PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    New Idea I'd like to see... a PERMANENT TP allows you to tp between planets from one estate to the next that your avatar holds deeds to... on any planet...

make it an 'upgrade' available at the terminal or whatever...

Also add in this ability to tp chips so you can tp home from anywhere in the virtual universe. Space is boring as hell and just an annoying little thing if you have multiple estates on different planets... it also makes towns all across the virtual universe look like ghost towns since avatars with multiple deeds on multiple planets not want to go 'home' regularly on each planet, etc. I suspect if estate owners could hop from one base of operations to the other on each planet quickly and easily it'd make economy a bit better on all planets ultimately.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Idea I'd like to see... a PERMANENT TP allows you to tp between planets from one estate to the next that your avatar holds deeds to... on any planet...

make it an 'upgrade' available at the terminal or whatever...

Also add in this ability to tp chips so you can tp home from anywhere in the virtual universe. Space is boring as hell and just an annoying little thing if you have multiple estates on different planets... it also makes towns all across the virtual universe look like ghost towns since avatars with multiple deeds on multiple planets not want to go 'home' regularly on each planet, etc. I suspect if estate owners could hop from one base of operations to the other on each planet quickly and easily it'd make economy a bit better on all planets ultimately.
    I always thought this was an interesting idea with the teleport home feature on TP chips. If it was ever implemented though, it would have to be only a handful of chips released. I've never used the current teleport home feature, though I've seen others say it is 3x the cost of normal teleporting. If say the TP chip 7 were used, that would put the cost per jump in the 7-10 PED range, right about what a mothership trip costs at most if interplanet teleport was actually possible that way. That said, there's already a framework for warping in space, so I doubt we'd see something new available on the teleporting side to a significant number of players.

Technically, there are wormhole chips, and I thought they were interplanetary (correct me if I'm wrong). That could be an area to flesh out a little more (or just drop one or two more) without significantly undercutting current space developments.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofaces View Post
    I always thought this was an interesting idea with the teleport home feature on TP chips. If it was ever implemented though, it would have to be only a handful of chips released. I've never used the current teleport home feature, though I've seen others say it is 3x the cost of normal teleporting. If say the TP chip 7 were used, that would put the cost per jump in the 7-10 PED range, right about what a mothership trip costs at most if interplanet teleport was actually possible that way. That said, there's already a framework for warping in space, so I doubt we'd see something new available on the teleporting side to a significant number of players.

Technically, there are wormhole chips, and I thought they were interplanetary (correct me if I'm wrong). That could be an area to flesh out a little more (or just drop one or two more) without significantly undercutting current space developments.
    Wormhole is just a way to summon other people but I believe they have to be on the same planet as you. I re-read the description on the wormhole chip recently and that's what it said iirc.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re-design FOMA...

All over FOMA you have stupid damn hallways that lead nowhere...

It's from early days when Mindark devs wanted to be lazy and copy/paste the hell out of things... nowadays it just looks damn stupid... In apartments on Calypso hallways like these lead to balconies... this is just a copy/paste of Calypso apartment.

Shops on FOMA are not much better... one side of hallways leads towards the racetrack so that makes sense having hallway there... on the other side it just creates an 'empty room' on the back wall near the front of the store. I like it in my shop since it's a nice dark spot to put glowy stuff like fireplaces, etc, but from a design perspective it doesn't make a lot of sense. Along same lines the copy/paste thing on the shops makes every other hallway dark and every other hallway light... the light ones have display areas you can utilize. The dark ones have 'backwards' display areas you cannot put anything in since it's backwards... You can work around it with big items by putting them inside and forcing them through a wall but such work arounds for bad design should not have to happen imho...

In ancient days when Mindark let avatars put items in hallways as a display area type of thing or was it 'other' areas?... anyways that was ok or tolerable since you could light up hallways or make them look interesting... when they pulled the plug on that and made all item points in hallways on Calypso based apartments go away and added those points to interior apartment points it made things a hell of a lot less interesting visually, and also made dumb looking empty hallways to nowhere just look even more stupid.

It's a place in space... at least put in something that makes more sense at the end of the hallway... whatever it may be... an escape pod, a doorway to the outside... an automated televator back to central televator for the floor, etc. Maybe even a stairway down to next floor or something... lots of possibilities...
    Last edited by mastermesh; 04-01-2020 at 04:55.

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lyrisiana Lyz Zianac
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    2. Make it possible for Shop owners to sell a package of items together for 1 price, e.g. an UL gun along with the amp that is best suited for it, a complete set of Armor, an outfit, a blueprint along with all the ingredients required to click it, etc... This added functionality could make Shops more convenient than the Auction in many cases.
    really liked that one even if it would show up on auction too with some additional costs then probably, a few lines of text then in addition so you can quickly describe the reason for the package.
    Also prices for each seperate item set anyway if you want so buyers can compare to total price and with auction prices.

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lyrisiana Lyz Zianac
    Teleporting to shops as already mentioned, I'd like to see business cards like items with no tt value a shop owner can pass around so buyers can teleport to a shop too and easily remember its location, maybe tping from the fixed TPs would cost a very low fee then for the time saved.

Another idea for helping shops that I guess is not much effort would be to simply be able to inform via auction system about offers in a shop, a different background color at auction then, some free slots for this for the shop owner or for a very small fee beyond the free ones, simply the waypoint link for the buyer via auction and the info screen at auction showing exactly what would be visible in the shop, a few lines of text a owner can add would be nice in case of shops of course. Maybe even enable to buy or reserve items at auction but at least you should have to go there then I guess to get the item bc all other offers there are in the interest of the shop owner of course.
    Last edited by Lyrisiana; 04-03-2020 at 21:48.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrisiana View Post
    Teleporting to shops as already mentioned, I'd like to see business cards like items with no tt value a shop owner can pass around so buyers can teleport to a shop too and easily remember its location, maybe tping from the fixed TPs would cost a very low fee then for the time saved.

Another idea for helping shops that I guess is not much effort would be to simply be able to inform via auction system about offers in a shop, a different background color at auction then, some free slots for this for the shop owner or for a very small fee beyond the free ones, simply the waypoint link for the buyer via auction and the info screen at auction showing exactly what would be visible in the shop, a few lines of text a owner can add would be nice in case of shops of course. Maybe even enable to buy or reserve items at auction but at least you should have to go there then I guess to get the item bc all other offers there are in the interest of the shop owner of course.
    Cool ideas
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrisiana View Post

Yes very cool, I'm for it
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Drake Slade Corbett
    Society
    Southern Cross Training Centre
    Images
    Really loving all of these ideas. It would be cool if there was some sort of offline-trade ability with Estates and Shopkeepers, so you could sell certain item(s) to a certain player(s).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NevadaJake View Post
    Really loving all of these ideas. It would be cool if there was some sort of offline-trade ability with Estates and Shopkeepers, so you could sell certain item(s) to a certain player(s).
    in a roundabout way it sort of already exists, at least in theory... buy an apartment. put shopkeeper inside. change to private. add the intended buyer to the guest list so they can go inside while set to private. Haven't tested it, but I think that's the way it's supposed to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2