Info: Vu17 bugs report

Edited : its at known issue

Launcher crashing

Launcher is now crashing eatch time it trys to update.

I was patching fine for about 30 min then it just closed itself and continues to do so each time I attempt to run it.

I've closed my antivirus and disabled firewall to no avail, attempting to run as admin causes it not to open at all.

Anyone else having this issue?

When I open the inventory and try to access the BP section the game crashes.

same here, if i open the inventory BP section.

Same for me, I have most BPs in a container and crash when I open it.
Maybe they have been a bit too optimistic and added parts of future VU that
will change most in crafting? :laugh::silly2:

Bugs so far:
Settings: All very high, 3440x1440 resolution.

In-game screenshot function doesn't work (on resolution 3440x1440) fullscreen windowed mode.

Angel adjusted fuckup. (Normal Angel probably fucked too).

My Sub-Zero mask that I paid 400 ped for and it took several days for it to be made, ruined in VU 17.0. :mad:
sub-zero_mask_vu_17.0.jpg

Somehow, and I don't know why, I often get the big red message that I can't take this person as a disciple although I did not try to add them.

Somehow, and I don't know why, I often get the big red message that I can't take this person as a disciple although I did not try to add them.

and i get an error 0 message with the sidenote to message support with the above details ... seriously? obviously i don't hate MA's support guys as much as their quality assurance, and i don't further bother. :laugh:

I get that too

every 10 minutes I get that exact message , for no reason ?

me too - and most annoying in red text middle of screen lol - it might as well say -

wing it style

Launcher can't complete download

When trying to download the game it gets stuck on "x.xMB / 184.56 MB" of the download, the last little bit. It goes up to 80% or so and then it stops, checks for updates and retry that same last MB.

So far I tried a new instal and restarting but it hasn't worked.

Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

I dont think I'm hunting anything tonight. Raised a support case with the very useful information in the error message.

Hoping for a swift bugfix.

going_too_fast.jpg

If you can disable that annoying red text in the middle of screen that'd be good too.
:dunce:

EDIT: Did a full reinstall of Entropia (10.5 gig approx) and even doing that logged me in with the above error message.

Last edited:
Ambu mission

Got to level 12 today and cant get skill bonus. Used to be to see the next reward but that is not working as well. Anyone else having this problem?

When trying to download the game it gets stuck on "x.xMB / 184.56 MB" of the download, the last little bit. It goes up to 80% or so and then it stops, checks for updates and retry that same last MB.

So far I tried a new instal and restarting but it hasn't worked.

Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

This helped with my downloading Problem:

I had problems with downloading planet data, they went to 4 or 5% then halted and restated again and again and again.

What solved the problem was goint to Tools in Client Loader and lowered the Download thread count to 1

Still have FPS issue - cut in half from before
Seems like there is no difference between windows mode and full screen mode in regards to FPS - I’m wondering if the game is only capable of running in full screen windows now, thus the FPS loss

TL;DR - Fullscreen mode is not really fullscreen mode??

Here we go...

I appreciate fashion isn't a huge part of everyone's game, but for me it is :(

(This is all on very high settings on a new pc with high end graphics specs)

Easiest first, this is just what I have found so far, I know there are some prominent colourers/textures also checking stuff.

Flora dress now has a black arm
flora.jpg

Crystal textures nerfed ( blue crystal skirt)
blue_crystal.jpg

Bismuth... just... :cry:
bismuth.jpg

Armour looks plastic, lacks any shine or detail.
armour.jpg

Avatars do a random blur thing, its very annoying
blurry.jpg

The most important one and the one I'm worried about most. There is a huge difference between how the graphics look depending on the light in the area. Wether you are walking outside into a shadow, or from one building to another. Even when in a building, if you turn away from the light source, it looks like crap.

In this pic, ive not change anything. Left is direct sun, right is in a shadow. Looks like games 15 years apart graphics wise.

same.jpg

Trying to be positive, I like the shine on my hair, and when you get the light just right the avas can look cool, so the potential is there, if they could some how optimise it to look better the rest of the time.

Seconding the one TO THE MAX about when not not in direct sunlight face looks like Second Life. It's nice that I now CAN look direct to the sun without face turning to ghost but indeed.. now we have this other problem.

- Can't claim Codex rewards.

- "This player can't be your disciple" appearing time to time.

I continue to glow after the skill buff dissapears. Feels like an Alien.

What solved the problem was goint to Tools in Client Loader and lowered the Download thread count to 1

Thank you for your suggestion but it did not work for me. I am going to try a few other things.

There are lags when 3d model in item info is shown..
There are lags when (more than before vu17) when getting place with lot of avatars/vehicles..
Totally eye-killing picture with default lightness/contrast options.

There was no problems on my PC config before. All graphics settings are maxed as it can be.

Last edited:

I've managed to stumble upon a possible 'dirty fix' for anyone getting the above error messages (which I was receiving on login / teleporting / shooting a mob or looting a mob etc...)

I travelled to the swamp area west of Fort Lahar, crashed to desktop and on re-logging I no longer receive the error.

I'm not sure why this should fix the error, but I'm very glad I no longer receive it. :)

On my laptop I get the error: D3D error (Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices.)

No problem before.

Window 10, Geforce GTX860M

How to fix this?

Cleared cache, verified local data, restart laptop.
Is next step to reinstall EU or is there any other things to try?

On my laptop I get the error: D3D error (Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices.)

No problem before.

Window 10, Geforce GTX860M

How to fix this?

Cleared cache, verified local data, restart laptop.
Is next step to reinstall EU or is there any other things to try?

You could try this:

https://offlinefreewarefiles.com/software/directx-offline-installer-setup/

or check you have the very latest graphic card drivers (if you haven't already)

I did a full uninstall and re-install of Entropia last night and it didnt resolve my issue.

Forgot to say I installed new graphic drivers as well.

I also have Direct X 12 installed since before, but I could try reinstall that, thanks.

If you run 'dxdiag' do you see any errors there or in Device Manager?

Share centre/ new name: Entropia Exchange:

If you lower the buy order price below what is on offer the system still buys at that offer price.
It therefore tells you the price that will be removed from ped card based on your offer price + fee, then buys at the higher price and deducts that! Not cool!

Also, the balance shown in transactions history is then whatever your ped card balance is, not what you have in your exchange balance. Pretty messed up...

Spaceships: the ghosts in seats green/red seem to have disappeared...

Safe mode: things become way too dark - shading must then be set to minimum of low. I'm gonna call this a bug, as it cannot be design to have safe=unplayable.

If you run 'dxdiag' do you see any errors there or in Device Manager?

Uninstalled and reinstalled entropia, still get the same error.

Dxdiag says no problem when I run it, also device manager is all ok.

Thanks for helping Mega:)

Share centre/ new name: Entropia Exchange:
If you lower the buy order price below what is on offer the system still buys at that offer price.
It therefore tells you the price that will be removed from ped card based on your offer price + fee, then buys at the higher price and deducts that! Not cool!

I guess they made all buy orders, not just those higher than the lowest sell order, match the lowest sell price:

Added Buy orders to the Entropia Exchange (previously “Share Center”). Buy orders always match the lowest available price first.

Anyone is experiencing increased damage hunting your usual mob? mobs seems do deal more dmg, as if the damage range they can do has be lowered between lowest and highest, making the lowest hit possible stronger.

This could also be from the armor i am wearing, adjusted boar, or the plates, adjusted 5b.

thank you if you help testing this out.

EDIT: Increased hit rate, i am level 60 evader with 25% increased evade chance.

Last edited:
Anyone is experiencing increased damage hunting your usual mob? mobs seems do deal more dmg, as if the damage range they can do has be lowered between lowest and highest, making the lowest hit possible stronger.

This could also be from the armor i am wearing, adjusted boar, or the plates, adjusted 5b.

thank you if you help testing this out.

EDIT: Increased hit rate, i am level 60 evader with 25% increased evade chance.

The mob in question is the scipulor, my friend with Modified Shadow confirm the issue

I noticed the same on the Brood of All

Back