WoF 2020... Hunt for your country! TRIBUTE TOURNAMENT

Nice to see you back. Loved WoF before and will shoot for team GB or England or whatever is decided ;) :yay::yay:

Imo one of the best part of this mmporg is community, in last years lot of players left because we lost the pleasure to play/show up to meet other passionate players over the world; FoF and WoF were a really great appointment, I had a stronger desire to know other connationals irl, after those matches; as a noob (that I'm still now :ahh:) was fantastic even only meet and chat with those farest uber with their shining long dreamed armor and gear and learn anything I could. My ped card always cries, but I was lucky enough to grow a bit in the game, I mean I'm not rich, but for sure I'm dumb enough to do my best to join, dunno if I'll shoot for three hours or three minutes, I don't mind any prizes, I never joined for those. It was for the laugh we had on skype with my team, chatting with judges, with opponents and the frenzy kicking mobs.
If you don't have the will or time to study a strategy no problem, just gather a team and hunt how much and what you desire, with the only rule to reach a starting/stopping waypoint, what's better?
(and who knows? Maybe some prizes will come eventually!)

Join us Fanan, just for fun :)

DRM

Squadra Italia ALWAYS entertained. The WoF wouldn't be the same without them. To this day, to get three globals consecutively in chat without a gap is called "doing an Italian." :)

Is WOF an acronym? I read all 3 pages of this thread hoping to find out and not once did anyone bother to say what the letters WOF stand for... What does it mean?

Yes it is World of Firepower. I think the first WoF may have been around 2007. I know I first participated in 2008.

WoF is basically Country based teams competing against each other like a virtual Olympics.

It was one of the best ways of people meeting in comradeship with a common goals.

Many friendships were made both local and overseas. Many meet ups were made in those days. I remember attending one in Melbourne Australia were 30 plus of the Australian team met and had an afternoon and night together. These people travelled from all over Australia and even New Zealand. Deathifier and David from Arkadia were there. This was before David established Arkadia. Great time had by all and some great friendships formed.

Entropia was more of a community based project. Missions while great for building up skills etc have changed a lot of entropia time more a one on one basis.

Team hunts, meetings at market towns, and just generally hanging out together was a major part of the game play. Of course this still goes on however a lot less as as we all become mission based.

Things like WoF bring players together that may not generally do so and is a big positive for the game.

Type 'WoF Entropia' into google for related links

Excerlent news :yay::yay:

And love the prizes being "good feelings" and kudos - so much better that way :)

2 months to get Team WoF Wales in action!!

Excerlent news :yay::yay:

And love the prizes being "good feelings" and kudos - so much better that way :)

2 months to get Team WoF Wales in action!!

Dirk is trying to get a Team GB together if you're not feeling too Plaid Cymru after the election :D

Dirk is trying to get a Team GB together if you're not feeling too Plaid Cymru after the election :D

Heehee. Dont get me started on the state of the UK.

I like the idea of Team GB, but my heart is with competing with Team Wales, even if it is 4 of us - would be odd to enter a WoF on Planet Calypso as anything else :)

Feeling more Plaid after all that! Wales has to have a WoF team sorry :yay:

Yay!! Welcome back and that's for starting this again! I am in! (Along with my soc ofc)

Yay!! Welcome back and that's for starting this again! I am in! (Along with my soc ofc)

Can't we leave the real world out of this and just have society competition or something besides nation against nation?

Can't we leave the real world out of this and just have society competition or something besides nation against nation?

Nice idea however the interest originally created by WoF, Nation against Nation far exceeds the appeal that may be raised in trying to get different Societies to compete against each other.

Much more fun to compete against another nation than your next door neighbour.

Nice idea however the interest originally created by WoF, Nation against Nation far exceeds the appeal that may be raised in trying to get different Societies to compete against each other.

Much more fun to compete against another nation than your next door neighbour.

Agreed, if enough National teams take an interest I may refine the rules... but for now we just want teams. This event is happening a bit out of the blue but whether it ends up as a fun tribute or a full-on tournament is yet to be seen.

Hurrikane

Oh what great news :)
I want WoF Sweden to wake up

Great! Team leaders should make a thread for each county :>

I was the lowest player on team USA last time … hunted Merps
not a whole lot better now :> But willing to try!

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Yay, WOF is back! :yay::yay::yay: I'm in for Team Wales, I've actually got a little firepower this time around (only a little though!) Do we have a thread yet *goes to check*

cool wof is still going :)

Count me in, used to be fun in support teams.

A 2 year break and i come back to WoF coming back! ... It must be destiny!

Let's Go Murica! :boxer::boxer::boxer::boxer: sign me up!

I'm guess this didn't happen in March 2020?

It would be so awesome if this could be revived, it was one of the best social parts of the game which has been neglected a fair amount as the years go by

Nostalgia....
I hope hurricane and all judges are ok

DRM

Miss this event hugely. Truly what this game is missing instead of these soulless mayhem events.

Too bad I have missed this back then...would love to see WOF back again

What if I told you that you can always organize one if you miss it that much.
Just saying.

What if I told you that you can always organize one if you miss it that much.
Just saying.
It's actually because I had been thinking about exactly that, that's why I came to search for it. ;-)

Back