Mousewheel Detection / Touchpad Zoom Bug

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
This is mainly for laptop players.

It appears that the client detects the presence of a hardware mouse wheel on startup, and if one is not present at launch, the zoom will not work - even if you add a physical wheel after startup.

To elaborate:

Scenario 1:

Start client with no physical mouse - touchpad only with standard 2-finger zoom. Zoom will not work, even though it does work in other apps.

Connect physical mouse; mouse works, but scroll wheel does not.

Scenario 2:

Start client with physical mouse connected. Physical scroll wheel works, and so does 2-finger zoom on touchpad.

Remove physical mouse; 2-finger zoom on touchpad still works.

Suggestion:

It appears the code disables zoom altogether if a physical wheel is not detected on launch. Please remove this code so that virtual zoom is always supported.

It has been like this since i started in 2006. Never ever connect a mouse after launching PE!

Rgds

Ace

It has been like this since i started in 2006. Never ever connect a mouse after launching PE!

Kind of a bummer that it's that old, that means they are not likely to address it. I guess I never noticed since I usually play on a desktop, but lately been on the laptop more.

Maybe an alternate option is for them to add zoom in and out as action library commands so we can map them to KB.

This seems fixed for me now, did MA sneak one in under the radar?

If so, thanks lads! It's the little things... :yay:

Back