Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
Currently playing in the aurli hive.

Don't hesitate to complete the list:

Aurli Cave is extemly dark, even with shading at Very High
Brood of brams have a display bug, glowing "mouth" and "head" / BRIGHT
Sparkbite blade is extremly bright like using a blowpipe
Getting a skill boost will have you glow brighter than ever
Items in inventory feels fogged in a bright way (like a light thru the fog)
Codex doesn't reward skills anymore when selecting the reward
Arsonistic chip creates a large bright aura around the mob, the larger the mob the larger aura is.
Globals and Hall of Famers light are super bright, can't complain about them the immersion effect is real, keep them coming.

Overall feeling it feels too bright.

Last edited:
If the game looks red, 50s bad quality pic, improve your shading gfx settings to medium atleast+Set

post processing setting to low to disable the flashing effects untill its fixed

Last edited:
With all due respect, I don't think your perception of things being too bright or too dark should be classified as bugs. Not saying they shouldn't be addressed, but I think the thread is a bit misleading.

If you truly feel that some of the visual effects you are seeing are in error, it would probably help to post screenshots and your complete system info... otherwise it's going to be difficult for MA to understand what you are asking or troubleshoot it.

with brightness and darkness , as i mentioned to a Soccie , i just mentioned to tweak the settings , it will eventually be Noice ;)

not impressed

I have had to reduce window size and setting to prevent crashing to desktop in one case computer freezing altogether requiring pressing restart button ?

graphic good in parts bad in others hope it settles down and stop crashing

I completely understand your opinion, i disabled the post processing, now the game looks like 2007 but im not blinded by bright items in a dark room.

Here we go...

I appreciate fashion isn't a huge part of everyone's game, but for me it is :(

(This is all on very high settings on a new pc with high end graphics specs)

Easiest first, this is just what I have found so far, I know there are some prominent colourers/textures also checking stuff.

Flora dress now has a black arm
flora.jpg

Crystal textures nerfed ( blue crystal skirt)
blue_crystal.jpg

Bismuth... just... :cry:
bismuth.jpg

Armour looks plastic, lacks any shine or detail.
armour.jpg

Avatars do a random blur thing, its very annoying
blurry.jpg

The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.

In this pic, ive not change anything. Left is direct sun, right is in a shadow. Looks like games 15 years apart graphics wise.

same.jpg

Trying to be positive, I like the shine on my hair, and when you get the light just right the avas can look cool, so the potential is there, if they could some how optimise it to look better the rest of the time.

With all due respect, I don't think your perception of things being too bright or too dark should be classified as bugs. Not saying they shouldn't be addressed, but I think the thread is a bit misleading.

If you truly feel that some of the visual effects you are seeing are in error, it would probably help to post screenshots and your complete system info... otherwise it's going to be difficult for MA to understand what you are asking or troubleshoot it.

I have a very efficient MSI laptop.. i am curious if you even how a sparkbite, an arsonistic chip or even visited the aurli cave?

the pictures will follow! i am not here to say its a bad update, im here to say what i see and experience

Get on the field and see things for yourself, thank you!

Last edited:
The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.

That's literally the point of PBR rendering - to attempt to accurately model how light interacts with materials.. and why appropriate lighting setup is so crucial here.

Some of the pics you posted definitely look wrong, while some just look like bad lighting. Good that you posted them though, so MA can take a look.

I have a very efficient MSI laptop.. i am curious if you even how a sparkbite, an arsonistic chip or even visited the aurli cave?

Yes, minus the aurli cave; and as I said, I don't think your opinions are invalid, I just don't think they are bugs... and candidly I'd rather have MA work on solving actual bugs (like the broken codex rewards) before they work on tweaking the visuals to be more appealing for you.

The arson effect, for example, is not an error - the halo is generated because the particle system generating the fire is a light source. Sure, they could make it look better, but I think that should be a lower priority than other things.

edit: after seeing your screenshots I would say the effect does seem much more pronounced for you, hopefully you can tweak your settings enough to at least make it tolerable until MA makes adjustments.

Last edited:
"Connection lost" - login, "Server not available", 2 mins "Connection lost" - login, 2 mins - shooting Warlock ... "Connection lost"

Please add connection stability issues to buglist. Usual new VU bugs and I'm sure MA will fix though currently game not playable for me. Time to go read a book:)

That's literally the point of PBR rendering - to attempt to accurately model how light interacts with materials.. and why appropriate lighting setup is so crucial here.

Some of the pics you posted definitely look wrong, while some just look like bad lighting. Good that you posted them though, so MA can take a look.

Yes to all of the above; and as I said, I don't think your opinions are invalid, I just don't think they are bugs... and candidly I'd rather have MA work on solving actual bugs (like the broken codex rewards) before they work on tweaking the visuals to be more appealing for you.

The arson effect, for example, is not an error - the halo is generated because the particle system generating the fire is a light source. Sure, they could make it look better, but I think that should be a lower priority than other things.

Certainly, would you mind providing pictures of your well working setup? or work around that could help us not experience migraine while logging into entropia.

this is the effect you are stuck with after a skill boost:

Isn't that a known issue though? Or is the below something else:

Known Issues
Avatars will sometimes glow unexpectedly after receiving a skill boost. Going into first person mode and back to third person will fix this.

I solved it with zooming in so I went to 1st person view and then zoomed out again.
Still an issue though that needs to be fixed.

cheers mate

EDIT: oh well its already disabled..

Yea I thought that might help but it didn't really change much for me either... I think there's some settings like bloom/HDR that are missing that would help with this.

And no, my setup doesn't look great either, I am seeing the same things you are (though not to the same degree).

My only point was simply that these are not bugs, they are deliberate.. even though I agree they need tweaking. I still prefer MA address the actual bugs first, that's all.

Here we go...

i think you're right about the lights, but still some colors have changed in a very strange way. some more (improved?) informations would definitly help, but why should i be mindark's free beta monkey every time they improve graphics hmm? hell i pay regulary to have fun in EU, but they tend to kill fun on any VU occassion possible... not to talk about all the costs involved, or anything someone would call an investment.

My only point was simply that these are not bugs, they are deliberate.. even though I agree they need tweaking. I still prefer MA address the actual bugs first, that's all.

next time read release note because its already being adressed and noticed rather than have people ruin their hunting efficiency posting pic for your pleasure, thank you

i am just being altruist right here, help with what i experienced

Crystal textures nerfed ( blue crystal skirt)

Hopefully it's due to this:

While many areas and scenes will show major improvement with regard to lighting and realism, some content has not yet been optimized for the new system, particularly Planet Partner content. Upcoming Version Updates will build upon the additions and capabilities introduced in this release.

I appreciate it should look different, but it should look like one game was made now, and the other many years ago graphically when I walk into shadow. Both should look good, one just darker/shadier than the other.

Hopefully it's due to this:

While many areas and scenes will show major improvement with regard to lighting and realism, some content has not yet been optimized for the new system, particularly Planet Partner content. Upcoming Version Updates will build upon the additions and capabilities introduced in this release.

I hope so too, thanks for the quote link :)

next time read release note because its already being adressed and noticed rather than have people ruin their hunting efficiency posting pic for your pleasure, thank you

i am just being altruist right here, help with what i experienced

I am not sure what "its" you are referring to, some things have been noticed, some have not. You should also consider reading the release notes, they would have explained the problem with the skill boost that you posted about.

I wasn't asking for pics for my pleasure, I said it might help MA understand what you are seeing. Nobody forced you to do anything, and I certainly didn't mean to ruin your hunting experience, so my apologies.

I'm sure we are all very grateful for your incredible act of altruism.

I appreciate it should look different, but it should look like one game was made now, and the other many years ago graphically when I walk into shadow. Both should look good, one just darker/shadier than the other.

Yes I totally agree, but until MA has time to fully upgrade their lighting rigs everywhere and create new materials and tweak the textures, the results are going to be a mixed bag.

It's unfortunate for people like you who likely have a lot of custom textures and clothing that you worked very hard on.

the pictures will follow! i am not here to say its a bad update, im here to say what i see and experience

Get on the field and see things for yourself, thank you!

Try turning down Particle Effects Quality to see if that helps with these.
Maybe also drop the shadow qulaity and up the shadings quality.

There are lots of settings you can play with, i'm sure you can find something to help reduce this in the meantime.

Yes I totally agree, but until MA has time to fully upgrade their lighting rigs everywhere and create new materials and tweak the textures, the results are going to be a mixed bag.

It's unfortunate for people like you who likely have a lot of custom textures and clothing that you worked very hard on.

ok i want to believe that it's just about some more tweakings and optimisations.

still, please forgive me the question, if most of mindark's technical or graphical improvements cause them more trouble than they improve our game, and even worse, maybe keep them away from developing/fixing the real issues in EU, like stakeholder/investor stuffs...

With this last version update, we are supposedly moving into a better graphical experience and immersion, the purpose of this thread/bug report/graphical issues is to report as many even details as possible.
Tweaks and adjustement should be optional and temporary

Try turning down Particle Effects Quality to see if that helps with these.
Maybe also drop the shadow qulaity and up the shadings quality.

There are lots of settings you can play with, i'm sure you can find something to help reduce this in the meantime.

Thanks.

So far i have adjusted the shading above medium, Under medium you will have a very bad color display on every texture.
Lowering the post processing from very high to low fixed that extremly bright effect.
Shading effect didnt help at all.

Above is what I get using the screenshot function with VU 17.0.

Windowed / 1680x1050x32 / Radeon 470X / Very High on everything. :(

EDIT: Updating to the latest graphic drivers did not fix the issue.

EDIT2: Screenshot works ok on 1600x900x32 so I'll use that for the time being.

Last edited:
Overall I am happy with the outdoor graphics. Mainly texture issues. I list the issues I have here:

• Background image on [Visique Sign (UGC)] not showing
  • Only parts of the image of the [Sandrunner MKII (C,L)] shows in inventory
  • Spawned [Wolf Heart] not visible.
  • Spawned [Boar Heart] not visible.
  • Spawned [Chimera Heart] not visible.
  • Spawned [Papoo Heart] not visible.
  • Spawned [Boar Head] not visible.
  • Spawned [Cyclops Head] not visible.
  • Image of [Wolf Paw] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Boar Head] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Wolf Meat] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Dragon Heart] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Boar Tusk] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Boar Tail] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Cyclops Head] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Boar Heart] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Vampire Heart] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Papoo Heart] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Wolf Fangs] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Boar Hoove] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Image of [Werewolf Claw] has an X (not showing) in inventory.
  • Epileptic moving in apartment bugs ladidadidaaa .... (old issue lol)
  • Spawned light sources changes color on walls when moving closer or further away. Maybe I am using a to confusing mix of lights like [Metal Torch], [Mayhem Star - Gleaming], [Shoubu Lamp], [Ridge Lamp] :laugh:. But it worked before and blended quite well. Now it seems quite erratic lighting.

Graphic issues I am not happy with

• The glitter effect on the Cyrene textures are gone. Costed a small fortune to use these textures and I loved them. But now its just some boring blue, green, yellow or whatever color. Please get the glitter back. :rolleyes:
  • Spawned items like in my apartment are way less attractive graphically. I would go as far as saying the just look aweful. Just pay a visit to my simple museum and you see what I mean.

Maybe this is all cache issues, pp graphic updates coming issues, some wierd settings issues, a shitty card like a GTX 960 issue but I post it anyway.

p.s. I recommend my museum for an fps stress test. Full of unnecessary crap that will unnecesarilly hurt your eyes and possibly make your GPU wanna cry :eyecrazy:

Ok, here some things i saw so far:

1. All my make up mask looks like the colors are changed. Blue looks orange, and red lips looks now dark pink.
2. If i open inventory at argus, i get imetiatly kicked from game. (Page with blueprints)
3. A lot of the models dont have any specular looking yet. My boar armor realy looks ugly now. Even Pixi looks better.
4. PVP at Argus have no trees.
5. some terrain materials are bad setup in near view. Size is too large and it looks like large pixels.
6. Most of the inventory items/images/icons looks messed up.

Thats what i find out so far. The (inventory crash the game) is the most bad thing. After 5 crashes i gave up to play for today.

Clear shader and icon cach don't fixed anything on the above issues.

Last edited:
Back