Wyapoint Coordinates default to ground elevation

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Annoying issue with Copy/Pasting custom waypoints...

I noticed that when I paste a custom waypoint in local or in a message, the custom elevation is not preserved, and instead, the ground elevation is substituted.

Using the chat command /waypoint, I created a custom waypoint, at the 2nd floor elevation of Twin Peaks mall (which is 200), where my shop is:

creating_waypoint.jpg

And here's what that waypoint looked like when walking around on the 2nd floor at Twin Peaks mall:

correct_waypoint.jpg

That was perfect and exactly what I wanted. But here's what happens, first I copy the waypoint like this:

copying_waypoint.jpg

And then when I paste it, the elevation in the waypoint is back to 190... Which seems to be the ground elevation:

pasting_waypoint.jpg

I know what most people might be thinking: "Who cares about 10 meters??" Well here's what that waypoint looks like when walking around on the 2nd floor of Twin Peaks mall:

wrong_waypoint.jpg

It seems not possible to preserve the custom elevation on a custom waypoint when copy/pasting that waypoint.

Legends

PS: If you copy/paste that waypoint as part of a string of text, the custom elevation will be preserved, and that's the only way to do it for now.

Back