Question: Planet waypints vs Deep Space

K_rupT

Prowler
KrupT KrupT RaveR
Is there any precise Waypoints for planet entry , especially with the fact that when you get lost in deep space , the only way to fix the problem is to log out and log back in so you can get to a SS and then fly out to planet , pretty S**ty mechanics imo , but would it be a good idea to actually have space borders or with considering its a Vast 3D field , that we are given some idea on height , depth , long and lat ?

i had to ask , i was spending a good 30 - 45 min flying around in circles trying to find my way out of deep space which i couldnt

space is a big square.... if you fly to close to the edge you hit deep space. Fly too close to the center and you are in lootable space. Don't fly close to the edge. Usually create a wp for the ss of where you are headed... then as you approach the ss reaim towards the planet itself. Aiming for planet too far out and you will be hitting deep space, especially on corners of the map, for instance as you approach Monria, etc. If you get close enough to a ss, simply log out and you'll revive inside the ss... then it's simply a matter of flying out of ss and reiaiming yourself towards the planet you are near.

==============
In June 2019 space was updated, as a result the old space mob map required updating.

Please find below a new map below with the new locations of the mobs. I hope it is of some use, and look forward to seeing more people hunting in space soon!

I will add the maturities soon.

(of course in paint, like a 4 year old, as is the tradition ;) )
mob_map_1_602718.jpg

I have added a PVP areas map at the bottom too, which might be of use.

(cross section of larger map below)

ref_pic.jpg

Please find below clickable links to scans of these mobs kindly provided directly to us from MindArk.

Hermit

Dropship

Skyflail

Locusta

Dymlek

Horror

Here are some pics and Links to the mobs Creatures thread.

Locusta
locusta_18_03_15.jpg

Dymlek
dymlek_18_03_15.jpg

Dropship
dropship_18_03_15.jpg

Cosmic Horror
cosmic_horror_18_03_15.jpg

Skyflail
skyflail_18_03_15.jpg

Hermit

Lootable PVP areas in faded red, deep space is the hard red border line - I have now edited this image for clarity, however the original image is credit to Monria.
borders.jpg

Since the mob 'training' zones are all circles if you aren't wanting to hunt there simply redirect your ship to go around the border of the circle. Revising the map did make it harder to be afk than previously, but not impossible, especially if you know where the mobs are and just aim between the circles.

For instance if you want to fly from Calypso to Cyrene simply go south near deep space border... once down there you can simply fly east to head over to Arkadia, etc. avoiding the circles is fairly easy since they are all at the same middle areas for the most part. If you fly through center of map like from Arkadia to Rocktropia or something be sure to aim between the circles unless you actually intend to hunt there.

Mindark, if you are reading this, I would like to suggest that you get rid of the deep space and simply make it so that if you get close to the deep space border wall you get a message asking if you want to land on whatever happens to be the nearest planet. People are using revive terminals all through space to jump by logging out anyways... may as well give them a way to simply 'get close enough' to the planet to get the message to land there. It is sort of like that now, but I agree the window of where you get that message to land on planet could be expanded quite a bit for each planet.

The place I run in to this type of hitting the border wall the most takes place from in upper west corner near the corridor from Calypso to Monria and over to Rocktropia... but since I've sold my apartments on RT I've not really had any need to go back there in recent months, lol.

Last edited:
space is a big square.... if you fly to close to the edge you hit deep space. Fly too close to the center and you are in lootable space. Don't fly close to the edge. Usually create a wp for the ss of where you are headed... then as you approach the ss reaim towards the planet itself. Aiming for planet too far out and you will be hitting deep space, especially on corners of the map, for instance as you approach Monria, etc. If you get close enough to a ss, simply log out and you'll revive inside the ss... then it's simply a matter of flying out of ss and reiaiming yourself towards the planet you are near.

==============

Since the mob 'training' zones are all circles if you aren't wanting to hunt there simply redirect your ship to go around the border of the circle. Revising the map did make it harder to be afk than previously, but not impossible, especially if you know where the mobs are and just aim between the circles.

For instance if you want to fly from Calypso to Cyrene simply go south near deep space border... once down there you can simply fly east to head over to Arkadia, etc. avoiding the circles is fairly easy since they are all at the same middle areas for the most part. If you fly through center of map like from Arkadia to Rocktropia or something be sure to aim between the circles unless you actually intend to hunt there.

Mindark, if you are reading this, I would like to suggest that you get rid of the deep space and simply make it so that if you get close to the deep space border wall you get a message asking if you want to land on whatever happens to be the nearest planet. People are using revive terminals all through space to jump by logging out anyways... may as well give them a way to simply 'get close enough' to the planet to get the message to land there. It is sort of like that now, but I agree the window of where you get that message to land on planet could be expanded quite a bit for each planet.

The place I run in to this type of hitting the border wall the most takes place from in upper west corner near the corridor from Calypso to Monria and over to Rocktropia... but since I've sold my apartments on RT I've not really had any need to go back there in recent months, lol.

Yes I understand all that but the problem is when you are too far below or above the planet. That is where I was trapped

Oh and it's not a big square. It's actually a cube. 3 dimensions

Since its possible to see, (more or less) where the space server boundaries are, I just put a wp on the planet server and head for that. I don't bother about mob areas either, I just fly through them changing course if necessary to avoid getting too close to mobs. I usually am semi-afk when flying, reading a book or something, so if I hit a mob area I can right away take active control. I almost never get the deep space message.

Since its possible to see, (more or less) where the space server boundaries are, I just put a wp on the planet server and head for that. I don't bother about mob areas either, I just fly through them changing course if necessary to avoid getting too close to mobs. I usually am semi-afk when flying, reading a book or something, so if I hit a mob area I can right away take active control. I almost never get the deep space message.

This is exactly what I did too. Had wp set and flew to it. But I suspect I was flying either too low or too high. You will notice this when you turn your ship. The map cursor can sometimes have a fit

This is exactly what I did too. Had wp set and flew to it. But I suspect I was flying either too low or too high. You will notice this when you turn your ship. The map cursor can sometimes have a fit

I think that the actual up/down placement of the wp in 3-d space is a bit random and is sometimes too high or too low. What I usually do once I've crossed into the Station server is to disregard the wp and head directly towards the planet. (with the exception of Toulan.)

The space map works in the same way as any planet map, in squares of 8192*8192 (2^13) units. You can enter a planet at any point on the border which also extends from -4096 to 4095 in elevation. To find the limits, e.g. for Calypso, take a waypoint of its space station, take its y-coordinate (because the border is along a vertical line in map view), divide it by 8192, truncate it to a whole number (floor, not round), multiply with 8192 again, that is the lower limit; add 8191 to get the upper limit. Do this with the x-coordinate for planets at the horizontal borders (RT, Ark etc.) Before the recent change to pvp zones in space, choosing an entry point off the center was the go-to method to avoid pirates at least upon arrival.

That said, still using this method I recently noticed a bug when trying to construct waypoints from chat with far-out z coordinates, which weren't accepted and always replaced by some default value in the returned waypoint.

Lots of good answers already, but just wanted to point out, if you haven't done so already to map and use the align horizontal button. It's very much helpful in space to stop you inadvertently diving or climbing.

Back