Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images

Gender Reassignment

Either we should get rid of the whole M/F restrictions on armor or we should allow avatars to get sex changes.

When I started my account those many years ago I was never made aware how sex would affect the markup for the same types of armor. It's sexual discrimination!

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jambon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either we should get rid of the whole M/F restrictions on armor or we should allow avatars to get sex changes.

When I started my account those many years ago I was never made aware how sex would affect the markup for the same types of armor. It's sexual discrimination!
    I know, it's totally ridiculous right now. I've seen Mayhem female harnesses sell recently as low as 103%, while many male harnesses have sold at 200% or more... Male Angel harness ir around 150-160%, while the fenale version is on average 120%.

This gives female avatars a huge advantage over male avatars in a rce game like this. MA needs to eliminate the whole M/F restrictions on limited armor pieces.
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There could be advantages for the economy of EU.
    Just think, hormone pills, and plastic surgery could be expanded to cover gender reassignment.

Actually how about just allowing M avatars to obtain an advantage re strength - Like the situation IRL.

It would be simpler & would save everyone the sight of unconvincing ex M avatars pretending now to be F

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Gender changing or not, armors should be unisex.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Blog Entries
    Images
    M & F Avatars have different shapes - it may be painful for F to fit into M armours.

And if armours were unisex, what about clothes? Cross dressing avs may look a bit silly

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranavolana View Post
    M & F Avatars have different shapes - it may be painful for F to fit into M armours.

And if armours were unisex, what about clothes? Cross dressing avs may look a bit silly
    Going by that logic every avatar is technically a different size due to the way the character creation program works, so perhaps all clothes and armor should be soul bound... Always thought it gross that there is a market in this game for used undergarments...

Yes, having a way to swap F to M and vice versa would be nice. Allow crafters the ability to do this swapping. Making use of existing non-usable materials would perhaps be the way to go about this... time crystals come to mind...

Delicious Ajvar Sauce
    Images
    How about a way of converting M to F armor and vice versa. E.g. by spending some currently unused materials. Maybe a simmilar system to tier upgrading.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajvar View Post
    How about a way of converting M to F armor and vice versa. E.g. by spending some currently unused materials. Maybe a simmilar system to tier upgrading.
    I think that's a great idea. Tiers would be lost though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranavolana View Post
    They already do when you know what that person's real gender is. It's just impossible to watch such an ava and believe cheap armour was the sole motivation. I don't think we need to worry about this though. It is safe to leave clothes alone since they are technically an entirely different category.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lamia Majora Pechunter
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I based my gender choice based on cheaper armor back in 2004

Looted armor parts should be a BP instead of an item, that have 100% success and 1 attempt.
    If there have to be some material for the attempt to work, well include some few Nano cubes.
    This way we can chose what gender we want from that attempt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast