Calamusoid Mission Info And Such

As far as I understand, it's a daily mission in Lahar Swamps, but I can't find anything about the reward for doing it. Does anybody know about it?

As far as I understand, it's a daily mission in Lahar Swamps, but I can't find anything about the reward for doing it. Does anybody know about it?

Blazar fragments or universal ammo. It varies.

Calamusoid Entrails = do these still drop? do they drop only from certain maturities ?

have not been able to loot 1 in several days of hunting
(and all the other parts were easy to find in sufficient amounts)

Calamusoid Entrails = do these still drop? do they drop only from certain maturities ?

have not been able to loot 1 in several days of hunting
(and all the other parts were easy to find in sufficient amounts)

Yesterday I had two drop after soloing the entire chain up to and including the three stages for the boss fight.

So it's either a 1 in ~250 drop rate, or I looted it from the boss, I'm not entirely sure.

-Sityl

Yesterday I had two drop after soloing the entire chain up to and including the three stages for the boss fight.

So it's either a 1 in ~250 drop rate, or I looted it from the boss, I'm not entirely sure.

-Sityl

Usually you get one entrail from the boss and other at the end of the mission after killing all the veterans, when you also get the buff, this if you have enough participation on the mission.

I think other calamusoids can also drop it but it's very rare. If I remember right even got one from the lowest maturity but have killed some Ks of them.

Unless I'm mistaken there is new calamusoid models in the codex which suggests the new missions will build on these

Unless I'm mistaken there is new calamusoid models in the codex which suggests the new missions will build on these

Can you elaborate on the "New Models in Codex" further? I don't understand what your stating here.

what is the Calamusoid Cyst used for?

To get those inoculations you need components that you loot of Calamosoids. Keep in mind that if you want to do the mission you'll want to hang on to the materials and let the npc in the lahar service center convert them for you the first time. Otherwise you have to go collect more when you want to complete the mission.
  • 1 x Calamusoid Skull
  • 1 x Calamusoid Blubber
  • 1 X Calamusoid Bone
  • 1 X Calamusoid Acid Discharge
  • Step 3. You'll be asked to get some implants from the creatures... just keep killing Calmusoids and randomly a popup with some mission text will show up... gotta find 4 of them. You have a chance to re-read them later from the NPC if you don't want to read them at that moment.
guess the 4 components are triggers for the "randomly a popup with some mission text will show up"? In that case weird as they are not "implants" at all :)
In any case, never saw any random popup in the swamp, is it possible that
* none of these components are dropping due to the the Calamusoid event happening (perhaps too many looted and not used)?
* the mission is broken for some other reason?

guess the 4 components are triggers for the "randomly a popup with some mission text will show up"? In that case weird as they are not "implants" at all :)
* none of these components are dropping due to the the Calamusoid event happening (perhaps too many looted and not used)?

I did spend few hours chasing this quest and didnt find single one. Cycled prolly 600 ped TT+ on lvl 5-10. Asked support in game, was told quest should be fine. But to send proper support case. (didnt send, cant be bothered)

well I did do some 3k+ tt turnover in the indicated place and got nothing as well so at least it is consistent :D
(added support case)
I did spend few hours chasing this quest and didnt find single one. Cycled prolly 600 ped TT+ on lvl 5-10. Asked support in game, was told quest should be fine. But to send proper support case. (didnt send, cant be bothered)

Last edited:
Hey, ive been killing +300 lv5 calamusoid at the position of the first mission.
Not a single Implant dropped yet.
Any trick to trigger it?
Can anyone help?

the only trick I see would be to bother support about it like I am doing
perhaps it was a side effect of the attack event and too many of the needed items looted as of the event, maybe something else, but it seems clear that mission chain is not working

the only trick I see would be to bother support about it like I am doing
perhaps it was a side effect of the attack event and too many of the needed items looted as of the event, maybe something else, but it seems clear that mission chain is not working
ok, thanks for your reply.
Will look into it tonite and let them know about the Problem.

At least i didnt lost alot of peds on these zombies haha

Cheers

Hmm that i true. I havent got any of the calamusoid parts except the entrails this week.
The medusa daily asked for 5 pills. 5 times out of 7 this week

Where's this A1 chip at?? :)

feedback
1) confirm that these "implants" are the 4 mentioned parts - so must loot all 4 for that mission part
2) MA / server restart after VU has fixed getting these parts, but after shooting for quite a while I did get like 5 of each except Blabber, so got pissed
3) found someone owning a Blabber, went with him to pvp lootable and looted the damned thing - guess it would work for all 4 parts as well

I did complete this mission yesterday after VU. Clearly something was very wrong b4, coz yesterday i did loot so many parts and before none for damn hours.

Any trick to trigger it?
Can anyone help?

Worked out yesterday.
I dont know if they fixed anything.
But this time i hunted at the entry of the Lahar swamp when you come from Lahar.
last one took a 50kills more then the other 3 but eventually i finished and went go bed happy yesterday haha.
EDIT: I also looted plenty of parts yesterday.
The day before update i killed 300 mobs w/o a single drop.

Cheers

Does anyone have screenshot the storyline ? at the last implant received near fort Lahar I pressed the red cross before finishing reading all the pages :(

:lolup:

Forget my post, I found the solution by talking to the soldier again :)

I got you covered.
I missed the first slide.

Piece of Mind Story

Can I necro this?

Really wanna know before I tt em all!

Back