Help: D3D Error after VU17 release.

The error msg I got came after the main VU17 release.

(D3D Error Could not find any copatible Direct3D device.)

I dont get any problems with my Radeon RX 580 8GB. Everything is set to highest setting and it run smoth and looks much better as pre vu17.

Same and I am using a RX 570 8GB....I really wonder what computer these guys use...

I dont get any problems with my Radeon RX 580 8GB. Everything is set to highest setting and it run smoth and looks much better as pre vu17.

Same, much improved graphics with my RX 470 4GB.

I'm seeing a pattern...

Yeah, good for RX, not good for Nvidia:mad:

Nope, i know Nvidia users, where also don't have problems, and they use also older cards. Maybe take a look to the drivers, and reinstall the GC and install from scratch... dunno, need more info so i may could help. Also open dxdiag and look if there is any problem with DX11.

MR CEO !!!--THE GAME NEED TO HAVE A SAFE MODE TO BE ABLE TO WORK EVEN TO A PHONE OR OLD PC!!! THINK ON THAT! be resonable...please...

calm down a bit :)

It is not realy easy and possible, that EU run on Phone without making a 2. version especial for mobile use. There are too many limitation on mobile platforms. And... as i know, EU have a save mode!

1 day passed, but D3D error still here:mad:
Btw, I use DirectX12 and dxdiag shows that everything works smooth.

1 day passed, but D3D error still here:mad:
Btw, I use DirectX12 and dxdiag shows that everything works smooth.

What GC u use? and did you try to deinstall the GC and reinstall all drivers again. Do u use the latest driver. Any more info maybe help to imagine the problem. Did you also send a support case?

You also need to have a propper dx11 settup. DX12 alone will not work!

Nope, i know Nvidia users, where also don't have problems, and they use also older cards. Maybe take a look to the drivers, and reinstall the GC and install from scratch... dunno, need more info so i may could help. Also open dxdiag and look if there is any problem with DX11.

Thanks for taking a look Trance.

So I opened Dxdiag and on DirectX Version : Direct X 11;
Then I clicked on help and found this *If you're having trouble getting game animation or a movie to run properly, you should run DirectX Diagnostic Tool to try to find the source of the problem.*
So I clicked to open DirectX diagnostic Tool then selected Displayand on Notes it wrote :*no problems found *
The Chip Type: Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

Thanks for taking a look Trance.

So I opened Dxdiag and on DirectX Version : Direct X 11;
Then I clicked on help and found this *If you're having trouble getting game animation or a movie to run properly, you should run DirectX Diagnostic Tool to try to find the source of the problem.*
So I clicked to open DirectX diagnostic Tool then selected Displayand on Notes it wrote :*no problems found *
The Chip Type: Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...s-cards/5/97298/9600gt-capable-of-directx-11/

Seems this card is not realy nice working with DX11

*9600GT doesnt support hardware dx11, but it will support software dx11 using w7 as the OS*

Do you have win 7 or later version?

Last edited:
Not surprised Trance.

All I want is to play it on Safe Mode.

I really don't understand MA.

It's like you can play our game but only if ....

Instead of welcoming everyone and anyone.

maybe there is a problem with the software version of dx11, about on your card, only the software dx 11 will run. So it needs win 7 or higher also. You may also need to reinstall THIS SOFTWARE DX11 version on your PC.

I understand why MA changed to DX11, this step was much need to get the game a new view. But maybe the date, short for Xmas was a bad choice.

we cant help you guys further if you always dodge the question what windows you use.

- What Windows you use (WinXP or Win7 or WinVista or Win10)
- What Bit Version is your Windows (32bit or 64bit)
- What Graphics Card you use (Nvidia 9700 TI or such)
- Do you have 2 Graphics Cards and is one of them a build in card?
- What tells your DXDIAG about "Direct3D Acceleration" at your Graphics Adapter? ("Available" or "Not Available")

Without these infos wont tell you to modify registry entries.

we cant help you guys further if you always dodge the question what windows you use.

- What tells your DXDIAG about "Direct3D Acceleration" at your Graphics Adapter? ("Available" or "Not Available")

May also want to ask, are you using a virtual machine, if they answer yes to this, then thats the problem, no VM's support DX11 at this time no matter how good a graphics card you have as they need direct access to the GPU, not virtualised graphics. Goodbye to a lot of alt accounts unless the whole family comes back and lives under the same roof again :laugh:

Reactions: Liu
What GC u use? and did you try to deinstall the GC and reinstall all drivers again. Do u use the latest driver. Any more info maybe help to imagine the problem. Did you also send a support case?

You also need to have a propper dx11 settup. DX12 alone will not work!

All drivers work properly, game reinstall won't help here same as support case. Bug appeared only after this patch so problem is in the patch not our PC's.

Lets hope for a patch with a fix, "fingers crossed"

Last edited:

I use Vista, 32 bit, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT, I don't think so, Direct 3D Acceleration Enabled

I use Vista, 32 bit, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT, I don't think so, Direct 3D Acceleration Enabled

you need to find out, that dx11 software solution run properly. How i told, your card don't support hardware dx11.

May solo4711 have an idea about this?

maybe it's time to upgrade your windows, and finally go 64 bit, when soon even windows 7 isn't supported anymore.

btw vista is the windows version all nerds skipped for a good reason :laugh:

PS: support for vista ended april 2017. maybe it's really about time ;)

maybe it's time to upgrade your windows, and finally go 64 bit, when soon even windows 7 isn't supported anymore.

btw vista is the windows version all nerds skipped for a good reason :laugh:

PS: support for vista ended april 2017. maybe it's really about time ;)

Prophet do you really think you're helping with this type of comment?
Is this really useful?

It's like we want you to play our game, but you need to be good enough, cool enough, seriously am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?
I am so happy Prophet that they managed to fix the facemask and because of this I don't get to play. Yeah, that was really necessary.

Prophet do you really think you're helping with this type of comment?
Is this really useful?
Yeah, that was really necessary.

yes i think it is useful. people can't ignore the state of their operating system for years, and then bitch about mindark and demand any fixes, in my humble opinion.

yes i think it is useful. people can't ignore the state of their operating system for years, and then bitch about mindark and demand any fixes, in my humble opinion.

I agree Prophet...

People Direct X 11 was released with Windows 7 (July 22, 2009) some 10 years and 6 months ago.....

to the people who are Raging about MA....
You mean to say your using a PC that is older than 10 years....
You want to play a game that is using technology that is 10 years old on hardware that is older than that?

at what point do you look at yourself and not the company that is trying to move forward... why so stuck in the past?

if you cannot afford the hardware I don't think MA would miss your contribution to the economy as the hardware is far cheaper than any one of my contributions to MA's coffers.....

Tired of the whining...

PostHistory PostHistory Hax.

So much useless comments here..

For those still having this issue and saying they have DX11 or 12 installed, your card is probably too old and CAN'T use DX11.
So indeed DX diag shows you no problem, but that don't means your card can run DX11.

9600 GT can't run DX11.

I think your only hope is to upgrade your windows. My advice, upgrade to windows 10 (guide: upgrading from vista to 10).

Not even for the game itself, you are currently open wide to many well known OS-level vulnerabilities. Keep in mind Windows Vista support ended in 2017, and Windows 7 support will end in a couple of weeks.

After the upgrade you should be able to play, your GPU supports software DX11 for Windows 7 and above I think (EDIT: seems not, sorry :(). Otherwise upgrade your GPU, any cheapo card with 1-2Gb of VRAM will do (GTX 1030 or 730 are like $50 or so, and they support DX12).

Say if you need help.

Last edited:
Isn't 9600 GT a DX10 GPU ? :confused:

Yes, that is the issue. The 9600 GT wont work with hardware DirectX 11. You should be able to buy a replacement very cheaply on Ebay, just make sure your PSU can handle it before you get it.

As for downgrading to Windows 10, I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are running Windows 7 (here come the posts telling me what I already know....)

Possibly, I don't know. But I would give it a try before buying a new one just to be sure.

I think it depends of the model and date of GC since first GF9 were released at begining of 2008, 1 year before DX11.

But since he uses Vista, that supports DX11, and have it installed, I guess there is great chances that his 9600GT model is a DX10 GPU.

I just can't understand how people cry about a 100 euros graphic card update, a 20 euros windows 10 licence BUT can afford to play this game....

I completely team up with The Prophet on this one !

We are soon in 2020, it's time to live up in your decade...stop the whining and blaming other people for what only you can change...nobody's gonna buy you a new computer and we won't wait for you...with such mindsets, you won't be missed....

of course, lots of love to everyone. :grouphug:

You are free to have an opinion, but that's MA we are communicating the problem to,
and not to your enlighted majesté.
game is running just fine on old hardware and this kickoff look like more artificial obsolescence... it can be reversed in few clicks with a bit of will... even if it's just for safemode.
Same with people going on rampage and insulting etc, have some comon sense, this is usually the longest way to get listened.

edit: seems last patch today was about this
we now get a warning about DX11 not being supported and display problems it can bring, then game start as before !
thanks MA!

Last edited:
Back