Suggestion: New Graphical Design for Teleporters : Let's replace the old "cage-type" Teleporters with flat Teleporters+cool light effects

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
New Graphical Design for Teleporters : Let's replace the old "cage-type" Teleporters with flat Teleporters+cool light effects

Hallo Friends :)

This subject requires some analysys and a proper introduction.

Currently, in Calypso, teleporters can be divided into 2 categories :

-Flat teleporters (teleporters with a 3D design that has no significant vertical structures : see, for example, Fort Sisyphus flat teleporter, among many possible examples)
index.php

-"Cage-type" teleporters (teleporters with a 3D design that has very significant vertical structures, hence the resemblance with a cage-structure : see for example teleporters in Camp Phoenix, Oshiri Hearts, Port Atlantis, among many possible examples)

index.php

index.php

index.php

I used the comparison with a cage for another -and very practical indeed- reason, and here the analysys becomes interesting :

when a Player teleports to a place that has a cage-type teleporter (like the 3 ones shown above), and that location is currently hit by some lag, when that Player tries to move the Avatar, frequently remains stuck for some LONG seconds into the invisible 3D vertical structures of these "cage-type" teleporters, cursing the entire universe, and simply wasting precious time in an unpleasant way
(yes : when the scene is laggy, for some seconds the 3D "cage structures" of such teleporters are INVISIBLE to the Player, exactly due to that lag ; so the Player tries to run away from the teleporter but "misteriously" is often kept in place by the temporarily "invisible" 3D vertical structures of such "cage-type" teleporters).

-->So my reasonable solution consists in a redesign of all "cage-type" teleporters, replacing them with flat teleporters ("teleporters without significant vertical structures").
And I also consider that the relatively simple -but much more practical- 3D structure of those flat teleporters could then be enriched by some fascinating light effects, similar to the light pillars in Hadesheim :
a simple and fascinating graphical effect
that also would show to Players that there is a teleporter in the vicinity ("Follow the light pillar, and there you are").

In addition, also the appearance of the in-game sky will become richer , with some good looking light pillars appearing around as newly added beautiful graphical effects.

Light Pillars in Hadesheim, as Practical Model for light effects in the new teleporters.
index.php

After this teleporter redesign, Players won't be temporarily stuck anymore in "invisible" cage-type teleporters due to accidental lag, therefore they won't waste precious seconds cursing around (...or just trying to figure what "mysterious bug" is keeping their avatars stuck in place : especially if they are newcomers during their 1st days in-game).

Additionally, teleporters will gain a new, fresh, and fascinating redesign ; and also the appearance of the in-game sky will benefit by this change.

Enjoy

Paul

Last edited:
Supporting redesign for the overcomplex cage types that I keep getting stuck in.
If it was real life design, the solution architect would be fired! :p

TPs on other planets look different. Cyrene's are probably best for what you are talking about since they are just flat spots on the ground more or less.

Rocktropia has the choppers, etc. I really like the really neat design of the one at end of the THING that has all of the hoopla making it very visible... tons of possibilities.

Since they obviously can make them any shape they want, why don't they give LA owners the ability to design their own?

Back