Does Paysafe Card work as a deposit option from the US?

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
so over at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2019/09/03/3576/index.xml? there's this statement
Paysafecard deposits will be discontinued for US-based customers
On September 14, 2019 the deposit option Paysafecard will be disabled for Entropia Universe customers based in the US.

This change is due to new US legislation regarding direct payments.

Customers who have Paysafecard vouchers and wishes to transfer their amount to Entropia Universe PED are advised to do so before this date.

However, if I log in to account Paysafe card is listed as a deposit method.

Just had a chat with Kala in Customer Service and she says:
The only way to find out is to give it a try. We cannot give you a definite answer to this question.
Or you can log on your website account and file a support case
LIVE support don't answer economic questions.

I did file a support ticket before chatting with her but it's got no response yet. I'm not going to go buy some card like this that has a middle man fee just to 'try it' as Kala suggests since using the funds to deposit would be the ONLY REASON I'd be buying it in the first place... as Mindark shut out our ability to use paypal.

Anyone in the US tried paysafe card option since that announcement about discontinuing it was put out? If it was removed in September why is it still showing up on the website as an option?... hmm...

Similar question - why does website state "you don't have any strongbox keys or strongboxes" if you do have a strongbox but not a key? Seems to be giving the wrong info, at least partly....

Similar question - why does website say "you have no shares" if you do indeed own shares in Crystal Palace. My suspicion is they never re-did the site regarding this aspect after the initial sale, but probably should have by now?... especially as in game there is no actual item in inventory for this, etc... just that new interface thing for the share center or whatever it's called.

Yes, I know, I know, website developer is probably on vacation, taking a nap, or something... but come on... at least give some accurate info on there if possible... especially if months pass after things like the cp sale, etc.

Last edited:
Guess no one in US is using paysafe cards then? Support ticket response is kind of along same lines that the chat was, where they basically don't know if it'd work or not?

I'm assuming it probably won't since they did the announcement about the cut off in September, but why did they leave it as a deposit method if it won't work?

noone is using PSC at all (10% fee)

:dunce:

I just wish Paypal back, to make a depo. Sry to be of topic :)

I just wish Paypal back, to make a depo. Sry to be of topic :)

not off topic at all. I agree. Paypal was the best way to do deposit and potentially do withdrawals when we could use it.

Banks such as N26 dont work ?

Back