Help: D3D Error after VU17 release.

Thanks MA for taking care of problem ! All ready in game playing .. with my old pc config :yay::yay::yay:

MA your patched fixed it, thank you!!

Rgds

Ace

I just can't understand how people cry about a 100 euros graphic card update, a 20 euros windows 10 licence BUT can afford to play this game....

I completely team up with The Prophet on this one !

We are soon in 2020, it's time to live up in your decade...stop the whining and blaming other people for what only you can change...nobody's gonna buy you a new computer and we won't wait for you...with such mindsets, you won't be missed....

of course, lots of love to everyone. :grouphug:

All their money is in the game.. stuck in "investments"

You are free to have an opinion, but that's MA we are communicating the problem to,
and not to your enlighted majesté.
game is running just fine on old hardware and this kickoff look like more artificial obsolescence... it can be reversed in few clicks with a bit of will... even if it's just for safemode.
Same with people going on rampage and insulting etc, have some comon sense, this is usually the longest way to get listened.

edit: seems last patch today was about this
we now get a warning about DX11 not being supported and display problems it can bring, then game start as before !
thanks MA!

Don't forget, this pach is just temporary! It will get removed in future. You just got more time to change your GC/PC/Laptop.

i heard someone mention WARP to emulate higher DX version that hardware support,
anyone tested such already ? Can be used to play a game or will be for debug mostly unplayable ?
i'm using old igpu here and dont plan to upgrade anytime, i'll explore alternatives when time is due.

i heard someone mention WARP to emulate higher DX version that hardware support,
anyone tested such already ? Can be used to play a game or will be for debug mostly unplayable ?
i'm using old igpu here and dont plan to upgrade anytime, i'll explore alternatives when time is due.

Today you can get a PC with dx11 for about 300$ or less (second hand) I can't understand, why ppl use very old systems to play games.

I dont need to replace totally fonctionnal material, it's not about cost

Still get the same error, and with my GTX860M card it shouldent be any problems.

Pedsaving VU17 :D

Still get the same error, and with my GTX860M card it shouldent be any problems.

without having all details and things to x-test with ..its very hard to say...so i only list some generic "could be" things here

but best direction could be the thing hijacker mentioned on your first posts...

IF you have like "2" cards in the laptop (sharing option AND a dedicated card) then
.its about the driver/control panel not using the dedicated(better) card for entropia...is uses the shared one imo and that one isnt doing the job... // several reasons for this...like power savings etc

+ also a thing is if you use ONLY the internal display OR you have an external monitor attached ...some notebook outputs are a bit different depending on model etc...

--> test it with only internal display first...

+ then also some config issue (windows /driver etc)

+ maybe a bug from entropia itself (might be good to talk to some1 who also has "2" cards

maybe also a pc professional to look after all the stuff and then you can do a support case too...

+ https://www.geforce.com/drivers

atm latest version is 441.66 if you dont have the latest driver...then update it and test.... also in reverse IF you have the latest driver...downgrade 2 or 3 versions as testing ( i had to do this too on my older card)

( this is all for the Unsupported message... if you have other error messages then you might need to look into all deeper)

GL ,
Eddie

What windows version do you use? If ppl would write some more info (win version, GC, and any more info you may have) maybe some of us could help to find out what is wrong. Also write a suport case with all info MA need to know, could help.

Windows 10 home 64 bit.

Allready did supportcase and they told me to reinstall the game, did 2 complete uninstalls and reinstalls.

Last answer I got from them was:
Hi enzo,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

And then they just closed the supportcase.

Windows 10 home 64 bit.

Allready did supportcase and they told me to reinstall the game, did 2 complete uninstalls and reinstalls.

Last answer I got from them was:
Hi enzo,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

And then they just closed the supportcase.

I'm not a laptop expert but I've owned several. Every one that I've had was built for a certain OS and it is labeled on the device, IE: "Built for Windows 10" or XP or..

Upgrading the OS is always an "ify" situation on a laptop. Most things work fine, there always seems to be something that isn't quite right. I'm guessing you have a Win 8.1 or Win 8 device, at any rate your video card doesn't look like it's certified for Win 10.

annotation_2019-12-13_124021.jpg

Best of luck to you.

Since you use a laptop, whith good DX11 GPU and OS.
As already said by several people, the first thing to do is to check that EU starts with the right card, not the integrated chipset.

It's usualy automated whith most games, but for some reason I had to do it manually for EU.

In Nvidia control panel, something like 3D parameters/Programs parameters, then find EU.exe and set it to start whith the NVidia card.

I'm guessing you have a Win 8.1 or Win 8 device, at any rate your video card doesn't look like it's certified for Win 10.

annotation_2019-12-13_124021.jpg

Best of luck to you.

Entropia supports Windows Vista, Windows 7 and everything M$ 'produced' after that.

It doesn't need to be certified for Windows 10. It just needs to be DX11 with up to date drivers.
DX10 cards will work for now, but support will be removed at a later time.

Entropia supports Windows Vista, Windows 7 and everything M$ 'produced' after that.

It doesn't need to be certified for Windows 10. It just needs to be DX11 with up to date drivers.
DX10 cards will work for now, but support will be removed at a later time.

Yes I think if he installs the proper windows on his computer EU will work fine.

Yes I think if he installs the proper windows on his computer EU will work fine.
Windows 10 home 64 bit.
He has a proper Windows.

I suggest, go into BIOS, slam DELETE or F2 as soon as you turn on Power, to get in there.
Then Check if there is an option to prioritize the NVidia over the Igpu.
If the NVidia is prioritized, all games and software that use GPU will be using NVidia, and EU should run then.
And ofc don't forget to save when leaving the BIOS, if you made a change.
In case Igpu was prioritized before, well you will be in for a ride.
(Maybe you could tell what CPU is in there, as that is where the Igpu is on, if it's a intel)
It looks like the Igpu is not DX11 compatible, hence why it did run before on DX9.
And ofc assuming everything is up to date, Windows, GPU drivers, Intel drivers, blah blah.
Don't turn the Igpu off (in the BIOS) as you could use that to render video's with the proper software, in case you use that.
If this still isn't working after this was setup correctly, there is another thing that could cause this to happen, but i'm not even going to try to explain that here.
And normally I would suggest to update the BIOS also, but better stay away from it if you have no clue, as you could break the BIOS and basicly the motherboard would be scrap, if it went wrong.
In case this was mentioned before, sorry, I didn't read all posts.

And he even has DX12 on that GTX860m

:offtopic:
If MA read this, maybe they could spread the load on the CPU a little better over the cores instead of relying mostly on single core.
(Which would ofc improve the smootness of the game alot, as there are sometimes spikes on that 1 core, And would result in a bottleneck, for sure on slower CPU's)
Not sure if that is possible with the old Cryengine, but imo it should be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried just now to use WARP to emulate DX11 and got the same error than you seems to have,
did you try to use dxcpl to change settings ? if so you may want to revert back to default, and disable 'force warp'

i tried just now to use WARP to emulate DX11 and got the same error than you seems to have,
did you try to use dxcpl to change settings ? if so you may want to revert back to default, and disable 'force warp'

Did you try, what Jan posted before? If your system use the integradet grafic, then maybe it can't run DX11. So you need to setup the bios, so that it use the GPU of the extra grafic acceleretor. A lot systems (near every) have also a integrated grafic into the cpu. If EU choose this integrated grafic, and your cpu is a older typ, then maybe it even can't run DX11 on that. You can handle this into the bios settup, like Jan has described before.

My post was destined to Chris Enzo, in others thread on the problem some people talked about this WARP thing so if Enzo tried it, it could be the reason he get the error now, just reverting the dxcpl settings to default will fix it,
if you didnt touch this yea it's not relevant.
My EU work again since the last MA patch but i get the DX11 not supported warning message, so i'm searching a software fix for future :D

About to give up on this laptop Lenovo Y50.

Ity was delivered with Windows 8,1 from the start and I upgraded to Win 10.

Tried the latest drivers supplied by Lenovo, tried the latest drivers supplied by Nvidia, no change.

Bios only have 2 options,
1: "switchable graphics" Integrated / Nvidia card
2: Use integrated only

So I cant force laptop to use Nvidia only.

Have all the latest drivers for hardware/bios supplied by Lenovo and Microsoft.

About to give up on this laptop Lenovo Y50.

Ity was delivered with Windows 8,1 from the start and I upgraded to Win 10.

Tried the latest drivers supplied by Lenovo, tried the latest drivers supplied by Nvidia, no change.

Bios only have 2 options,
1: "switchable graphics" Integrated / Nvidia card
2: Use integrated only

So I cant force laptop to use Nvidia only.

Have all the latest drivers for hardware/bios supplied by Lenovo and Microsoft.

Does this thread help you?

Got some strange graphics glitches when my comp restarted on medium settings and I tried to go back to low and safe combo, but after relog things were ok. Yes, I'm getting the warning message as part of logon, which invisibles the mouse when trying to click, ok, by the way .... but for now, all is good again.
TY, MA, for reallowing access for 'older' systems and cards again for now.

Did this ever get resolved? I have identical laptop lenovoY70 (almost), gfx card (860m) and same problem!

Thanks for the great suggestions, got the same error on my old laptop and after toggling my desktop resolution now it even works with the highest resolution again.

Back