automated turrets, drowned, or despawned by the system will return loot in the form of Shrapnel, when appropriate - excellent!
  • Fixed an issue causing message tabs to not reliably highlight when receiving a private message. - woohoo!!!
  • Fixed an issue causing avatars to be unexpectedly removed from dynamic Mayhem instances in certain situations. - nice!!!

Last edited:

which setting are and were you using?

I went from high, which looked very good the previous version to now very high, which now almost looks like safe setting.

VU 17.0 release notes have been updated with a new known issue: Codex rewards cannot be claimed, but progress is not lost.

i had some odd client loader issues. while downloading the new update the loader crashed. just disapperared actually and i restarted it about a dozen times to get to the end. i always dl everything too. but i ccan't help thinking the client loader needs some work. win 10 lol needs wetwork at the ms office...

the look of the game is different. i'm ok with that. the lock is cool...

dear mindark, thanks for killing my makeup mask. it was only 3 days of pure handwork using your crappy makeup system.

i really wonder if you ever think about the consequences of your so-called "updates" :scratch2:

i could upload a before-after picture, but to be honest, it's so disgusting that i don't even wanna bother ... well done! new graphics woohoo! how could we ever live without that?

video is too great, but if MA dont lower the minimum graphics...or to make an extra lower safe mode now with this upgrade, very soon will be online maximum 50% of number of players was before the upgrade. At least for few months or a year for people to upgrade themselfs. As a very strong point to this problem, i just want to say that all..but all proplayers in Fort'nite and Pubg for example, have all the setings put on ''very low'' to be able to play perfect and believe me , each of these pro-players have computers like 10k $ each minimum. So..think twice when you force people to have like 25-30 fps ...if your lucky. Players need to able to make lower settings and have 60-120 fps to be happy and play relaxed.
So MA please take this problem into consideration.

Last edited:
Opening the Blueprints tab in the Inventory leads to a client crash.
A quick review of chat messages shows that this problem is not just mine.

Looks ok to me, been changing a lot in options to get the look I want though.
As always, I have Volumetric Effects Quality on safe so I get my clear blue sky. ;)

I wonder if some textures will be updated when the crafting system will be changed?

Water reflection burned my retinas. I'll be chillin in [#vu17] chat channel :eyecrazy:

All my rewards I was able to claim from many missions in the codex... dissapeared :(

These changes to the graphics engine may cause certain textures, items and areas to look slightly different or introduce unexpected graphical issues.

And let the good times roll. If MA are acknowledging graphical glitches even before release,... I foresee some "very, VERY special" comedy ;)

reads on...

A new VR action has been added to the Action Library, which launches Virtual Reality for Oculus Rift. (Note that this system is still experimental and not fully supported).

3fcee0ab592588723ea736a2c643a0aa.png

Scrambles for Rift...

Wistrel

And let the good times roll. If MA are acknowledging graphical glitches even before release,... I foresee some "very, VERY special" comedy ;)

Wistrel

Nobody: is surprised

Having noticed that all makeup masks seem to have suffered, became gray or fully changed their colors, and also textured armors, and also paid virtual haircuts/-colors, i bet my ass off that quite a bunch of people are rather pissed than surprised now...

Probably only MA is surprised, why people are unhappy and/or complaining again ... after all their improvements to the game!

Screen looks bleak. Like a fog everywhere.

Go into Advanced Graphics setting and drop Post Processing down to Low. It will remove that "Fog" look.

Lost skill progress twice on DC, great stuff unlocking a new rank in mindforce harmony 3 times in 30 minutes. Tested manual log out on third time, this doesn't seem to be affected.

As a very strong point to this problem, i just want to say that all..but all proplayers in Fort'nite and Pubg for example, have all the setings put on ''very low'' to be able to play perfect and believe me , every each of these pro-players have computers like 10k $ each minimum. So..think twice when you force people to have like 25-30 fps ...if your lucky. Players need to able to make lower settings and 60-120 fps to be happy and play relaxed.

I don't know what you think PC's cost these days, but i play on very high settings and 60+ fps easily and my system cost less than CA$1500. The only reason it cost this much is because i went and brought a 1080 video card at the time (2 years ago) that will last me for the next 5 years or more, and that cost me around CA$900 (over half the system value).

However, you can get a 2070 for under CA$700 or a 2060 Super for under CA$600 these days.
Both of these cards will play EU on very high settings easily. That means you could build for under CA$1K a PC that will play alot of modern games on Ultra settings with decent FPS.

A build under CA$500 could easily pay EU on medium settings and you wouldn't really care that you are not on very high settings.

So you don't need to have a pro $10K system, not even for the vast majority of games.
Complaining about the update is fair enough, they have messed up quite a few things which they need to patch and fix, but please be realistic on your reasoning when complaining.

Back