• I might skill there sometimes

1 1.27%
  • I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

28 35.44%
  • No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

12 15.19%
  • Never!

14 17.72%
  • I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

10 12.66%
  • Sky is Falling!!

4 5.06%
  • I don't have enough information to answer

7 8.86%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images

Would you Hunt/Mine on a 90% fixed return Planet/Land?

This is a simple question:

If MindArk was to create a Planet, Land Area or Instance where ALL loot returns were fixed to say 90%, which means that every loot would consist of exactly 90% of your TT cost to kill the creature, never more and never less, would you ever hunt and/or mine there? You have to understand that there is no chance to Global/HoF there.

1. Yes! We need an area like this!

2. I might hunt/mine there when I'm broke

3. I might skill there sometimes

4. I might if there's a chance to profit on MU

5. No, I want to have a chance to Global/HoF

6. Never!

7. I'm outraged you even proposed that idea!

8. Sky is Falling!!

9. I don't have enough information to answer

Thanks for voting

Legends
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    I suppose the answer is only if the mob was known to drop VERY high markup stuff like unlimited armor or something and if other higher markup stuff like tier components drop well enough to cover the markup bridge.

Another possibility is if it's a mob that is in short supply of a good place to grind out on iron missions... if it was a lower level mob that was harder to find big spawns of in the wild I might hunt there to work on iron missions.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jhan Delarea Freitas
    Society
    Freelancer
    90% pff.... my normal loot is 98% why in my EU carrer life i going swap for this?
    I feel its absurd

90% its happen rigth now to me since 26/08
    I near quit and sell out all my stuffs since this bullshit dont look close to go

Useless miner who want new high end minning tools

RIP multis : 26.08.19

even if there would be such an area and it would drop high mu stuff it would end up like the resto chip chain

Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    As long as the MU% covered the 10% loss, sure I think I'd have no problem hunting there. I do think the game would be less exciting without globals and HOFs, so I know I'd get bored quicker with constant 90% tt return. I like a little fluctuation and variation.

Currently, I'm getting about 97.5% tt return, and skilling has never been so easy and cost effective since I can remember. Going to 90% tt return would be more like loot 1.0 for me. The HOFs and globals were certainly bigger than they are now, but the day to day hunting was a lot more volatile.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as the MU% covered the 10% loss, sure I think I'd have no problem hunting there. I do think the game would be less exciting without globals and HOFs, so I know I'd get bored quicker with constant 90% tt return. I like a little fluctuation and variation.

Currently, I'm getting about 97.5% tt return, and skilling has never been so easy and cost effective since I can remember. Going to 90% tt return would be more like loot 1.0 for me. The HOFs and globals were certainly bigger than they are now, but the day to day hunting was a lot more volatile.
    That's really good tt returns. I've had really bad hunting runs with tt returns of less than 60% and I know some that have quit after a series of bad hunting runs where they basicly lost everything...

What prompted this poll was me asking myself if there was a way to prevent that from happening, i.e. people losing everything after a series of really bad hunting runs.

I realize that 90% might be a bit low, perhaps I should have said 94% or 95%, but too late to change it now.
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Stalker
    Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    That's really good tt returns. I've had really bad hunting runs with tt returns of less than 60% and I know some that have quit after a series of bad hunting runs where they basicly lost everything...

What prompted this poll was me asking myself if there was a way to prevent that from happening, i.e. people losing everything after a series of really bad hunting runs.

I realize that 90% might be a bit low, perhaps I should have said 94% or 95%, but too late to change it now.
    What is your exact hunting setup in game that's getting you those returns? Do you have a spreadsheet that's tracking it all? Also, how much PED cycled for that % of return this far? Are you saying you had one hunt 60% return, or that's your average return over multiple hunts. Serious questions, not looking to tease or put down, if I can help I'd like to.

For me, the downswing in loot 2.0 is pretty soft. 60% tt return over an extended period of time shouldn't be the norm. Need to look into what's causing that, as I believe that would be an extreme outlier on the lower end.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
    What is your exact hunting setup in game that's getting you those returns? Do you have a spreadsheet that's tracking it all? Also, how much PED cycled for that % of return this far? Are you saying you had one hunt 60% return, or that's your average return over multiple hunts. Serious questions, not looking to tease or put down, if I can help I'd like to.

For me, the downswing in loot 2.0 is pretty soft. 60% tt return over an extended period of time shouldn't be the norm. Need to look into what's causing that, as I believe that would be an extreme outlier on the lower end.
    I wasn't trying to make this about me, I only hunt maybe 2-3 times per year now since I can't run (when you own as many shops as I do, you end up having to carry around a lot of inventory and I can't seem to get it below 1300 anymore, no matter what I do, anyway, that's another topic for another thread perhaps).

But a particular hunt last summer on Atrox and one on Longtooths comes to mind as some examples where it was just a massive loss, and I can't help but think that I can't be the only one with the perception that sometimes, the loot returns are just so bad that you just wish there was a way to control the losses so they are not this outrageous...

Well...... it seems we can now get, what was it, a fixed 73% return of shrap if we want to by drowning or turreting something you've pumped pecs/peds into.
    I've found it interesting as a testing feature.

A fixed 90% area with various loots could be interesting too from a loot quality perspective. Different players could compare their shrap percentages, for example. My percentage of shrap has been slowly going down over the last few months - and I'm left wondering why. Maybe the answers would stay something of a secret, but at least things would be so much more testable on a level playing field such as that...

So yes, I probably would visit such an area out of various curiosities

Stalker
    Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    I wasn't trying to make this about me, I only hunt maybe 2-3 times per year now since I can't run (when you own as many shops as I do, you end up having to carry around a lot of inventory and I can't seem to get it below 1300 anymore, no matter what I do, anyway, that's another topic for another thread perhaps).

But a particular hunt last summer on Atrox and one on Longtooths comes to mind as some examples where it was just a massive loss, and I can't help but think that I can't be the only one with the perception that sometimes, the loot returns are just so bad that you just wish there was a way to control the losses so they are not this outrageous...
    Yea, not trying to derail your post. If you're only referring to two hunts that were around that 60% return mark -- my advice is probably already what you're expecting.

Keep hunting.

I'm serious. It flattens out over time. It really truly does. I k know it's not always possible to keep going, and if that's the case, maybe reconsider the size of mob you want to grind.

All of this of course with the caveat that you're hunting with gear you're maxed on, mobs you don't need to hire a fapper on, and use as little (L) gear as possible (sometimes not always possible). But sizing up the right mob with your skills is important. The system does return well over 90% tt return on a long enough cycle. I've seen it bear out in my own recorded data time and time again. Just don't do wreckless hunts where you're fully kitted out in uber (L) armor and tons of damage enhancers... Save that style of hunting for Mayhem and events!

Alright, back on topic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast