Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    What I can see from my hunting is that tier 7 components drop rate was reduced a couple of days before VU and remains at the reduced rate, so I doubt MA want to increase drop rate.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I can see from my hunting is that tier 7 components drop rate was reduced a couple of days before VU and remains at the reduced rate, so I doubt MA want to increase drop rate.
    It doesn't make any sense why they would not want us to tier our gear. Tiers = more turnover, and there's a lot of pent up delayed gratification waiting to blow it's load.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    It doesn't make any sense why they would not want us to tier our gear. Tiers = more turnover, and there's a lot of pent up delayed gratification waiting to blow it's load.
    They also want to stimulate the market. Opals may be a special case, but as for tier components, there are plenty out there if people are prepared to pay the price for them.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    They also want to stimulate the market. Opals may be a special case, but as for tier components, there are plenty out there if people are prepared to pay the price for them.
    The drop rate before the VU for higher level tier components was abysmal. Haven't tried hunting after the VU yet.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    The drop rate before the VU for higher level tier components was abysmal. Haven't tried hunting after the VU yet.
    People still managed to tier their guns though. I'm not saying it can't be tweaked, but let's try to maintain some decent markup.

Put up some auction orders at a good price and they'll get filled.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    People still managed to tier their guns though. I'm not saying it can't be tweaked, but let's try to maintain some decent markup.

The drop rate used to be higher. Some mobs were nerfed. Right before the VU was a bad situation. I'm not saying flood the game and kill all markup, but just manage it better and make it possible to tier things at the increased rate this VU seems to want to encourage.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images

And we learned our lessons from spending high dollar amounts on tiering those weapons.

I'm not saying open the floodgates on everything, but I do think the market should be adjusted on those significantly low drop rate tier components as well. I understand wanting markup in the loot, but at current drop rates even getting 300% for a tier component equates to a nominal addition to markup. I'd prefer to loot more of them and sell at 150%.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    It seems to me people forget that the highest tier components drop from mobs not doable solo for most of us. I received some T8-10 nearly every time when participating in shared-loot events with such mobs. Hence I wouldn't say the drop rate is low, rather the rate at which they are targeted. Then there are probably many stacks too small to auction in people's storages or they even get thrown away.

Edit: OP was about opals specifically, This is a different matter. I also recently sold an item which was ready for T3 because the cost was not worth it. Since opals don't go into making more unlimited items, there should be little danger with increasing the drop rate at least temporarily. If it causes a sudden flood in auctions, we know it was hoarders. If the price just normalizes, then it was too low before. If the latter is the case and that was intentional, the logic escapes us and begs an explanation.
    Last edited by San; 12-04-2019 at 16:27.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Opals over 600% and climbing... Will another resource be next?

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Let me give this thread a bump, because it makes NO SENSE to have so many players blocked and not wanting to tier just because Opals are so rare and actively being manipulated by the usual auction house scumbags.

Mindark wake up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast