PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    How To Survive 2 - An experiment to see how long I can play without depositing after an initial bankroll that will help me keep going and hopefully increase my bankroll slowly through markup.

Seeing as the original thread and post can no longer be edited and the thread generated a lot of interesting dialogue I thought as I am returning to the game I would kick start this project again.

Here is a table of all the best weapon setups for a beginner!
    Are you one? A beginner? Aren't you at least midlevel now? The last one was from 2015. If so, is the purpose to see if you can recreate your initial results as a midlevel player? Or is it pre vs post loot 2.0? Wouldn't it be better to use the tools your avatar can use now? Or is your bankroll limited to that of a starting player? In your other thread you say you doubled your bankroll
    Current Balance
    1000 PED + 957 PED = 2125 PED
    So shouldn't you at least use tools that do double the dps?

Sorry too many questions maybe... But would be nice to know the purpose.
    Last edited by Spawn; 12-28-2019 at 21:55.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you one? A beginner? Aren't you at least midlevel now? The last one was from 2015. If so, is the purpose to see if you can recreate your initial results as a midlevel player? Or is it pre vs post loot 2.0? Wouldn't it be better to use the tools your avatar can use now? Or is your bankroll limited to that of a starting player? In your other thread, you say you doubled your bankroll
    So shouldn't you at least use tools that do double the DPS?

Sorry, too many questions maybe... But would be nice to know the purpose.
    I am a mid-level player with the highest skill being Laser Sniper (Hit) Lv 55.20. To recreate the same results post loot 2.0 of course, continuing to show new players what is and what is not possible or realistic. Why would it be better to use tools my avatar can use and go bankrupt in 1 day? I've had that happen to me before on Leviathan. a 1K ped bankroll is all I can afford these days with a family to support, not out of reach for new players either. I did double my bankroll and I sold everything and withdraw the lot, so had to deposit again, only this time with Christmas Strongboxes. I am not going to use double DPS even if I had double bankroll simply because those weapons I use are top-notch, nothing beats them in terms of economy. They're unlimited so not paying a markup. TT pistol is L but it's found in TT, so again not paying out too much money on obtaining the setup. I think it's still possible for me to repeat last time, but thanks for the questions, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised or maybe I will and eat my own words.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 12-28-2019 at 22:34.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just gonna put this here since this thread is all about how to economically survive...

Not a lot to be earned from the maze or the Hazmat missions, but every pec helps I suppose.

Oil Rigs and Beer Kegs on less populated planets also help some folks survive a bit.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 12-28-2019 at 23:37.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well it took me all night to get the first few posts up to scratch.

All the relevant charts have been populated, just need the text.

Edited: The first post's now complete with the extra text inserts.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 12-29-2019 at 15:37.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    There is one aspect I found impossible to ignore, which is gear that doesn't consume any ammo and thus throws a monkey wrench in your ability to cycle. Selling your loot takes time and tt'ing it bereaves you of markup you need. Having to throw shrapnel into the tt just to keep up with repairs costs an additional 1%. I am living with that when using melee, but found it too annoying with the A101 to keep it. Its superior efficiency does not compensate for it.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    There is one aspect I found impossible to ignore, which is gear that doesn't consume any ammo and thus throws a monkey wrench in your ability to cycle. Selling your loot takes time and tt'ing it bereaves you of markup you need. Having to throw shrapnel into the tt just to keep up with repairs costs an additional 1%. I am living with that when using melee, but found it too annoying with the A101 to keep it. Its superior efficiency does not compensate for it.
    I know that does happen with old style melee items, but you just got to keep switching to using weaponry that does, once universal ammo is depleted, take another swing or simply sell the Shrapnel at 100.50%? Least you'all get something for your trouble of gathering it up lol.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    I know that does happen with old style melee items, but you just got to keep switching to using weaponry that does, once universal ammo is depleted, take another swing or simply sell the Shrapnel at 100.50%? Least you'all get something for your trouble of gathering it up lol.
    I answered this in another thread today:
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...=1#post3741864

Another possibility is to go mining instead with uni ammo and, using Leeloo's excellent guide, hopefully turn a profit from that side.

In all scenarios, every round of cycling has to go through the market to compensate for the loss in tt value. This determines the speed at which you can cycle. Not everybody has the patience for it.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

I guess we might look at some things a bit different (or not ) so I wonder if you see
    DPP as a game mechanism, or just as an "analysis tool" (as I do)?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    I guess we might look at some things a bit different (or not ) so I wonder if you see
    DPP as a game mechanism, or just as an "analysis tool" (as I do)?
    I use DPP as a tool to analyse a creatures loot pool, of course DPP and efficiency works in a linear fashion on the items already in the game and for newer items this doesn't follow the linear fashion. But the higher the efficiency the higher the DPP. As far as I understand DPP is mainly responsible for the loot composition, so yes to analyse a mobs loot drops and I naturally inflat my main items efficiency with attachments, this affects how much loot I will get back and is helpful to force other loots which has markup via DPP. My runs last night drop me a considerable amount of markup that I am not accustomed with, but I could just be having a good start to the log nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    I use DPP as a tool to analyse a creatures loot pool, of course DPP and efficiency works in a linear fashion on the items already in the game and for newer items this doesn't follow the linear fashion. But the higher the efficiency the higher the DPP. As far as I understand DPP is mainly responsible for the loot composition, so yes to analyse a mobs loot drops and I naturally inflat my main items efficiency with attachments, this affects how much loot I will get back and is helpful to force other loots which has markup via DPP. My runs last night drop me a considerable amount of markup that I am not accustomed with, but I could just be having a good start to the log nothing more.
    Lets hope that better loot is due to stepping up in what can be looted in loot table.

Time for a "theory" warning.

Why I wonder about DPP as a mechanism is due to I've seen some that mention damage
    is related to loot build up in a mechanism p.o.v, which I don't think it is.
    Imo damage (and also interactions without damage) are just tools to regulate amount
    of interactions with the target, since every interaction is linear in cost if we only use one
    set up, so the task is to find perfect match with amount of interations between set up and target.
    Look at it as a bell curve, where we can both over- and underkill, and when we do the amount
    of non damage interactions will increase.
    When I found a pretty good match for Dire Weeds my record became 8 mobs in a row with 100% damage
    only interactions.

We will always get loot whatever we use but to get the best possible average and bonus we
    do need to find this perfect match.
    There are ofc more layers that will screw up this task to find the perfect match, so it isn't
    always easy to find it out.
    Bare in mind almost all testing I did were in Loot 1.0, but since 2.0 isn't a completly new system
    but a system that is "optimized and improved" from 1.0 there shouldn't be a big difference in basics.
    Imo EU is just a number matching mechanism.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast