Entropia Universe 17.0.2 Release Notes

Good for you that it worked but, not all of us have the possibility to change our video cards and other stuff from our "old" pc's so we have to complain untill the issue is fixed. My opinion.

ye i can understand you...but prob is....it was announced some time ago..that from VU 17 the game needs a DX11 compatible graphic card...otherwise it wont work anymore...

"DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED"

Well, yes, this indicates that your graphics card or driver isn't supporting this DirectX11 feature.
DX11 is rather old at this point though so, what might help people on older hardware/integrated graphics, would be to do a clean install of graphics drivers (remove old first, then install new), run Windows update (some integrated graphics have drivers there, Note: when doing manual Windows Update, be sure to check under the "Optional Updates", since they're usually under that, and are not selected to be installed automatically), and for explicitly for those that have integrated graphics, look for updates on manufacturers sites.

Edit: You can also see your DX version by pressing windows-button + R to open "Run menu", and typing in: dxdiag

Edit 2: If this isn't helping, you probably need new gear... or emulate DX11, with something like WARP https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3darticles/directx-warp
Which is well, not fun.
A somewhat of a how-to on that: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/running-dx11-features-and-shader-level-5-0-on-a-dx10-gpu.371483/

Last edited:
Good for you that it worked but, not all of us have the possibility to change our video cards and other stuff from our "old" pc's so we have to complain untill the issue is fixed. My opinion.

There are many ways, to get a cheap DX11 grafic card! If you cant change the GC nor install a DX11 driver, then is maybe time to change the PC/Laptop, what ever you use. Most games today run dx11 and also dx12.

There are many ways, to get a cheap DX11 grafic card! If you cant change the GC nor install a DX11 driver, then is maybe time to change the PC/Laptop, what ever you use. Most games today run dx11 and also dx12.

Exactly… dx11 reease whas July , 2015 and dx12 March , 2017

Back