PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images

Melee all the Way 2020 (Caly Edition)

Mle all the Way! [MatW] 2020 : friday 31st Jan. - sunday 2nd Feb.

Hello Calypsians, Mle-fans, and tin-can-hunters,

What is MatW!?
    I'm hosting a MatW for the second time on Calypso. Mle all the Way! is an event that stands off for a few reasons. For one, most obviously, only melee weapons are allowed to use. Second, it's free to join and you can decide for yourself how long you're going to stay. It's a free as well, no subscribtion fee or anything like that. But then, you can't go home with a big prize or anything like that either.
    MatW is about having a blast without ranged weaponry in a team with other swordfighters/ knifefighters/ brawlers / clubbers and whipping boys. It's great fun to take down the bigger mobs with melee weapons only, because you're right down there where the action is, imo. It takes coordination and skill to hunt large agressive mobs when the team isn't going to use even a small tagger. For me, that's part of the excitement and fun chaos of Mle all the Way!

Links to two previous editions of Mle all the Way:
    Summer 2019, Ark Edition
    Autumn 2017, Caly Edition

MatW 2020 is divided into five sessions, from friday evening 31st of January till sunday evening February the 2nd (Europe time). Each is a little bit different. They have a unique guideline so to speak. Following these guidelines will ensure that teammembers are on the same page.
    The five sessions are: 1) Friday evening with "Heavy Mle" 2) Saturday midday with "TT-Mle" 3) Saturday evening with "Katsuichi Krazy!" 4) Sunday midday with "Free for all". 5) Sunday evening with "Heavy Mle".
    See the end of this post for more details.

General Information, I will ...
    1) ... start at different times, lasting also different hours. See further below for what time each day.
    2) ... make a team "Calypso Mle all the Way 2020!" where everyone* who wants to can join me. As long as one uses a mle weapons that's fine by me, ie. it's a public 'free event'.
    * One day is more geared towards beginners, another for the pro's.
    3) ... hunt only using mle, not even a tagging-weapon if that can be avoided. Only I will use some kind of tagger, in rare occasions when the mobs we are hunting are too agressive, or when needed otherwise.
    4) ... hunt on Planet Calypso and perhaps on FOMA or CP.
    5) ... do my best so that you can win the following: a) Fun! b) Friends! c) Mle skills and unlocks! d) New level in Mle-prostandings! e) New Mle weapons!
    6) ... hunt and global on as many creatures as possible.

The event-rules are not too complicated:
    1) Every-one is invited. Have fun and invite your friends to share the fun. One day is more suitable for those with no or little mle skills, others for those with more.
    2) Team-rules will be set to 'Damage, stack share' and the equal sharing of items is a must. Here's hoping to looting some nice mle weapons!
    3) Your skills and gear don't matter, it's cool wether you use a Castorian from the TT, or an ber weapon, tier 8.x with enhancers, Trauma Amp and stuff. (Again, depending on the day)
    4) Only use mle weapons, shooting is a capital offense!
    5) To try to get globals from as many Calypso creatures as possible. We can't always global, but with a bit of pride I can say that we can HOF (twice now, first time on Caly)!
    6) When there's no-body to hunt with me I'll open a nice bottle of beer and pretend to have friends.

Like always, I'm doing things a little bit different every edition based on past experiences. This time it's about the free TT-weapons that I gave away last time. Now, I'm only going to do that with the "TT-Mle" Session. Period. And I'm not going to give one over and over again to the same player.
    Unfortuatly people have taken advantage of me previously with the free Manta give-aways and it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I think about it. Demanding a new one every time without a single word of thanks or appreciation. In fact, being quite rude about it.
    So this is how I will do it this time: Every teammember can get the first Castorian EnKnuckles-B (L) for free to hunt with. You can buy a second weapon, a Castorian Survival EnBlade-B (L) for only 3,00 PED and a 3rd for 7,50 PED. I will accept all loots @100%.

MatW 2020 Sessions
    Now for the different time slots of the MatW! 2020 Caly. Each slot has a guideline to make sure that team members will use roughly the same dmg/sec.

1. Friday 31st January : Heavy Mle
    Let's start with a blast and take the best melee weapon you have in game! This is for hunters with a decent amount of mle skills, say lvl 25 at least.
    Start: 18:00 MA-Time.
    End: ~22:00 MA-Time.
    Guideline: As much dmg/sec as you can handle, but at least 35 dmg/sec is prefered.

2. Saturday 1st February : TT-Mle
    This time is for those with little or no mle skills to try it out. A good team can, even with only simple TT-weapons, take down quite some strong mobs. Think like Atrax, Drone or Feffoid.
    Start: 14:00 MA-Time.
    End: 16:30 MA-Time
    Guideline: Use the Mle weapons from the TT only! Feel free to use one from a different planet if you want. (max ~5.0 dmg/sec)
    I will give away some free TT-blades for this hunt. 1st = Castorian EnKnuckles-B (L) for free. 2nd & 3rd = Castorian Survival EnBlade-B (L) for 3,00 & 7,50 PED, resp.

3. Saturday 1st February : Katsuichi Krazy!
    Katsuichi was my old sword of choice. And I know that many part-time mle hunters have one or two of these. So let's go old skool and be krazy with the Katsuichi or other old skool melee!
    End: ??? when I go to bed ???
    Guideline: Only old skool weapons (no SIB) allowed! Think of weapons like Dagger of Doom, Castorian Survival EnBlade-7, Thorifoid Battle Club, Dominax Cobra, the Katsuichi of course and other non-SIB weapons (ie. the old weapons that are maxed-out at level 100).

4. Sunday 2nd February : Free for all
    This time it's for all who wants to join, regardless of your skill and weapon. Use your newly bought TT-blade or your super-duper club.
    Start: 12:00 MA-Time.
    End: 16:00 MA-Time
    Guideline: accept each member's weapon of choose.

5. Sunday 2nd February : Heavy Mle
    Let's end is as good as it will start. Pretty much the same as friday: for hunters who are dedicated at walking the path Mle all the Way.
    End: 22:00 MA-Time
    Guideline: At least 35 dmg/sec is prefered, the more the merrier!

And just like last time ... things are subject to change!

Sharpen your blades and cya down there in the pit!,
    Ardorj
    Last edited by Ardorj; 01-05-2020 at 16:04.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    Will try to join for the heavy melee sessions, you may need a heavy hitter if you wanna do mulciber or warlock 10s :P

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    This is always a fun event.

I don't see a powerfist category , had thought there was one before.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will try to join for the heavy melee sessions, you may need a heavy hitter if you wanna do mulciber or warlock 10s :P
    Welcome! I guess those are a tough nut to crack even with a full team of heavy hitters

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    This is always a fun event.

I don't see a powerfist category , had thought there was one before.
    Welcome! The type of melee weapon you're using isn't important. I understand that "Heavy Mle" might be a confusing name for those sessions, let me think how to refrase it

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Graden (Switch) Foss
    Images
    Have fond memories of Caly 2017. Great team leadership, funny man and nice guy CrissCross AppleSauce all over the place, swirlie galore, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by GradenFoss View Post

Thank you for organizing this cool event.

And thanks to all the co-participants who made the event quite enjoyable.

Nice swirlies & l00t. Plus, finally reached 5000 pts Longblades the evening after, which for my style of playing is an accomplishment.
    So, happy about that too.

Do you know that of all things you picked the Superbowl weekend 2020?
    That′s very unfortunate, indeed.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GradenFoss View Post
    Have fond memories of Caly 2017. Great team leadership, funny man and nice guy CrissCross AppleSauce all over the place, swirlie galore, and so forth.

Do you know that of all things you picked the Superbowl weekend 2020?
    That′s very unfortunate, indeed.
    Thanks for the kind words

No, I didn't knew about the Superbowl. European and not a sports fan, it doesn't mean anything to me tbh.
    I've chosen this weekend because it's the only one in january and february that I don't have any appointment from friday till sunday

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Adi Biliwen Wen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Great Idea for an Event

If i manage to be on i will be in . but not for the noob one (won't be fair) and the old time weapon (don't have one).

I think we need more events like this.

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Hi m8 i try to join if i can

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    NBK Rangers
    Images
    Happy new year!

... and also ...

Bump for all you melee lovers out there!

Hatchling
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ardorj-Njarr
    Society
    Slaves to the Machine
    Bump for the Mele event of the year!