Would you Hunt/Mine on a 90% fixed return Planet/Land?

Would you Hunt/Mine on a 90% fixed return Land

• Yes! We need an area like this!

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I might hunt/mine there when I'm broke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might skill there sometimes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Sky is Falling!!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I don't have enough information to answer

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
Jesus Christ wth have I ever done to you to deserve such criticism!?!? :eyecrazy:

Nothing. He's just troll. None of his posts ever actually contribute anything. Best to just ignore the farmer.

Nope!!!

I think 90% fixed return makes the players leave EU.

The main reason why MU is not sufficient is that the number of players is too low to support this complex world.

I think that you guys have to find any solution to attract ppls to EU to do CPR for this game.

This isn't a monthly subscription game. People pay for ammo. If you are guaranteed a loss, people wouldn't play/pay. The vast majority of people here, are here to get the big win or at least a chance at profiting. With a guaranteed % back like the OP is suggesting, i doubt this game would exist, and i highly doubt the landarea would be used at all. To suggest otherwise, in my opinion, means you don't understand why people play this game in the first place.

Just my two pecs

Rgds

Ace

The absolute majority of people come to Entropia Universe after googling “how to make money while playing a videogame” or something similar, they see the huge HOFs others have gotten, in fact some don’t believe those are even real. After people realize that they won’t be able to get rich from it, some quit, but some stay and continue investing into their avatars because of the RCE aspect and the thrill, which make EU unique in the gaming industry.

If returns are fixed at 90% you take away the highs and the lows, which means that essentially the other 10% is what you pay for your subscription, which you can also purchase with in-game currency if you do things right.

In this case most people will have no desire to keep playing, because 90% returns upfront is not appealing to those that are in for the thrill. Many want the possibility to hit it big while never knowing what they are going to find, even if it means that actual returns will be less than 90%. The thrill is what gives EU an edge over every other game, if you take that away, then what do we have left?

If returns are fixed at 90% you take away the highs and the lows,

Well, in some cases this might not be that bad.

I usually hunt 1~2 ped mobs since Im comfortable with that and my pedcard can keep up.

But each time I got seduced by those bloody daily 3's.
And each time I get the standard 60% return on those mobs.
I just NEVER get a positive daily 3 and the loss usually comes down to 50 ped per daily token. Just bloody ridiculous.

In such cases a fixed 90% is always 30% more returns than the normal way to hunt.

Last edited:
Here's how the survey results break down now sitting at 75 votes so far:

Definitely 'Yes' - 3 votes = 4% of voters

'Uncertain - Maybe' - 35 votes = 47% of voters

Definitely 'No' - 37 votes = 49% of voters

--

It could be worthwhile to explore the possibility of a Land Area, Dungeon or 'Planet' where all returns on loot events are fixed, perhaps 90% is too low and somewhere between 92-94% would be more appropriate.

Legends

EVE Online has a test server they call Singularity, where both developers and players can test out new features of the game before they are released, players can use it to test out new fits to their ships without actually committing real game currency to it.

Perhaps Entropia could have something similar to this, their own testing server so to speak.

Almost 50% said I might...

I bet if the fixed return was a bit higher, like let's say 95%, more people would have said yes. Maybe there's something to this fixed return idea that could be worth implementing somewhere on a small scale.

Put only small mobs on there, might teach some people something about bankroll management.

bankroll management - what is it really? since 2005 the concept evades me...

Back