Suggestion: Gender Reassignment

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Either we should get rid of the whole M/F restrictions on armor or we should allow avatars to get sex changes.

When I started my account those many years ago I was never made aware how sex would affect the markup for the same types of armor. It's sexual discrimination! :laugh:

Either we should get rid of the whole M/F restrictions on armor or we should allow avatars to get sex changes.

When I started my account those many years ago I was never made aware how sex would affect the markup for the same types of armor. It's sexual discrimination! :laugh:

I know, it's totally ridiculous right now. I've seen Mayhem female harnesses sell recently as low as 103%, while many male harnesses have sold at 200% or more... Male Angel harness ir around 150-160%, while the fenale version is on average 120%.

This gives female avatars a huge advantage over male avatars in a rce game like this. MA needs to eliminate the whole M/F restrictions on limited armor pieces.

There could be advantages for the economy of EU.
Just think, hormone pills, and plastic surgery could be expanded to cover gender reassignment.

Actually how about just allowing M avatars to obtain an advantage re strength - Like the situation IRL.

It would be simpler & would save everyone the sight of unconvincing ex M avatars pretending now to be F

Gender changing or not, armors should be unisex.

M & F Avatars have different shapes - it may be painful for F to fit into M armours.

And if armours were unisex, what about clothes? Cross dressing avs may look a bit silly :(

M & F Avatars have different shapes - it may be painful for F to fit into M armours.

And if armours were unisex, what about clothes? Cross dressing avs may look a bit silly :(

Going by that logic every avatar is technically a different size due to the way the character creation program works, so perhaps all clothes and armor should be soul bound... Always thought it gross that there is a market in this game for used undergarments...

Yes, having a way to swap F to M and vice versa would be nice. Allow crafters the ability to do this swapping. Making use of existing non-usable materials would perhaps be the way to go about this... time crystals come to mind...

How about a way of converting M to F armor and vice versa. E.g. by spending some currently unused materials. Maybe a simmilar system to tier upgrading.

Reactions: San
How about a way of converting M to F armor and vice versa. E.g. by spending some currently unused materials. Maybe a simmilar system to tier upgrading.
I think that's a great idea. Tiers would be lost though.

They already do when you know what that person's real gender is. It's just impossible to watch such an ava and believe cheap armour was the sole motivation. I don't think we need to worry about this though. It is safe to leave clothes alone since they are technically an entirely different category.

I based my gender choice based on cheaper armor back in 2004 :wise:

Looted armor parts should be a BP instead of an item, that have 100% success and 1 attempt.
If there have to be some material for the attempt to work, well include some few Nano cubes.
This way we can chose what gender we want from that attempt.

Just reading the title only makes me think. Just tuck it back mate ?

Agree

remove F/M assignments for armour and clothes

There could be advantages for the economy of EU.
Just think, hormone pills, and plastic surgery could be expanded to cover gender reassignment.

Actually how about just allowing M avatars to obtain an advantage re strength - Like the situation IRL.

It would be simpler & would save everyone the sight of unconvincing ex M avatars pretending now to be F
Hey! I resemble that...

"Refit Armor Piece"

I still rather be a real man and have male avatar :)

The guilty ones are the ones who agree to pay that price, not the avatar's sex. That is the sole principle of a RCE game : demand VS offer. Ultra capitalism :)

The guilty ones are the ones who agree to pay that price, not the avatar's sex. That is the sole principle of a RCE game : demand VS offer. Ultra capitalism :)

Not at all.

Its supply vs demand. Nothing else. There are far more male avatars out there, as the vast majority of the player base is male, and most of them go for male avatars. Therefore less male armour per avatar for males, so price is more. To blame it on the ones paying for them is ridiculous. Are you suggesting they should go without armor? This sounds like that idiot that tried to start sweat price fixing.

Rgds

Ace

I dont have a problem, if my F boar set would have the same worth as a M set :)

Not at all.

Its supply vs demand. Nothing else. There are far more male avatars out there, as the vast majority of the player base is male, and most of them go for male avatars. Therefore less male armour per avatar for males, so price is more. To blame it on the ones paying for them is ridiculous. Are you suggesting they should go without armor? This sounds like that idiot that tried to start sweat price fixing.

Rgds

Ace

Well, I believe you should go back to basic economics classes.

When resellers try to sell something too high, it just doesn't (or shouldn't) sell, thus next time they adjust prices, and so on...just take a look at how the ring market bubble is starting to crash. It has been overpriced for such a long time and now it is getting a bit more realistic (while still overpriced to my understanding).

People not buying at high street prices, more rings being introduced just make prices drop. It goes the same with armors. You have many options, my dear "idiot", no armor, other armors, healing, healer service. With now so many planets, don't even dare telling me there is not enough choice in armors, plates and healing devices. Even me as a dear noob of 16 years of age I have 4-6 different armor sets, quite as many plates sets and no less healing devices. Not talking about rings and drugs.

This game offers already huge options, just like IRL. Ihpone is too expensive for you ? Get a Xiaomi. You can't afford a Louis Vuitton ? Got for Mickael Kors. It's all about choices. And when you will be able to afford what you know look at with longing eyes, you will feel even more satisfaction.

Cheers & Chill.

Last edited:
Well, I believe you should go back to basic economics classes.

When resellers try to sell something too high, it just doesn't (or shouldn't) sell, thus next time they adjust prices, and so on...just take a look at how the ring market bubble is starting to crash. It has been overpriced for such a long time and now it is getting a bit more realistic (while still overpriced to my understanding).

People not buying at high street prices, more rings being introduced just make prices drop. It goes the same with armors. You have many options, my dear "idiot", no armor, other armors, healing, healer service. With now so many planets, don't even dare telling me there is not enough choice in armors, plates and healing devices. Even me as a dear noob of 16 years of age I have 4-6 different armor sets, quite as many plates sets and no less healing devices. Not talking about rings and drugs.

This game offers already huge options, just like IRL. Ihpone is too expensive for you ? Get a Xiaomi. You can't afford a Louis Vuitton ? Got for Mickael Kors. It's all about choices. And when you will be able to afford what you know look at with longing eyes, you will feel even more satisfaction.

Cheers & Chill.

There's no monopoly on armors (limited or non-limited), so it is a free market. So here's a basic economic lesson: https://www.britannica.com/topic/supply-and-demand

Rgds

Ace

Ace & Liu, you're both arguing basically the same thing. It's a free market, and if demand for specific items drives up prices, some will ignore the trend and prefer alternatives.

OP was about removing the primary motivation for creating avatars of a specific gender decoupled from reality just because of market pressure on a class of gender-specific items. It's about adding, not removing choices. It is a legitimate wish and does not repudiate liberty.

I wouldn't mind a sex change. Seeing my male ass running over the years has become quite boring.
Along with sex change you will be allowed to change your avatar name. Though your old avatar name will be shown when you are scanned along with date for name change.
They'd make a lot of money from this for sure.

Wholeheartedly agree with unisex armors. Clothes too if doable.

So, it's only a money thing?

So people would change avatars purely because of the price of the armours?? What a bullshit reason!
Except subzero. He has a point and that was for me also the reason the play F.
If I got to look at an ass all day while I'm playing, it better be a nice looking ass!!

Do you really think armour price would drop if it would become unisex?
Would you sell your current armour for less if it would?
Would others sell there uber armours for less if it would become unisex?

I hardly doubt it.

Maybe the price could drop a bit due to more supply. But there you would fuck over current owners who would see their value drop.

Also, I'm allergic to all that unisex gender bullshit all day everywhere.
Damn, let man be man and women be women!!!
Screw UNISEX!!! :handjob:

I still rather be a real man and have male avatar :)

Well I'd rather be looking at the backside of a female avatar for my extended game sesssions... But if a real man prefers looking at the backside of another guy - hey, who am I to judge. Lol

Do you really think armour price would drop if it would become unisex?
... or if it were made changeable. It would make it a bit less hopeless for M avatars to get the F pieces sold they keep looting.

Also, I'm allergic to all that unisex gender bullshit all day everywhere.
Damn, let man be man and women be women!!!
Screw UNISEX!!! :handjob:
Totally on your page here. But think again, wouldn't more flexibility make for more honesty rather than less because it removes the most frequently claimed reason for this awkward situation. (Ofc I mean armour only, clothes should absolutely remain as they are. No hardship there since clothes are not looted anymore.)

... or if it were made changeable. It would make it a bit less hopeless for M avatars to get the F pieces sold they keep looting.

Totally on your page here. But think again, wouldn't more flexibility make for more honesty rather than less because it removes the most frequently claimed reason for this awkward situation. (Ofc I mean armour only, clothes should absolutely remain as they are. No hardship there since clothes are not looted anymore.)

well, to be honest, if you want as male to wear F armour, yeah sure, that should be possible. Why not?
The same with clothes.
We need more drag queens!!!!

But the armour should just stay as is.
So as male you could wear a nice F set with the nice titties on 'm!

No need to change anything.
Just give F and M avatars the possibility to wear anything they like!

I want to be neutered because my name should be female.

I want to be neutered because my name should be female.

Yeah, only real men, with balls, can be neutered!

I guess that's the only privilege we men have nowadays in this feminezed world we live in.

The main result of this would be that everyone who has had, for many years, the disadvantage of having to pay more for armour, will suffer the further disadvantage of having their armour assets plummet in value, while everyone else gains an opposite advantage for the same reason.

In real life, things like that start civil wars.

well, to be honest, if you want as male to wear F armour, yeah sure, that should be possible. Why not?
The same with clothes.
We need more drag queens!!!!

But the armour should just stay as is.
So as male you could wear a nice F set with the nice titties on 'm!

No need to change anything.
Just give F and M avatars the possibility to wear anything they like!

Do you misunderstand on purpose or is it me not getting a joke? I said I support the idea someone else wrote above of exchanging an armour piece for a new one with different gender. Not the ability to cross-dress and no change to clothes. I find this as ridiculous as you do.

The main result of this would be that everyone who has had, for many years, the disadvantage of having to pay more for armour, will suffer the further disadvantage of having their armour assets plummet in value, while everyone else gains an opposite advantage for the same reason.

In real life, things like that start civil wars.
Oh my bleeding heart. Stuff loses value all the time. If you can't make it worth your money while you use it, you paid too much in the first place. If you can, anything you get back at the end of its usefulness is a bonus. Cf current discussion about rings.

Back