PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

The Mission Galactica Conundrum, The Resto Chip

This age old mission has done many well but like many things that have been revamped in the game, it is time! We are at an impasse if you have this Mission. All new players are offered this mission and as someone who has owned one of these must have UL - Resto chips on a few occasions. Think we need to address the elephant in the room.

There is ZERO reason to ever do this mission Again as the cost is 5,000 PED TT and the chip recently sold for under 4,000 PED. I know it boggles the mind. Each of the 2 times I have owned a Resto chip I have bought it for well under 5k TT value and so I am currently on Stage 4 with no reason to ever complete it.

Yes there is the Divine Chip and I do love completing missions but I still can buy the Divine Chip and Adj Resto Chip for cheaper then the cost of the mission. It's sad that this Mission wasn't ever protected and maintained. It was just allowed to take a nose dive if you will and now we are in the current situation.

Like many out there I am sure you are in my spot you have this mission but there isn't any compelling reason to complete it. So what do we do?

We revamp it and do something that hasn't been done so well at times in this game "We protect" the investment of doing the mission.

My first suggestion is......

Since the cost of the Adj Resto chip is 5,000 PED TT that if for some reason a player is looking to either "CASH" out or make a quick sale that this chip should be able to be sold back to the NPC mission broker for 5,000 PED.

This solves many issues, first it protects the value of the chip at the 5,000 PED price tag. Second and this is most important this raises the MU on oils and the MU on the chip. The reason is that if players do cash out and want to sell the chip to the NPC it removes the chip from circulation making the remaining chips more valuable. Also increasing MU on oils for people looking to complete stage of the Mission Galactica. Hence stimulating the Economy!

This will mean there is always a reason to do this mission because no matter what you are maintaining the TT value of the chip. MA loses nothing and gains happy players that feel confident about depositing to grind this mission and attain one of these chips.

Currently I would love and I am sure many other hunters would love to finish the Mission Galactica Chain for the joy of completing it and also getting an awesome item at the end. I personally would love to work toward one of the higher chips, either Imp or Mod chips but there is "NO WAY" this is even remotely viable with the fact that the Adj Chip sells for over 1k less that the TT value.

So please MA it's time you revamp this mission and it's a very simple fix with my above proposal. We need to fix the mission or get rid of it.

PS- Thanks for the Resto L chips as this is greatly appreciated and now I have a way to put those high lvl Biotropic skills to use. This was a great move and welcomed

Thanks Abomb
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,901 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

It was easy predictable this would happen from the day they introduced this mission, refunding any money spend on it is like asking them to pay back all the money they made with this so far.

Mindark also might not care at all and let the mission become obsolete, who knows

Possible fixes would be :

Account bound (Hope this never happens)
    Adjusting costs for the mission chain (only a temp fix)
    Adding another highly demanded reward at the end of the chain that require to turn in more resto chips as you created with your mission.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    Items have always lost value over time as more and more enter game. This would be a very bad idea.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Items have always lost value over time as more and more enter game. This would be a very bad idea.
    You are mission the point....

Items have always lost value but they don't go below TT value! You aren't going to sell a weapon that is worth 5,000 PED TT value on auction for 4,000 PED. You could just go to the TT machine. That is the same with the Resto chips. They are worth 5,000 PED TT and should be able to be sold for 5,000 PED TT to the NPC. Again that is ZERO MU. Just asking to keep TT value ROFL....

We are just talking about maintaining the TT value of the mission. We are also asking for a reason to ever do this mission again. We are also asking for ways to stimulate the economy and maybe just maybe get Oils over 100.50% MU.

From MA's view a new player they want to Cycle PED on missions. Does the new player start the Mission Galactica or instead just buy it for the chip for under TT value on auction saving time and PED cycled?

Again we can remove the mission as well. However it can't stay as it currently is either.

So suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by The Abomb; 12-08-2019 at 17:49.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    But they don't have 5k PED TT.

They cost ~5k PED to make, fine but that's markup and not TT. The fact that the markup is paid to MA instead of a player makes no difference to me. Should CLD have some kind of protection for going below 1000 PED? Compets surely didn't, why should resto chips be different?

I get the frustration, but like others have said most items lose value over time.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    However it can't stay as it currently is either.
    Actually it can stay the way it currently is....MA technically don't have to change anything.
    Obviously us players would like to get the TT value spent back on the chip instead of the small 30 something ped value. But just because you spend 5K ped or more to get the chip, doesn't mean that the chip is worth that much. If it was worth that much then there would not be people selling the chip for less than what they paid for it. Also that would mean the divine chip should have a 0ped value if you make the resto chip worth 5K ped. That divine chip being added is one of the contributing factors in why the resto chip is not worth the 5K ped. You can make up the difference by selling that chip as well.

The chip in itself is a fantastic healing tool for a solo player, it allows you to hunt higher mobs that would require either more armor or more time to kill due to having to stop shooting and heal yourself over and over. The fact that it costs hardly anything to use as well is a big factor. If you are a hunter, it makes sense to get that chip, whether you buy from someone else or do the mission. But for someone to sell that chip to you, means someone else did the mission and spent the 5K tt + mu to get the chip in the first place.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    But they don't have 5k PED TT.

They cost ~5k PED to make, fine but that's markup and not TT. The fact that the markup is paid to MA instead of a player makes no difference to me. Should CLD have some kind of protection for going below 1000 PED? Compets surely didn't, why should resto chips be different?

I get the frustration, but like others have said most items lose value over time.
    The exact TT value of the Adj Resto Chip is 5,100.05 PED. We have known this for a long time and has a wonderful thread explaining the TT value already for each stage here.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...sion-Galactica

I am not frustrated, I am trying to help improve the game and revamp a dead mission that there is no point to currently partake in. I don't have a dog in the race except to improve the game for the players new and old because why not? I don't currently own this chip and I didn't lose money on this chip. Thanks

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    The exact TT value of the Adj Resto Chip is 5,100.05 PED. We have known this for a long time and has a wonderful thread explaining the TT value already for each stage here.
    The max TT value of adj resto is 48 PED. [link]

Are we redefining what TT value means now? Also, I totally forgot about the divine chip. Will you sell your divine for 0 PED?

Sorry, this thread makes no sense to me.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    What about all those players that spent 30K+ PED on tiering their gear? Should they ALL get compensated since that was PED spent to MA that now comes back as shrapnel?

MA would probably go bankrupt if they paid all the tier costs back all at once.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    The max TT value of adj resto is 48 PED. [link]

Are we redefining what TT value means now? Also, I totally forgot about the divine chip. Will you sell your divine for 0 PED?

Sorry, this thread makes no sense to me.
    Baffled how it doesn't make sense. Are you just not trying to see the big picture on purpose. The TT vale of the Chip is 5,100.05 PED. That is what it cost to make it if you have the materials. Now are you going to take those materials to the TT and get back 5,100.05 PED or turn in a mission and get something worth 1k+ less? It isn't complicated Which means there is no reason to EVER do the mission....... Which is the point of the thread and to open up suggestions and discussion.

You aren't going to spend 5,100 PED to make something worth 4k PED. Again back at the issue which is the Mission Galactica mission. So what next? Just felt like opening up a dialog about it. Since the mission can't be done as it currently is because you aren't going to sped 5,100 TT PED to make a 4k item. Sigh...

Sorry but there really is no other way to look at the chip then it having a TT value of 5,100.05 PED. So if you disagree there then oh well.... you have a different view on things I guess.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast