Does your Gold Card still work???

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
My Gold Card was still working a couple days ago, but now I get an 'internal error' message when logging in....

So I'm thinking maybe this is the end of the road for the Gold Card...

It would really help to find out if this is the case if someone could answer: does anyone's Gold Card still work to log them into the game?

Thanks

Legends

Mine Does

As of yesterday, all was well.

In my Soc some still use the GoldCard that still worked today

use it yesterday, today not work

This happened exactly 3 years ago to some but not all goldcard users:

2017 thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...contact-support-25-PED-whoever-figures-it-out!!!

I had the black goldcard version that didn't work for a while.

Mindark presumably want everyone to switch over to Entropia Pocket but they fixed the issue before so I dont see why they cant again (when they are back from their holiday break) :coffee:

Since 2006!
With no maintenance or battery replacement!

:silly2:

Mine still works , just put the app on my phone because the contacts or the chip are on their way out and takes a few attempts some times to get the code, i got mine back in 2007

Internal Error

Same here, worked until today.

Works great as a bookmark

This happened exactly 3 years ago to some but not all goldcard users:

2017 thread:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...contact-support-25-PED-whoever-figures-it-out!!!

I had the black goldcard version that didn't work for a while.

Mindark presumably want everyone to switch over to Entropia Pocket but they fixed the issue before so I dont see why they cant again (when they are back from their holiday break) :coffee:

I got a few issues with the Pocket app. First of all, why is EU gaming dependent on whether I have my phone? If I wanted to shut the phone off for any reason then play in peace with no distractions I could do that after I log in but for one thing; the stupid POS crashes all the time from lag.

Secondly, very suspiciously, I was going through my phone settings and discovered that Entropia Pocket wants access to the camera. Why would it need access to the camera?

In case you are living under a rock the global elites have decided that contact tracing is gonna save us all, it's coming with both updates, and tracking data helps no one but them. It's bad enough Facebook and the rest of the worlds data pirates are exploiting our private data they don't need any help.

So, I for one, would like another way to secure my account thats not smart phone based.

It would really help to find out if this is the case if someone could answer: does anyone's Gold Card still work to log them into the game?

Logged in a minute ago, gold card is still working for me.

Yeah, blessedly mine sill works. but I'm sure any day now it's going to buy the farm.

Someone can explain me why ?

Secondly, very suspiciously, I was going through my phone settings and discovered that Entropia Pocket wants access to the camera. Why would it need access to the camera?

Here's something I found on Google Play store where you can DL Entropia Pocket.

Someone made a message saying he just had a black screen when trying to use it, and this is the answer he get (it's from january 2020, I removed the name of the guy):

MindArk PE AB
Hello :censored:, sometimes the phone needs you to manually give Entropia Pocket access to use the camera so please check in your settings so that it is enabled. If this doesn't help please contact our support department: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/

Can someone please explain to me why oh why this app is using your phone camera ? :confused: :scratch2: :confused:

Really I want to know.. I'll not use this until I know.

To scan the QR-code.

To scan the QR-code.

That's what I just thought, never used it but now I see there is something to scan..
I hope you can desactivate camera after this.

What a pain in the ass, now I see I need a Google acount to dowload the app ?
Never had an account and don't want one, I hate Google..
Is there no other way to get the app ?

Pfff, the Gold card was much better, easier, and pretty sure it was even safer than this shit..

That's what I just thought, never used it but now I see there is something to scan..
I hope you can desactivate camera after this.

What a pain in the ass, now I see I need a Google acount to dowload the app ?
Never had an account and don't want one, I hate Google..
Is there no other way to get the app ?

Pfff, the Gold card was much better, easier, and pretty sure it was even safer than this shit..
Much safer, The Gold card's issue was that once in a while it would break or wear out, creating work for Support.... though imo Pocket seems like it will probably break more often just due to degree of complexity in it as a system.

Someone can explain me why ?

Here's something I found on Google Play store where you can DL Entropia Pocket.

Someone made a message saying he just had a black screen when trying to use it, and this is the answer he get (it's from january 2020, I removed the name of the guy):

MindArk PE AB
Hello :censored:, sometimes the phone needs you to manually give Entropia Pocket access to use the camera so please check in your settings so that it is enabled. If this doesn't help please contact our support department: https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/contact/

Can someone please explain to me why oh why this app is using your phone camera ? :confused: :scratch2: :confused:

Really I want to know.. I'll not use this until I know.
So your problem is the app using the camera?

lol

I would be more worried about the the permission it ask for "deleting, change or read the contents in your usb storage".
Why would a app that the only function is to generate codes, need to know what the hell I have in my usb storage? (aka micro sd cards)

Permissions can be revoked from your app phone settings.. and the only permission needed is the camera for a 1 time purpose.

Much safer, The Gold card's issue was that once in a while it would break or wear out, creating work for Support.... though imo Pocket seems like it will probably break more often just due to degree of complexity in it as a system.
What's worse is if your Pocket App breaks they revert you to your Gold Card if you had it enabled prior to the App. So keep that Gold Card even if you don't use it anymore. It may be your emergency parachute if you lose your phone.

Back