connection issues

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
I cannot connect to this forum, the main site or the game only. Every other internet service works fine and other sites in Sweden work fine also. I can only connect to the forum when not on network. Possible IP ban? I am looking into legal options on behalf of the playerbase for the theft of hundreds of thousands if not millions of usd in collective markup value, very curious if this has anything to do with this inability to log in. Not that I particularly care I am already looking to hire lawyers to deal with them, just very odd, and sure seems like ip ban with no direct communication with mindark owned sites.

I experienced the same issue, concluded that there was an issue with the DNS I normally use. I switched from Cloudfare’s 1.1.1.1 to Google’s 8.8.8.8 and was able to connect to various sites including PCF and EU.

Hope it helps

I cannot connect to this forum, the main site or the game only. Every other internet service works fine and other sites in Sweden work fine also. I can only connect to the forum when not on network. Possible IP ban? I am looking into legal options on behalf of the playerbase for the theft of hundreds of thousands if not millions of usd in collective markup value, very curious if this has anything to do with this inability to log in. Not that I particularly care I am already looking to hire lawyers to deal with them, just very odd, and sure seems like ip ban with no direct communication with mindark owned sites.

Currently experiencing this exact same thing Forgo :D

I fired up my cell phone as a mobile hotspot -- and am currently like you, investigating why this is the case. We have the same problem though.

If you get it fixed let me know! :p Vice versa

Same for me, I was ingame and I have been suddenly kicked out of the game. (CTD)

Then impossible to find game or this forum.
Everything else worked fine, but only EU and PCF.

I tried to connect to PCF through a proxy, worked fine.. :eyecrazy:

Now I changed DNS adress and it seems to works again..

And I didn't even try to hire lawers.. :rolleyes: Very stange to me. :scratch2:

It has nothing to do with Forgo looking into whether or not he has a case or not.

But as someone else pointed out, the solution appears to be changing the DNS settings. I made some adjustments as suggested by this CNET article, and my game, this site, and EU's site are all now working properly.

I experienced the same issue, concluded that there was an issue with the DNS I normally use. I switched from Cloudfare’s 1.1.1.1 to Google’s 8.8.8.8 and was able to connect to various sites including PCF and EU.

Hope it helps

+rep for this, it fixed my issue.

There's also a CNET article with some instructions on how to do it.

*BUMPING* for visibility. I think this issue may be more widespread than the couple replies on here indicate. I'm hoping people see this while accessing PCF on their phone or something and get the issue fixed. For me, I couldn't go to EntropiaUniverse.com or Planetcalypsoforum.com, let alone the game.

Me too

*BUMPING* for visibility. I think this issue may be more widespread than the couple replies on here indicate. I'm hoping people see this while accessing PCF on their phone or something and get the issue fixed. For me, I couldn't go to EntropiaUniverse.com or Planetcalypsoforum.com, let alone the game.

I had the exact same issue last night (~7-9pm EST) and had to sleep early without getting to know why.

I was just playing as usual, grinding for the Mayhem competition, and logged out to take break.
After the break, I couldnot get access to the game or PCF.
Funny thing was, I thought my internet connection was lost due to winter storm, but everything else was working fine except the game & PCF.....Even my cell phone was not able to get into the PCF...So I just slept.

I felt very LOST when i was watching other ppl keep getting globals in EL because I am in a very serious grinding mode.

This morning, I woke up, could not try logging into the game cuz I had to go work.
But the PCF works fine with my Cellphone.

Instead of getting to know "how to fix this problem", I need to know "WHY it happened" only to few.

I felt really bad when I figured out I was the only one not being able to play.

Gun KimBoom Kim

I had the exact same issue last night
Yup, I was just browsing stuff and wanted to see updates on the forum here and had no connection. The loader had also given up, but other Internet sites were fine.

It does seem strange that some pathway can just suddenly disconnect loads of people from a site or sites selectively.... I wonder how stuff like that gets resolved as well... whether somebody has to notify xyz...

Hope it helps

Had the same issue last night and moved my DNS service to Google (8.8.8.8). All started working again. Looked like the DNS server with the info were receiving timeouts on the original service.

Same here...UK based.

This issue has come up a few times in the past for players.

Using Google DNS should solve the issues.

No No...

It is obviously a conspiracy against him. Because he feels hard done by... Didn't see all of the other Avatars affected run to the forum to post about it.

I get a real narcissistic vibe right now. Which is probably why the situation is like it is.#

I'm quitting.. (But I can't live without it for a few hours...)..

Cant say I've noticed anything. :cool:

Are you still having issues?

Back