Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Images

Chipping Optimizer Tool

Hi,
    I've made a tool to calculate the best way to chip-in, to reach a certain pro-standing level.
    For instance, you are at level 42 in Laser Sniper, and you want to unlock Combat Sense (level 50). The question is: what do I have to chip and how much, from all the involved skills in that profession?
    There are 3 factors to balance:
    - At high skill levels, inserting a new chip has much lower effect than at low skills levels
    - Certain skill contribute more than others to the pro-standing
    - The price of certain skills is much higher than others.

So, this tool tells you (hopefully) the cheapest path to reach your target, considering all the factors above.

Give it a try at:

http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php

It works with latest browsers, but probably not with older ones since it uses a lot of javascript and ajax-style interface.

Take into consideration that the calculations rely heavily on the function that maps skill-levels to chip-tt-value, and this function is quite unknown for high skill levels.

Also, the chip prices are taken from peauction, so take it with a grain of salt when it comes to actually finding all the chips required in auctions at that price.

All feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Latest features introduced:
    - You can auto-fill your skills if you have them uploaded to PE-wiki
    - You can calculate HP-chipping as well; it works the same as any other profession
    - The recommended chipping now displays the markup % from peauction and the cost of each individual chip
    - You can calculate your total skills, and use it as any other profession, to know your cheapest way to go, for instance, from 70k to 120k total skills.
    - You can enter a cost limit in all chipping recommendations, so it is possible to say "I want to increase my HP, and I have 10k ped, what's the best way to spend them and how far will I get with it"
    Last edited by jdegre; 06-09-2007 at 12:45.
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots

Angelica Coffee Lastrome
    Society
    Caffeine Junkies
    Images
    Fantastic Tool ... came in very useful.

As a side note, do you think you might be able to work something out like that for figuring out what you need to chip in for health points? I don't know if we have enough complete data on skills and health to do so but it would be a phenomenal acheivement to punch in some numbers and see the cheapest way to reach a HP goal.

+ Rep for sure by the way.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    The Legendary Stormer Deluxe
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    +rep

Excellent tool for us chippers out there
    Gear: Adequate
    Skills: Maxed Out
    Luck: Awesome
    Morale: Skyrocketing

Dominant
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Qweeg Lister
    Society
    =NotA=
    Images
    Yep agree with Stormer. +rep for a great tool!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Angel of Death
    Society
    MDK-Elite
    Images
    no martial arts or MDA?

Guardian
    Society
    Hunters Unlimited
    Images
    Must spread rep blah blah blah...

Awesome tool. I've been using it for a few days now and can't praise it enough.

A few features I'd like to see (just to put the cherry on the top) are:

i) The % used for the calc for each skill displayed, to give a target price to buy at to reach the goal for the amount of ped.

ii) The ability to set your own %'s for the calcs, or override the one used at least, should obvious manipulations appear - such as one day towards the end of last week, my commando goal was suddenly 3k more expensive for a day, prob due to dodgy market entries.

iii) The ability to upload a NRF (or similar) file to have everything filled in automatic, similar to wiki's new ability.

iv) Maybe a reverse feature - say if want to chip out the maximum amount of peds worth of skill, but not fall below a certain level.

All these pretty minor additional features though, the tools still great as is

Old Alpha
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benjamin "MrWizard" Slider
    Images
    Perhaps a quick table that lists what numbers the various pro standings are at? I was looking to enter Lvl 30 for Serindipity, but it doesn't work on the new level system, but the old level system...can we get a quick conversion chart? I know the data prolly exists on Wiki, but a quick reference would be nice.

I.E.
    Lvl 30 = Great Pro Standing = 3000
    Lvl 40 = Stupendous Pro Standing = 4000

etc...I know my numbers are off....
    If Earth is really just a grain of sand
    in the universe, I'll bet we're stuck in
    God's Speedo and we're driving him nuts.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jesus jdegre de Gregorio
    Society
    Survival Program
    Images
    thx guys for the nice feedback,

@coffee: i don't know if the current knowledge about how hp's are gained is enough to implement such function. all we know is something like "coolness gives hp roughly every 400 levels". but when these data is known in detail, i think it could be implemented easily.

@stormer: "quickness" introduced already, but remember that the tool does not work well for skills > 10k

@angel_of_death: MDA and martial arts are there, in their corresponding professions (browler, knifefighter, hit or dmg); i'll add swordman and whipper shortly.

@trabin: your suggestions are excellent, really; i had thought myselft in the chip-out symmetric feature, which should be pretty straightforward to add; only have to check if the algorithm works in the other way as well. the rest of the features, it's just a matter of finding the time to implement them. the auto-fill in feature is half implemented, but the skills are taken from the tools database; if you use the parameter "user=xxx", you'll get auto-filled my (noob) skills you can see it here. I just have to find a way to make it "multi-user" capable.

@mr_wizard: (if I understood you correctly) the pro-standing levels, as explained in the intro of the tool, are the levels shown in-game * 100. That is, to unlock avoidance, enter 2500 in evader; to unlock wounding, enter 4500 in any (dmg) profession, to unlock serendipity, enter 3000 in any (hit) profession.

/jdegre.
    Last edited by jdegre; 05-22-2007 at 22:16.
    The Chipping Optimizer Tool
    &
    Skill Scanner
    Automatically extract your skills from in-game screenshots

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    firejuggler water zabimalu
    Society
    RFC
    Images
    thanks for the tools.
    i used your tool to determine if chipping was cheaper than doing it myself.
    i sused the knifefighter chart to 'evalute' my swordmanone (since ,atm of m post, swordman is not availlable. i obviously switched stat for light /heavy melee wpon and SB/LB).
    i have found something: i am, atm, according to your tool at an average of 3895,and the real one tell me i'm at 3930 or so. what i found is that if i had 1 k to my courage (2959 to 3959) the calculation is much more accurate, giving me an average of 3935. i think the solution is to lower the weight of courage, 3 instead of 4. i hope it will help.

edit: however, with SB number it seem perfectly accurate.
    oh and + rep for the tool
    Last edited by firejuggler; 05-22-2007 at 22:22.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Mine To Extract
    Images
    Very interresting ill have to have a better look tomorrow
    does it work with mining ?
    "Don't talk back to Darth Vader, He'll get cha!"
    Please note you cant steal copyright on that line, as its allready stolen by me from the internet

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 51 ... LastLast