PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images

I think we need an expiration date on posts.

I just opened a post that was over 2 years old. Obliviously I did not know until I looked at the post which was one that I subscribed to over 2 years ago. The post was "I need to change my avatar". Had nothing to do with the subject.

I don't expect the mods to have to check them but maybe after the last post is over 6 months old it could automatically be deleted or closed. I am not sure but I think every post ever made is still in the DB. That takes a tremendous amount of space. Even an auto purge after one year. Please spare the argument about "I want to be able to look back 3 years ago" That is BS and if you do then save it for yourself. Save the mods some time and money and let the delete the old stuff.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    I disagree. Its a wealth of information and highly useful. The odd necro bump is nothing compared to what would be lost if it were all deleted. I use the forums search and end up on the forum through google searches a lot.

If anything I find it annoying that very old posts cant be edited, as we then need to re-start new threads to add things to them. So I would go for the opposite!
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1400+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Um no.

I see no reason to delete posts on here. As mentioned there is a lot of good information worth keeping.

Sure, not every post is solid gold, but we are such a small community anyways I don't think we need to resort to trying to save a couple megs of space by deleting a few posts.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    I disagree. Its a wealth of information and highly useful. The odd necro bump is nothing compared to what would be lost if it were all deleted. I use the forums search and end up on the forum through google searches a lot.

If anything I find it annoying that very old posts cant be edited, as we then need to re-start new threads to add things to them. So I would go for the opposite!
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    Um no.

I see no reason to delete posts on here. As mentioned there is a lot of good information worth keeping.

Sure, not every post is solid gold, but we are such a small community anyways I don't think we need to resort to trying to save a couple megs of space by deleting a few posts.
    Agreed, many like myself like to read over older posts. There is a wealth of info stored on here. It makes no sense to delete it all.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Delete, no.... lock to closed status after 3 years with no replies maybe.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Delete, no.... lock to closed status after 3 years with no replies maybe.
    But why? Why is there this huge stigma with being able to reply to a thread just because it's "old", who cares? If there is relevant information being posted on it who cares about the thread age or when the last post was? I mean, if you're going to leave it for 3 years why not just leave it open indefinitely? I mean is there really that many people necroposting threads from 5, 10, 15 years ago?

I don't understand what problem this would be solving? Seems like it's more an OCD thing to have everything neat an tidy and compartmentalized rather than something suggested out of real necessity to solve a burdensome problem IMO.

I think our current system of moderation is perfectly fine.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Jim Toecutter Profit
    Society
    Dark Knights[colonel] - Apprentices
    Images
    It is what it is ...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Best keeping as is in my opinion..........PCF has a wealth of knowledge and covers a large part of EU's history (which is very useful for tractability, fact-checking and even just scratching the odd curiosity itch ).

I don't see any benefit to deleting it.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Not being rude but I new I would get a ton of "Save them" posts. Doesn't anyone realize this is the not the same game is was a year ago let alone 5 or 10 years ago ? I would like someone to show me a post from 3 years ago that is relevant today that is not addressed in a newer post. The play is completely different than 5 years let alone 10-15 years ago. I will, however, say that if the information has to with something like mob location that would be fine but I think that most of the locations have changed over the years.

Truly I mean no offense to anyone just a suggestion that might lead to a little less work on the mods and less strain on the DB which has got to huge by now.

BTW unless you are 711 or Sceria(sp) or another moderator the is no "We" it is them doing all the work. Here again no offense.
    Last edited by CozMoDan; 12-08-2019 at 15:38.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    KenoZuki TheGreySoldier OneOfMany
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    Not being rude but I new I would get a ton of "Save them" posts. Doesn't anyone realize this is the not the same game is was a year ago let alone 5 or 10 years ago ?.
    Hear Hear
    If you're interested in buying CHEAP Pills, Strongboxes, or other fun items; Please Click Here
    Always buying more fruit
    Discord: KenoZuki#2091
    IGN: KenoZuki TheGreySoldier OneOfMany

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast