Suggestion: drop rate on tier components n mats

FunkyFishy

Dominant
funkyfishy bangfap lootswirlie
i think most of us love the new tiering system ,, i know i am for one a huge fan, well done MA on the change ,
how ever the drop rate for a lot of components are severely lacking for example tier 8 comps, opals, just to name 2
with the new changes tiering item numbers will skyrocket but to keep it cost effective like MA suggest and as to why the change in system, i think the drop rate and mobs that drop them need to increase

The tier components are a drop rate issue. Opals are a hoarding/market manipulation issue. Tier components would benefit from a small increase in drop rate, whereas Opals need to replace Garnets for a few weeks to overextend the market manipulator.

I think it will eventually work itself out. Markups on components shot up the minutes the announcement was made because everyone is land rushing to upgrade things that have been sitting at x.9 forever. Some are doing it regardless of cost foolishly too. Only the tt of the tiering upgrade is returned yet people are shelling out any % for the materials because they have to upgrade this minute and they want markups to be cheap regardless of how many people are doing this mad dash to upgrade.

Honestly? Smart player's are grinding mobs that drop tier comps and selling to chumps that are paying anything because they can't wait to upgrade. Laughing the whole time lol

In time the market will stabilize again when the mad dash of upgrades are done.

As for opals, this debate had been going on for years. MA is aware of the markup of the stuff and any changes they make to drop rate will be subtle and from a big acale perspective of change that won't be felt really by any individual but by the market as a whole. They aren't going to collapse an entire market overnight regardless of concerns over market manipulation I'm sorry to say. Market manipulation is rampant in this game and is arguably the only thing keeping some items from having markup lower than a set level.

Honestly, I get it though, no resource should have a markup in excess of 200% - its borderline extortion.

Bottom line, don't hold your breath waiting for MA to change things. Best to wait to upgrade till the price is truely right.

Honestly? Smart player's are grinding mobs that drop tier comps and selling to chumps that are paying anything because they can't wait to upgrade. Laughing the whole time lol

As a player who grinds mobs for markup I can tell you the drop rate has tanked. Tier 8 components were dropping 1 per 500 PED on leviathan and now they are dropping less than 1 per 3K PED.

As a player who grinds mobs for markup I can tell you the drop rate has tanked. Tier 8 components were dropping 1 per 500 PED on leviathan and now they are dropping less than 1 per 3K PED.

teir 8 comps best from gmc on ark moon ,,, far best drop rates in game that goes for teir 9 comps as well

also another mob you guys aren't hunting :)

You know, I wonder if this proves the system automatically adjusts drop rate based on in game markup of items. And if they try factoring in markup value in returns rather than just TT value...

Have you also noticed a lower tt return when hunting these mobs when you actual are getting the components?

I'm just thinking why would they make the change to tiers then reduce the drop rate of tier components? Do you think it was done as a means to purposely increase the markups of components to slow the rate people are initially upgrading?

Or do you think it was a means of nerfing the generous change to tier costs. So while the tt cost is less to upgrade due to the returned materials the cost is only marginally better due to the higher markups for materials... Maybe as a way of stimulating the economy?

You know, I wonder if this proves the system automatically adjusts drop rate based on in game markup of items. And if they try factoring in markup value in returns rather than just TT value...

Have you also noticed a lower tt return when hunting these mobs when you actual are getting the components?

I'm just thinking why would they make the change to tiers then reduce the drop rate of tier components? Do you think it was done as a means to purposely increase the markups of components to slow the rate people are initially upgrading?

Or do you think it was a means of nerfing the generous change to tier costs. So while the tt cost is less to upgrade due to the returned materials the cost is only marginally better due to the higher markups for materials... Maybe as a way of stimulating the economy?

u cant tier without mats components ,, no there be no increase in economy without turnover ,, 1o1 any business plan

- Make tiering more available and cheaper for everyone
- Put everyone in Mayhem instances at the same time so nobody actually grinds for components

Pick one and prices spike, pick both and they spike more.

- Make tiering more available and cheaper for everyone
- Put everyone in Mayhem instances at the same time so nobody actually grinds for components

Pick one and prices spike, pick both and they spike more.

It's not the prices causing the problem, but rather the drop rate.

Back