Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hence my personal interpretation of "How To Survive" is mustering the willpower to quit the rat race. To declare that you are -not- in a competition to reach the top. To become immune to artificially induced envy. This is still a nice little virtual world to live in without stressing out over what the whales are getting. Even when GAS'ing over stuff not forgetting all that which is so much more important. Just wanted to throw this into the picture.
    I totally agree with you here, and that is what a lot of new players are having to contend with, the urge to keep going up and going higher and higher. Both my threads focus on low level hunting with a perticular setup and not deviate from it, the mechanics of the game don't deviate as you go up but it's tough sticking low and does limit what you can hunt, but staying low for me actually gives you an edge because you already know what to expect in a sense. Using a 7 DPS you know what you can and can't hunt as a result, only imagine what you are really hunting. If I want to make things a little more enjoyable, you hunt a higher maturity and the thrill returns back lol.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    How did you test it? I was under impression scanning decay is not returned in loot. But I was testing in team when all I did is scanning and other person doing the dmg. In that setup I didn't get any loot. I wonder how do you test if scans were returned - the problem here is that scan decay is very small compared to kill cost even on punies so super hard to test your way of hit first, scan later.
    Thanks for bringing this up, I hadn't yet tested this, I was simply under the impression all decay was returned. But clearly for scanning it doesn't work the same way, so I have since changed the tip to only mention healing. Thanks.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Good test. I tried scanning naked and turreting, nothing returned either.
    +rep. Thanks for testing this out.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    I totally agree with you here, and that is what a lot of new players are having to contend with, the urge to keep going up and going higher and higher. Both my threads focus on low level hunting with a perticular setup and not deviate from it, the mechanics of the game don't deviate as you go up but it's tough sticking low and does limit what you can hunt, but staying low for me actually gives you an edge because you already know what to expect in a sense. Using a 7 DPS you know what you can and can't hunt as a result, only imagine what you are really hunting. If I want to make things a little more enjoyable, you hunt a higher maturity and the thrill returns back lol.
    Enter Codex: 12 people with low-level guns = Proteron down!
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Enter Codex: 12 people with low-level guns = Proteron down!
    I wish I could find such 12 people and I'd go hunting with them lol. I remember taking proterons down with a society hunt using Opalo's, what fun times as a new player .

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Your really ought to try calculating it in... think about it this way... if you are NOT using the right weapon for the right mob you may be getting higher amounts of overkill than otherwise... on the lower end of things, thinking about mobs with 5-20 hp... If you weapon +amp combo does not evenly divide to a number close to a division of 5 you are possibly doing more overkill every kill than you might be unamped with a weapon that gets you closer to that divisible by 5 thing, etc. On higher hp mobs it just gets a little trickier based on the number of heals or armor from regeneration, etc. Lots of ways to sneak in extra costs that are not returned even with loot 2.0 calculations potentially.... especially on missions where you may need to kill 10k or more of each mob, etc.

Although more is returned in loot 2.0 than in 1.0, I don't think I've read anywhere that 100% of overkill costs are returned... maybe that can be an aim for loot 3.0.

Also regarding melee, you completely seem to have ignored whips... One thing that taming does that isn't often thought about is that it allows you to tame the mob without fully lowering the hp to zero... which likely does have an impact on returns in some way.
    Overkill is defeinitely something hunters should avoid, I never said it was ok to go against that. I left whips out for good reasons, too much investment cost required, low dps etc. They are not a weapon of choice unless you tame mobs. Taming is like hunting but it is not like hunting at the same time, so I am unsure how returns work on that.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Overkill is defeinitely something hunters should avoid, I never said it was ok to go against that. I left whips out for good reasons, too much investment cost required, low dps etc. They are not a weapon of choice unless you tame mobs. Taming is like hunting but it is not like hunting at the same time, so I am unsure how returns work on that.
    Well you get the loot based on your decay + the tamed pet if successful.
    Tamed pets can be recycled to animal esssence for 1 - 3 pecs (mostly 1 pec), so that's 1-3 pecs extra loot. Animal essence , especially rare essence has markup, so that's a bonus.
    If you do small runs and have a shop, you could fill up your shop and wait for them to sell out. You can sell them for 1-3 peds each depending on the mob (1 ped for "easy pets", 1,50 for the leprechaun, 2-3 ped for an atrox pet)
    And mostly 1-3 peds for pets from other planets.

whips from the original unlimited moccasin towards the best adjusted boiga deliver 2.944 -3.06 eco while amped with a decent melee trauma amp.
    Most Limited versions starting from moccasin have an eco of 2.94-3.0 with a melee trauma.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Well you get the loot based on your decay + the tamed pet if successful.
    Tamed pets can be recycled to animal esssence for 1 - 3 pecs (mostly 1 pec), so that's 1-3 pecs extra loot. Animal essence , especially rare essence has markup, so that's a bonus.
    If you do small runs and have a shop, you could fill up your shop and wait for them to sell out. You can sell them for 1-3 peds each depending on the mob (1 ped for "easy pets", 1,50 for the leprechaun, 2-3 ped for an atrox pet)
    And mostly 1-3 peds for pets from other planets.

whips from the original unlimited moccasin towards the best adjusted boiga deliver 2.944 -3.06 eco while amped with a decent melee trauma amp.
    Most Limited versions starting from moccasin have an eco of 2.94-3.0 with a melee trauma.
    Thanks for sharing on the taming profession. +rep. Looks interesting, I might have a crack at it if I'm able. First post updated again with attachment efficiency information.
    Last edited by M Rufen Power; 01-06-2020 at 17:50.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quick Update

Finally cycled over 1k peds this evening, return rate is a respectable 96.46%.

Can't complain but not great imo, the average markup now is around 102%.

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Overkill is defeinitely something hunters should avoid, I never said it was ok to go against that.
    I did some test with over killing with a mob of 80hp i was killing it with a gun that does 80.5-161 dmg last year
    here is the result

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast