PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Mayana maya Riechert
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    I don't make profit anymore..I love mining on EU but i'm not so addicted that I can't stop for a while and go find other things to do online or in real life for a while. I wish that if I went to so much trouble to get such high mining skills I could at least make something out of this game as a business venture. MA has made it so hard for me recently that I just don't want to try anymore I am so sad for that.
    [

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't make profit anymore...
    It only seems to roughly be back to what is was maybe before a year ago, but we definitely got spoiled in the year after that though. It seems to come down more to experience rather than having in-game mining skills though. Know where to target for MU, and know when TT is too poor in an area for it to be worth mining. If someone just keeps dropping no matter what or targets an area where average ore MU is maybe only 105%, that's just asking to lose PED. That used to be the case before, but it's just easier to lose PED now if you aren't watching what you're doing.

I know that while I'm not profiting as much as I was last year (not so great to compare to a peak), I'm also not having any trouble breaking even either. I'm not exactly a top-tier miner or anything either.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TheRock
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    I had my mining mentor returning back. Was funny cuz now im his mentor

His first obesvation after like 4-6 years been away that there is way too much oversupply and very little crafters as crafters would use Explosive from TT materials instead.

Consider him a newbeginner, but his obervasion was darn sharp.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PkmX PkmX PkmX
    Society
    Art of Mining
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofaces View Post
    Basically, it was really easy to get TT returns of near 100%. It looks like MA tweaked the variability on average/TT rate. I can't recall if some recent changes we've seen were at that time too, but other recent developments have been some resource distribution tweaks (more lyst in areas it wasn't before regularly).
    Ok, so that was an undocumented or player-observed change I think.

Interestingly I found mining to be not much different compared to 2016 in terms of volatility, although most of the good stuffs seem to be greatly restricted right now unless you target some very specific areas and can hit the resource wave timing. In general I'd say the distribution is even more uneven now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofaces View Post
    It only seems to roughly be back to what is was maybe before a year ago, but we definitely got spoiled in the year after that though. It seems to come down more to experience rather than having in-game mining skills though. Know where to target for MU, and know when TT is too poor in an area for it to be worth mining. If someone just keeps dropping no matter what or targets an area where average ore MU is maybe only 105%, that's just asking to lose PED. That used to be the case before, but it's just easier to lose PED now if you aren't watching what you're doing.

I know that while I'm not profiting as much as I was last year (not so great to compare to a peak), I'm also not having any trouble breaking even either. I'm not exactly a top-tier miner or anything either.
    Yeah, there are still some good spots and now it requires some techniques (read: not mining skills, mostly) to extract that. It isn't just a PED printing machine now.
    I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII
    Non-depositer since 2006/02/07

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmX View Post
    Ok, so that was an undocumented or player-observed change I think.
    I won't get into the details too much, but I actually had to redo the decision-threshold testing for I mine an area after the change. The hit rate testing I did from a year or two ago didn't match with what we had today, so I had to redo the testing. That's not data I'm going to post publicly since it significantly affects player TT, unlike some other testing I've posted about in the past, but it is documented at least.

That said, there is another potential unannounced change after the patch that I will be showing some data on later when I get it finalized.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3