Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets hope that better loot is due to stepping up in what can be looted in loot table.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. I however am not into getting the right setup for the right mob, that might have been my mind set a while back but not anymore. All I try to do is use a setup with high DPP from the base, use Ares to further augment that lead and utilise high efficiency attachments to increase my return rate. So I use high DPP setups as listed for loot composition, Ares rings for again better loot composition, inflate the efficiency with high efficiency attachments to get better returns and faster skill gains for my looter professions, which again affects your return rate. So I am giving myself the highest advantage I can get with the way the game works now and so far it's working.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. I however am not into getting the right setup for the right mob, that might have been my mind set a while back but not anymore. All I try to do is use a setup with high DPP from the base, use Ares to further augment that lead and utilise high efficiency attachments to increase my return rate. So I use high DPP setups as listed for loot composition, Ares rings for again better loot composition, inflate the efficiency with high efficiency attachments to get better returns and faster skill gains for my looter professions, which again affects your return rate. So I am giving myself the highest advantage I can get with the way the game works now and so far it's working.
    It's a nice feeling when you do find combos and set ups that work, since that will help out
    to reach goals we have.
    After they announced that old missions gonna disapear, my prio have been to finish off
    as many missions as possible that have attributes as rewards, so eco haven't been the
    best lately. Sill there have been some decent HoFs, globals and average loot, but it could
    improve though.
    When it comes to efficiency, just remember this: "The displayed Efficiency parameter for
    a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return..."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When it comes to efficiency, just remember this: "The displayed Efficiency parameter for
    a given weapon does not correspond to expected overall loot return."
    That's exactly right, so a 70% efficiency setup won't help you to receive a 70% return rate lol. But it does not mean that a higher efficiency can help improve your return rate. Efficiency is the new meta of hunting, get used to this!
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 01-02-2020 at 08:07.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

That's exactly right, so a 70% efficiency setup won't help you to receive a 70% return rate lol. But it does not mean that a higher efficiency can't help improve your return rate. Efficiency is the new meta of hunting, get used to this!
    Basics are still the same, so from a mechanism p.o.v not much have changed, it's about
    what parameter that have more influence now.
    Another thing you should remember is this: "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small
    component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Basics are still the same, so from a mechanism p.o.v not much have changed, it's about
    what parameter that have more influence now.
    Another thing you should remember is this: "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small
    component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."
    The 7% when looked on it's own is rather small, but if we were to cycle 1 million ped, then that 7% is vital!

The 7% when looked on it's own is rather small, but if we were to cycle 1 million ped, then that 7% is vital!
    Sadly I doubt many of us will reach up to full 7%. If you do reach 7% in that
    part, you still have 93% that might screw things up, but on the other hand, you
    might also hit perfect set up so those 93% are maxed.
    Only way to find out is to try it out.

Imo both looter professions and Loot 2.0 has a more important purpose than to
    inform players how the system works to improve return, it's more about a legal
    issue, but thats purely my speculation.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    It is 7% you have to earn back with markup on any scale you play, big or small, and anew for each and every round of cycling. What I tried to point out above is that this way you get only a short time of hunting fun compared to the time you wait for sales, plus if everybody did it religiously then it wouldn't scale because the same economic considerations would apply to the buyers of your produce who therefore can't absorb arbitrary quantities. This limits the pace at which you can progress to a better figure. You're pretty much stuck until you lose patience and decide to just pay your way through the worst, if you can.

And when you're up there or well underway, what then? People always forget or never become aware that this is not a game where you're pitted against a system of chance, but one of economic competition with the other players. Every figure in your personal statistics is the result of your relative effort compared to everybody else. And some are willing and able to throw in "whatever it takes", often jump-starting their career with a large investment.

Hence my personal interpretation of "How to survive" is mustering the willpower to quit the rat race. To declare that you are -not- in a competition to reach the top. To become immune to artificially induced envy. This is still a nice little virtual world to live in without stressing out over what the whales are getting. Even when GAS'ing over stuff not forgetting all that which is so much more important. Just wanted to throw this into the picture.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Heal or scan when the mob's been hit for that decay to be recorded.
    How did you test it? I was under impression scanning decay is not returned in loot. But I was testing in team when all I did is scanning and other person doing the dmg. In that setup I didn't get any loot. I wonder how do you test if scans were returned - the problem here is that scan decay is very small compared to kill cost even on punies so super hard to test your way of hit first, scan later.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    How did you test it? I was under impression scanning decay is not returned in loot. But I was testing in team when all I did is scanning and other person doing the dmg. In that setup I didn't get any loot. I wonder how do you test if scans were returned - the problem here is that scan decay is very small compared to kill cost even on punies so super hard to test your way of hit first, scan later.
    Good test. I tried scanning naked and turreting, nothing returned either.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. I however am not into getting the right setup for the right mob, that might have been my mind set a while back but not anymore.
    Your really ought to try calculating it in... think about it this way... if you are NOT using the right weapon for the right mob you may be getting higher amounts of overkill than otherwise... on the lower end of things, thinking about mobs with 5-20 hp... If you weapon +amp combo does not evenly divide to a number close to a division of 5 you are possibly doing more overkill every kill than you might be unamped with a weapon that gets you closer to that divisible by 5 thing, etc. On higher hp mobs it just gets a little trickier based on the number of heals or armor from regeneration, etc. Lots of ways to sneak in extra costs that are not returned even with loot 2.0 calculations potentially.... especially on missions where you may need to kill 10k or more of each mob, etc.

Something else to factor in is the weight factor of different weapons, etc. The recent change by Cyrene to lower the weight of the maze hammers from 10 lbs to 1.5 lbs makes that type of weapons a little more worth having than previously since you can have a bunch of them in inventory without going overweight, etc.... still a bit questionable if you only have one melee amp though and are constantly having to change it from hammer to hammer due to how quickly the hammer gets used up on higher hp mobs, etc. In some ways I wish every UL weapon could be made to have a 200 usd max tt value similar to viper whip, etc. as that allows you to do a lot more than having to run to repair a lot. ... although that's a bit tricky too as minimum ped value to heal is a percentage and the higher the ped value max the more it costs to actually repair the weapon... 1% of 200 ped is a bit more than 1% of 5 ped, etc.

the speed buff may not be super great and be achievable with other stuff like adjusted harrier, but it cannot hurt to have, unless you think the weapon is too slow, in some cases it actually is vs alternatives, etc.

Although more is returned in loot 2.0 than in 1.0, I don't think I've read anywhere that 100% of overkill costs are returned... maybe that can be an aim for loot 3.0

Also regarding melee, you completely seem to have ignored whips... One thing that taming does that isn't often thought about is that it allows you to tame the mob without fully lowering the hp to zero... which likely does have an impact on returns in some way.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 01-03-2020 at 05:32.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast