Entropia Universe 17.0.3 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
DX11 Information:
!
For your computer to have DirectX 11 support, you need two components: the software, and compatible hardware.
The DirectX 11 API (the software component) usually comes by default with Windows.
You can check the version of the DirectX API installed on your computer by looking at your dxdiag, listed as DirectX Version.
The hardware component refers to your graphics card. Cards older than Nvidia's 400 GT series or AMD's HD 5000 series will come with an older version of DirectX and will not be compatible with DirectX 11, even if you have it installed.
If you're not sure which version of DirectX your graphics card supports, you can, as with the API version, check on your dxdiag. It will be listed as DDI Version on the Display tab.
If your graphics card supports DirectX 10, but you have the DirectX 11 API installed, you still only have DirectX 10 support.
Likewise if your graphics card supports DirectX11, but you only have the DirectX 10 API installed. You will always only have support for the older version between the two.
!
In this patch, fallback support for DirectX 10 is added. Essentially, this means that when the API detects that you have a graphics card that only supports DirectX 10, it will fall back to using DirectX 10.
However, this fallback may be removed in the future when we add graphical features that DirectX 10 cannot handle. If your graphics card does not support DirectX 11, we recommend upgrading to a newer card before the fallback support is removed.
!
Changes

• Event list is now again under main context menu -> system
!
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue that caused the screenshot action to give corrupted screenshots
  • Fixed an issue that caused some inventory icons to show up corrupted
!
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

• Fixed an issue that caused the screenshot action to give corrupted screenshots

Really appreciate this fix. Tested as working at 1680x1050 resolution. Thank you. :xmas:

Well, may I be second in thanking you for this information, which cancels out some of my previous comments elsewhere.
I'm not at the problem computer, so I don't know whether things will work again. All I can reiterate is that the original vu17 worked, and the patch then didn't, so I know it would be possible for EU to still work for me at present. Dxdiag says I have DirectX 11.

Perhaps one important point. You write: In this patch, fallback support for DirectX 10 is added.
Do you perhaps mean "re-added"? - as in, what difference was there between vu17, the 'bad' patch, and this new patch?

Anyway, thanks for the communication and better clarity!

In this patch, fallback support for DirectX 10 is added. Essentially, this means that when the API detects that you have a graphics card that only supports DirectX 10, it will fall back to using DirectX 10.
However, this fallback may be removed in the future when we add graphical features that DirectX 10 cannot handle. If your graphics card does not support DirectX 11, we recommend upgrading to a newer card before the fallback support is removed.

Reading the above, it might be worth considering an upgrade if you have experienced issues, make sure it is compatible with your motherboard / case / PSU though.

https://uk.bestreviews.guide/budget-graphics-cards?

thx for an upgrd, but there was a critical fps dropdown when watching item info, perhaps it was of 3d model in it.
is there any fixes or I have an a exclusive?

cant play the game, tryed relogging 5 times, i can see people global, see pm's, but nothing loads in and i cant do anything

im in fort fury btw

aa7a1a127cdc8b58a66b4e03bcb5d750.jpg

now im gonna try reinstalling the game and see if that helps

thx for an upgrd, but there was a critical fps dropdown when watching item info, perhaps it was of 3d model in it.
is there any fixes or I have an a exclusive?

No, I check, same for me, but only when hunting....weird. In SC, no changes to frame rate.

Reinstalling WORKED i can play the game again :D

cant play the game, tryed relogging 5 times, i can see people global, see pm's, but nothing loads in and i cant do anything

im in fort fury btw

aa7a1a127cdc8b58a66b4e03bcb5d750.jpg

now im gonna try reinstalling the game and see if that helps

It takes a lot of work to release even a small patch, good job MA on the aggressive release schedule. :cool:

*** However, this fallback may be removed in the future when we add graphical features that DirectX 10 cannot handle. If your graphics card does not support DirectX 11, we recommend upgrading to a newer card before the fallback support is removed. ***

Just for PPL with old GC. Use that time to exchange your grafic/pc, what ever, so it will run harware and software DX11.

Back